2022 World Cup - USA team thread

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
It's been a great ride, really looking forward to what's coming.
How can you not. As much hate as the coach has taken while qualifying them and then advancing them, you have to love where this team is heading and they are super young. I was told this team couldn't go anywhere by so called fans of the US squad while they pissed and moaned all along the way. Holland is a good squad, but they are far from unbeatable the last few years. We won't be favored, but I'll still give them a punchers chance there.

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
Because????? This is a pretty aged Netherlands team.
I don't want to discount them too much because they are very good, but, if ever you were goin go beat the Netherlands, this is the year.
The fivethirtyeight computer model gives the US a 34% chance of victory against the Netherlands. That seems about right. I think a 34% chance of getting to the final eight of the World Cup is a pretty exciting opportunity.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
The fivethirtyeight computer model gives the US a 34% chance of victory against the Netherlands. That seems about right. I think a 34% chance of getting to the final eight of the World Cup is a pretty exciting opportunity.
Two months ago, after the Japan and Saudi Arabia friendlies, I might have sold my soul if given a 34% chance of getting to the final eight of the World Cup in exchange.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Our team should beat some guy named Ned.
Right?! Poor Ned. A whole country against one dude. I wonder what Ned did to deserve this?

Doesn't matter ... we'll make Ned squeal like a pig, no doubt ...

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I just wanted to put this out here again. All respect.
Tim Weah had a great tweet basically saying this about the whole Iranian squad. As young as this team is, they get it and knew the ramifications. Adams response to the Iranian reporter the other day may have been the most mature response I have seen by any athlete in any sport give on such a huge stage. It was meant to be a divisive line of questions and he just was so elegant with his response.

Last edited:
Reactions: A2nit and LionJim

GreggK

May 25, 2022
Two months ago, after the Japan and Saudi Arabia friendlies, I might have sold my soul if given a 34% chance of getting to the final eight of the World Cup in exchange.

I was very critical about those Saudi and Japan games and as it turns out, they are pretty good. I was mainly annoyed they didn't bring up CCV and here we are, qualified for the final 16 with CCV as the CB.

Reactions: LionJim

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
That was a total squeeky bum game and I was only able to listen to it at work. Looking forward to watching on Saturday.

Honestly, I'm worried about the Iranian players after they did not sing their national anthem for the first game. If they had advanced or even eliminated the USA it might have been forgiven. Can't even imagine what some of the fans, or families of some fans that were observed protesting will be facing.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
That was a total squeeky bum game and I was only able to listen to it at work. Looking forward to watching on Saturday.

Honestly, I'm worried about the Iranian players after they did not sing their national anthem for the first game. If they had advanced or even eliminated the USA it might have been forgiven. Can't even imagine what some of the fans, or families of some fans that were observed protesting will be facing.
Word I’ve read is that the regime threatened to torture the players families if they didn’t toe the line. That was the reason for my post this morning. Barbarians.

Latest posts