2022 PSU WVB Thread

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
We are better:
Katie Schumacher-Cawley made her first big splash of the offseason in the transfer portal, nabbing former Michigan star and junior outside hitter Jess Mruzik.

Standing at 6-foot-1, Mruzik has been a back-to-back first-team All-Big Ten selection for the Wolverines, tallying a team leading 394 kills last season.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
We are better:
Katie Schumacher-Cawley made her first big splash of the offseason in the transfer portal, nabbing former Michigan star and junior outside hitter Jess Mruzik.

Standing at 6-foot-1, Mruzik has been a back-to-back first-team All-Big Ten selection for the Wolverines, tallying a team leading 394 kills last season.
Good get!

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
Getting Mruzik and Podraza in a span of a few days puts Penn State solidly in the pre-season Top 10, maybe closer to Top 5.

I understand KSC isn't done quite yet. Could be more good news over the next couple of weeks.

Podraza had visits scheduled to Nebraska, Wisconsin and Louisville, but canceled them after attending the wrestling match Friday night and the hockey game on Saturday.

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
No doubt she caught Coach Schumaker's attention with this outing:

1674579983452.png

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
There will be a new wave of players entering the portal after the spring semester. I would expect KSC to go hard after any quality MBs who are in the portal or will enter the portal.

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
It looks like KSC got another one. Don't know if it's a portal transfer or a 2024 recruit. We should find out in the next couple of days or sooner.

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
It's actually three setters. Snyder from Arizona State, Podraza from THE Ohio State and van Eekeren from High Point.

There is speculation that KSC will run a 6-2. Van Eekeren is also known as a strong server and has been a service sub at Creighton.

Keep in mind that Snyder has two years of eligibility left, while the other two only have one. She might be waiting to compete for the starting spot in her final year of eligibility. FWIW, her brother is on the Penn State men's team.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It's actually three setters. Snyder from Arizona State, Podraza from THE Ohio State and van Eekeren from High Point.

There is speculation that KSC will run a 6-2. Van Eekeren is also known as a strong server and has been a service sub at Creighton.

Keep in mind that Snyder has two years of eligibility left, while the other two only have one. She might be waiting to compete for the starting spot in her final year of eligibility. FWIW, her brother is on the Penn State men's team.

sorry, I should have been more complete in my response. I knew about Snyder, and her brother being on the team, etc. I figured that with Podraza's resume, and Snyder having multiple years of eligibility, that it was pretty much going to be Podraza setting this year. As such, the van Eekeren transfer did surprise me, in that I don't see a lot of time available for her in the coming season, and she only has one year of eligibility.

As always, I will defer to KSC. She knows her team, and what it needs to contend at the highest levels. Podraza and van Eekeren were on campus together last weekend, so I suspect that KSC and her staff laid out their plans for how both would be used in the coming season.

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
Life comes at you fast.

Ella Snyder has withdrawn from Penn State. Not sure if this happened before or after Mac and Ally visited Penn State together last weekend.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
I don't know exactly why Snyder left, but with Mac and Ally committing and Starck coming in next year, she may have decided she wasn't in the mix for a starting spot either this season or next.

I hope she doesn't feel that she was misled by KSC. I also hope KSC didn't mislead her.

Last edited:

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
There is a rumor starting to circulate that Camryn Hannah might be coming to Penn State from the portal. She can play both pins and was a 2nd team All-ACC player at Clemson. She would be a great get with one of the two remaining scholarships.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
We are better, WVB version, any idea who this is, Camryn Hannah from Clemson?

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
KSC got another one. Not sure if it's from the portal or not. This one kind of came out of left field.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
KSC got another one. Not sure if it's from the portal or not. This one kind of came out of left field.

If it is true, from the portal, she is a DS played for Coastal Carolina. She is a PA girl, pehaps walkon?

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
Apparently it is Lina Perugini, but no official announcement yet. She's from Bethlehem and played four years at Coastal Carolina and was successful there.

I'd be a little surprised if she's a scholarship player at Penn State, with a pressing need for a middle.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
She’s a graduate transfer libero with one year of eligibility remaining.

Latest posts