2022 Eagles Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Of the potential 2nd Round opponents, which would Eagle fans really really want to avoid?

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Of the potential 2nd Round opponents, which would Eagle fans really really want to avoid?

Both the giants and cowboys. If the good cowboys show up they’re a tough out and they’re incredibly inconsistent so you don’t know which one you’re getting. For the giants it’s hard to beat the same team 3 times a season. Plus the eagles weakness has been stopping the run and Saquon is VERY capable. Plus week 18 I think gave them some confidence. Of those 2, I’d rather not see the giants the most I think.

Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Both the giants and cowboys. If the good cowboys show up they’re a tough out and they’re incredibly inconsistent so you don’t know which one you’re getting. For the giants it’s hard to beat the same team 3 times a season. Plus the eagles weakness has been stopping the run and Saquon is VERY capable. Plus week 18 I think gave them some confidence. Of those 2, I’d rather not see the giants the most I think.
If they let Hurts play his normal game, then the Eagles would boat race the Giants back to Jersey. The Cowboys have some weapons and a top defense. I’d rather avoid them, but it’s not the worst matchup.

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
If they let Hurts play his normal game, then the Eagles would boat race the Giants back to Jersey. The Cowboys have some weapons and a top defense. I’d rather avoid them, but it’s not the worst matchup.

So I completely get where you’re coming from. My thoughts come from the momentum perspective, which to me weighs a lot. I’ve seen giants fans and media talking about “3rd string giants almost beat the 1st string eagles”. Plus if they beat the 3 seed in their house I’d be concerned with the momentum they could be bringing with them.

Reactions: WestSideLion

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
So I completely get where you’re coming from. My thoughts come from the momentum perspective, which to me weighs a lot. I’ve seen giants fans and media talking about “3rd string giants almost beat the 1st string eagles”. Plus if they beat the 3 seed in their house I’d be concerned with the momentum they could be bringing with them.
Apply Occam’s Razor here. The Eagles are better top to bottom, coming off of two weeks rest and playing at home.

People overthink momentum. Players and rest matter A LOT in the NFL this time of year.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I can see it now. Eagles>Giants
Cowboys >49 ers
Eagles>Cowboys for the SB!!
Everything goes thru the East

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Yes! Per Dave Zangaro, Sweat is off the injury report, healed from the neck injury, and expected to start against the Giants.

Giants fans and pundits like to talk about how the giants 3’s almost beat the birds 1’s in week 18. Yet none of them bring up arguably our best DE this year being out that game, and our first ballot HOFer RT being out that game, and the playbook being so damn vanilla that game. Can’t stand it when people refuse to look deeper than the surface.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Sorry fellas. Your coach says he craves Pizza Hut stuffed crust. He's disqualified from life. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: BobPSU92