2023 - 2024 Premier League thread

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Jimmy Fallon Comedy GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Fwiw, if Liverpool beats Aston Villa tomorrow, Tottenham is still alive for 4th place. One would think the result tomorrow would impact how Tottenham approaches the MC match.
Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool at 37’. Just got back from a walk to see AVL blow the easiest tap-in in the history of ridiculously easy tap-ins.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
AVL 1-3 Liverpool at 49’, nice header off a free kick. You’ve seen this exact play a million times, nothing spectacular, just solid soccer.

Liverpool has nothing to play for and right before the goal I was ready to extend this thread by remarking on how hard Liverpool was playing. No dog in that team. Perfect timing, cool.

Aston Villa just scored, now 2-3, 52’. Very entertaining match. Nope, back to 1-3, offsides. AVL teammates getting into it in a way I’ve rarely seen.

Reactions: Psurosco

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
AVL 3-3 Liverpool at 89’, lol, two goals in a minute and a half, guessing. The crowd is going wild.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Liverpool is just dog sh|t. Granted, they had nothing to play for today, as third place is locked up. Of course, that is the f*cking problem. Dog sh|t.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Sorry for the snark. I’m really feeling it, the disappointment. Plus it looks as if my nephew will not make the Olympic team in archery, not 100% on this but it’s not looking good. Huge huge disappointment for the kid. It’s hard.

• Sad
Reactions: rudedude

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Sorry for the snark. I’m really feeling it, the disappointment. Plus it looks as if my nephew will not make the Olympic team in archery, not 100% on this but it’s not looking good. Huge huge disappointment for the kid. It’s hard.
Second place again. Well, it was a good fight.

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
Second place again. Well, it was a good fight.
Arsenal has had a great season, having only lost 5 games all year. Which goes to show you how little margin for error there is to reach the top of the table. Plus, Arsenal still would become champs with a win and a Man City loss or tie. It would be crazy if it comes down to a goal differential of 1 or 2 goals over an entire season if they end up tied on points with an Arsenal win and a MC tie.

When I first started following EPL, I thought it was odd that there was no playoff at the end of the season to decide a champion. After seeing a couple of decades of EPL title races, I now believe that the way the EPL determines its champion is absolutely the best way to do it.

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
As a long suffering Villa fan - who had to endure watching them on dodgy internet streams during their years in the Championship - I’m still in shock at what we accomplished these past two seasons. Build the Emery statue!
Enjoy next year.

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

stater02

Jan 17, 2022

o_O

Still, the article says that Watkins is unlikely to leave Villa.
It is going to be a wild summer for us. Lots of upgrading needs to be done to compete at the highest levels, and I’m afraid we will see some longtime favorites depart. Comes with the territory, I suppose.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I had a hard time seeing what happened to him. They didn't show the replay for awhile and, when they did, I still couldn't see exactly where he got hit. It is no surprise that he really got hammered on the play but I am amazed that he stayed on the pitch for several more minutes.