2022 Eagles Thread

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

if you have the time, read what Howard Mudd was all about. He had a break down on every DL in the NFL, about what they did well and how to handle them. Howard was a guy who wanted the OL to jump the DL on pass plays as opposed to retreating back. Howard would tell them to go shake their hand. I felt we could have blocked Chase Young better doing it that way.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Ok, Eagles fans. What are your draft predictions for the week?

I’m sticking with DL and/or OL in round one. I think a Howie trade of some kind is likely, but I don’t have a feel on whether that’s up or down in round one.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

I’m sticking with DL and/or OL in round one. I think a Howie trade of some kind is likely, but I don’t have a feel on whether that’s up or down in round one.
Well that’s going out on a limb!! Lol. Teasing. I hope he keeps the 2 first rounders. No matter what I want a 8-10 yr starter
I’d take Robinson if he’s there at 10 I doubt they do that

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Well that’s going out on a limb!! Lol. Teasing. I hope he keeps the 2 first rounders. No matter what I want a 8-10 yr starter
I’d take Robinson if he’s there at 10 I doubt they do that
The challenge is that there are a dozen linemen in play and Howie has stated he isn’t in love with a particular player. They seem mixed on Carter so that trade up scenario is iffy. The top DEs will be long gone by pick 7.

I’d say Skoronski or Jones at 10 is a Howie pick. Maybe a trade up from 30 for Robinson who won’t make it past the Chargers at 21.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
The challenge is that there are a dozen linemen in play and Howie has stated he isn’t in love with a particular player. They seem mixed on Carter so that trade up scenario is iffy. The top DEs will be long gone by pick 7.

I’d say Skoronski or Jones at 10 is a Howie pick. Maybe a trade up from 30 for Robinson who won’t make it past the Chargers at 21.
I don’t think he makes it past Atlanta @ 7? And I wouldn’t package another draft choice to move up. Now a player? Maybe Quez, maybe an OL outside the top 8.
I think I like the UGA OT the best
Plus there’s an Alabama safetyi like but not there. 30? Idk

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Howie is very good at keeping their hopes/plans to himself and a very small group. The draft has been a main topic of discussion on Philadelphia sports talk for the past few weeks, but in my limited listening I haven't noticed any type of consensus emerging as to what the Birds will do.

I hope they keep the 10th pick, and take the best player available. As for their 2nd pick in the 1st round, it would not surprise me at all if they traded it to get a high 2nd round pick and additional picks in this year's draft (or a combo of this year's and next year's).

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Howie is very good at keeping their hopes/plans to himself and a very small group. The draft has been a main topic of discussion on Philadelphia sports talk for the past few weeks, but in my limited listening I haven't noticed any type of consensus emerging as to what the Birds will do.

I hope they keep the 10th pick, and take the best player available. As for their 2nd pick in the 1st round, it would not surprise me at all if they traded it to get a high 2nd round pick and additional picks in this year's draft (or a combo of this year's and next year's).

Paris Johnson is a sneaky pick at 10 and one that screams Howie. Lane is getting up there and his extension has that “giving him a career thank you payment” vibe to it. I can see him hitting 35 and retiring. Good to have your future RT on the roster ahead of time.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This surprises me. Multiple articles and comments by insiders over the past year indicated that the Birds really liked Wilson. It will be interesting to learn why they made the move.

Or am I confusing Milton Williams and Marvin Williams? That's probably the case.

Last edited:

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
This surprises me. Multiple articles and comments by insiders over the past year indicated that the Birds really liked Wilson. It will be interesting to learn why they made the move.

Or am I confusing Milton Williams and Marvin Williams? That's probably the case.

Wasn’t Marvin Wilson from FSU who as a JR was a top 10 prospect came back for his SR yr and went undrafted ?? I think they hoped he could regain his form

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Carter is eerily similar to Warren Sapp. I believe it is obvious that if he stays healthy, he will be an absolute star in the NFL. NFL scouts for 8 teams out thought themselves on this one and the Eagles will benefit.
The NFL scouts who passed on Carter did so for a reason. For one thing, three teams needed quarterbacks first and foremost. Maybe the Eagles felt their situation is such that Carter would thrive with them, what with their Hurts-lead culture and multiple former teammates from Georgia. (I myself totally buy this; I don’t anticipate Carter being anything other than a fine teammate.) But every team took a hard look at Carter’s off-field issues, they’re not insignificant.

Last edited:

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
The NFL scouts who passed on Carter did so for a reason. For one thing, three teams needed quarterbacks first and foremost. Maybe the Eagles felt their situation is such that Carter would thrive with them, what with their Hurts-lead culture and multiple former teammates from Georgia. (I myself totally buy this; I don’t anticipate Carter being anything other than a fine teammate.) But every team took a hard look at Carter’s off-field issues, they’re not insignificant.
What bothers me most about him was his pro day workout which I do not believe he completed. Maybe all the other stuff was too much

I just hope he is everything they say he can be

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
What bothers me most about him was his pro day workout which I do not believe he completed. Maybe all the other stuff was too much

I just hope he is everything they say he can be
That’s fair. But Carter has been under a lot of pressure lately. The fact that this pressure has been largely self-inflicted doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been a hard year for him so far. The Eagles seem confident that they can make this work.

Last edited:
Reactions: s1uggo72

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
That’s fair. But Carter has been under a lot of pressure lately. The fact that has been largely self-inflicted doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been a hard year for him so far. The Eagles seem confident that they can make this work.

Reactions: LionJim

Latest posts