2022 PSU WVB Thread

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I'm no expert but spacing appears to be an issue for us. Our girls seem to all follow the ball, creating a lot of open space.

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
Down 14-17 set 2. Kashauna Williams being defended well. Wisky blocking 10 to PSU'S 2.
Now 14-19

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
2nd set stats, the Ladies hv Wisky in negative hitting, but themselves are even worse. Must be ugly to watch right now.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
2nd set stats, the Ladies hv Wisky in negative hitting, but themselves are even worse. Must be ugly to watch right now.

an enjoyable match to watch, other than Wisky winning the 1st two sets. PSU made too many errors in the 1st set. Wisky is really talented, and really tall. This is the 3rd time they've played this season, and Wisky won the 1st two times. They are the returning National Champs, and playing like it. PSU just doesn't have as many weapons, though they are battling.

Reactions: Hlstone

mydome88

Nov 27, 2021
Felt like I was watching football with that touch call. Not sure how inconclusive that could have been on video.

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
Alexa Markley getting more playing time in set 3 and making a difference with some good blocks.

Reactions: mydome88

Eric_M

Oct 12, 2021
Not sure how they overturned that call of no tip. Her fingers never moved and there was no clear view to overturn?

Reactions: LionsAndBears

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
Agree the overturn was questionable but didn't matter as PS takes set 3. Still a major hill to climb though

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
We cleaned up the unforced errors at the end of the 3rd and since then are playing strong.

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
Would have never thought this was going 5 sets after those first 2. Maybe we lulled Wiscy to sleep.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
A good 1st season for Katie after the off season turnover. Anxious to see what she can do going forward.

I felt she out performed expectations, considering when she took over, and the players that left via the portal. She and her staff did a nice job of bringing in some excellent players from the portal.

The team is losing a good deal. Kash Williams was their star OH. Katie Clark was their best MB. and Seleisa Elisaia was their setter. That's a lot to replace. Anastasiya Kudryashova is the other player whose eligibility is up. She played more last year, but wasn't a key contributor this year.

Alexa Markley was the breakout star of the underclassmen. She is a nice OH, and should be an even bigger offensive threat in future seasons.

PSU has signed 3 players for the 2023 recruiting class: 6'4" OH Karis Willow, 6'3" MB Catherine Burke, and 5'3" L/DS Jocelyn Nathan.

There are rumors that PSU is involved with some players that are in the portal; hard to talk definitely about that until they land one or more.

NavyBlue

Nov 5, 2021
I felt she out performed expectations, considering when she took over, and the players that left via the portal. She and her staff did a nice job of bringing in some excellent players from the portal.

The team is losing a good deal. Kash Williams was their star OH. Katie Clark was their best MB. and Seleisa Elisaia was their setter. That's a lot to replace. Anastasiya Kudryashova is the other player whose eligibility is up. She played more last year, but wasn't a key contributor this year.

Alexa Markley was the breakout star of the underclassmen. She is a nice OH, and should be an even bigger offensive threat in future seasons.

PSU has signed 3 players for the 2023 recruiting class: 6'4" OH Karis Willow, 6'3" MB Catherine Burke, and 5'3" L/DS Jocelyn Nathan.

There are rumors that PSU is involved with some players that are in the portal; hard to talk definitely about that until they land one or more.
The Lady Lions definitely outperformed expectations. I think a lot of fans were expecting a finish in the bottom third. The coaches have to be commended with finding transfers that will fill gaps on the team until recruiting gets back to previous levels. I would think transfers and HS recruits would react well to the scrap that this team showed throughout the season. Any fears that the program would take a massive step back without Coach Rose seem to be unfounded. That said, even with taking the Badgers to 5 sets, there is an appreciable gap between the programs. Watching the match, other than serving, I couldn't put my finger on how we kept it close.

Reactions: Nitwit and Grass

NitneLiun

Aug 24, 2017
There are rumors that Mizzou's setter who recently entered the transfer portal might end up at Penn State with three years of eligibility left, I believe.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
1st time in a long time, PSU doesn't have a player in 1st, 2nd or 3rd team?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I think this is the 2nd player from the 2022 recruiting class (out of 4 total) that is leaving via the portal.

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
Love it that Neeli was there to show support. Now if Coach Katie can just pull in one or two more players about twice Neeli’s height from the portal we can get back some of the depth we lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roar More

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Love it that Neeli was there to show support. Now if Coach Katie can just pull in one or two more players about twice Neeli’s height from the portal we can get back some of the depth we lost.
Certainly more fun than working on the budget these days.