2022 Eagles Thread

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
Interesting Eagles blog entry from Reuben Frank re a data point on Sanders since entering the NFL .. also goes to Saquan Barkley post earlier

4. Speaking of Sanders … I’ve said all offseason that Sanders became a smarter, more decisive ball carrier last year. He didn’t dance around as much as his first two seasons, he didn’t try to bounce everything outside at the first sign of trouble inside, he didn’t try for the home run all the time. The numbers bear it out. Sanders’ first two years he gained a lot of yards but also incurred too many negative runs, generally when he tried to do too much. Last year, he made big strides in that area. As a rookie, Sanders had a gain of zero or negative yards 22.9 percent of the time. In 2021, that dropped a bit to 20.1 percent. Still way too high. But last year he had a gain of zero or less on just 13.9 percent of his carries. Running backs need to understand they’re hurting the team by trying to turn a four-yard run into a 40-yard run but instead getting thrown for a loss. That 13.9 percent figure is really encouraging. Straight ahead, between-the-tackles Miles Sanders is by far the most effective Miles Sanders.
This means Miles is learning how to play pro ball better? I am thinking with hopefully a better passing game this season, it will open up the run game more. Always been a Miles fan(or anyone from PSU on the Iggles) and want him to do well.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
The “dream team” wound is still too fresh
I was listening to NFL on XM and Bill Polian was discussing Jimmy G. Why wouldn’t the Eagles have interest? With their upgrades and surrounding cast on offense, if Hurts doesn’t work, then they don’t have much of a chance. Jimmy G is good enough to get them to a Super Bowl if the rest of the offense stays healthy and the defense were good enough.

Howie won’t do it, but he should be making that call.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I was listening to NFL on XM and Bill Polian was discussing Jimmy G. Why wouldn’t the Eagles have interest? With their upgrades and surrounding cast on offense, if Hurts doesn’t work, then they don’t have much of a chance. Jimmy G is good enough to get them to a Super Bowl if the rest of the offense stays healthy and the defense were good enough.

Howie won’t do it, but he should be making that call.
Jimmy won’t work for them relative to the cap. Hurts is on a cheap rookie contract, jimmy would cost a lot more

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Jimmy won’t work for them relative to the cap. Hurts is on a cheap rookie contract, jimmy would cost a lot more
SF is going to have to pay a lot of Jimmy’s salary or release him and see him go to a division rival in Seattle.

It’s not easy, but Howie should make the call. Jimmy is a huge upgrade over Minshew.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
SF is going to have to pay a lot of Jimmy’s salary or release him and see him go to a division rival in Seattle.

It’s not easy, but Howie should make the call. Jimmy is a huge upgrade over Minshew.
1) no matter who pays what, I think their salaries go against one teams cap, not split between 2 teams so if a trade the Eagles are on the hook for the whole $25 mil ( even if SF pays like $20) relative to the cap. Again I think
2) why would jimmy g want to be a back up?? He can go somewhere else n start
3) I m a Jimmy G supporter but I don’t think he ll be w the Eagles unless they say screw Hurts, release him and sign Jimmy
I just don’t see that happening

Reactions: WestSideLion

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
1) no matter who pays what, I think their salaries go against one teams cap, not split between 2 teams so if a trade the Eagles are on the hook for the whole $25 mil ( even if SF pays like $20) relative to the cap. Again I think
2) why would jimmy g want to be a back up?? He can go somewhere else n start
3) I m a Jimmy G supporter but I don’t think he ll be w the Eagles unless they say screw Hurts, release him and sign Jimmy
I just don’t see that happening
I understand all the reasons it won’t happen. If you follow recent Eagles history, then you know the value having a first rate backup QB brings!

Minshew is a “win one game” type of backup. Jimmy can get you to the show if your starter goes down for the year.

The Eagles clearly want to see what Hurts brings this year. They’ll either extend him or draft a young guy next year.

Reactions: s1uggo72

delcoLion

Nov 14, 2021
I was working in the basement today and had the talking heads on the radio and they report that Miles is running with the 2nd unit. Boston Scott and Ken Gainwell alternating with 1st unit. Hmmm…

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I confess I’m not an Iggles fan ( wife is huge fan though so I don’t root against them 😉 ), but I don’t understand the “astronomical” expectations? 🧐 🤔 🤨

This is a 9-8 team
You must be new around here. It’s late July and time for the annual just cancel the season and hand the Super Bowl Trophy to the Eagles.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU2169

Latest posts