2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
This is not a good sign ... Cybthia Jordan just tweeted It's a great day to be a gator and then retweeted Milaysia's commitment time :/
Perhaps it's just a last minute shot from her? Also the fact that Florida is even a finalist for a program that's still in rebuild is good publicity in itself.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Perhaps it's just a last minute shot from her?
Hope so and another poster on The Boneyard pointed out that Cynthia tweets that a lot (I don't follow her) They have no current signees so maybe timing was just a coincidence, and she obviously sends out that tweet for other reasons.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Hope so and another poster on The Boneyard pointed out that Cynthia tweets that a lot (I don't follow her) They have no current signees so maybe timing was just a coincidence, and she obviously sends out that tweet for other reasons.
I'm sure we'll be fine regardless, in the times we missed out on big recruits before as of late, we almost always end up with a replacement that's just as good if not better. I hope she picks us but I would totally understand if she wanted to leave Columbia to experience something new for a change as well too.

Reactions: CockyGirl

GarnetGhost

Joined Apr 22, 2014
Jan 18, 2022
This is not a good sign ... Cybthia Jordan just tweeted It's a great day to be a gator and then retweeted Milaysia's commitment time :/
So she is going to announce in her school gym where Florida will not be the popular choice? Maybe she is.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Maybe if true it means we got Watkins .... A girl can dream right?
Gave this a little thought.... Cynthia is former director of BB here and played for DS at Temple. She knows Fulwiley. Maybe she pulled off a miracle and She is going to UF. But after Kitts and the OV here I think Jordan is hyping a kid she knows and likes and having some last minute fun with us. 🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏

Reactions: CockyGirl

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
So she is going to announce in her school gym where Florida will not be the popular choice? Maybe she is.
I said this on another board the other day. If I was announcing a choice other than SC I don’t think I would do it in front a crowd that is obviously going to be a heavy Gamecock lean. I would just post a video online or something … but that’s just me!

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I said this on another board the other day. If I was announcing a choice other than SC I don’t think I would do it in front a crowd that is obviously going to be a heavy Gamecock lean. I would just post a video online or something … but that’s just me!
I wonder if Watkins would do the same in front of pro-california school audience. If that thought is valid, which isnt bad thought, then if Watkins announces vie twitter or instagram or something, our chances are good but if in california gym, maybe not.

Reactions: winloseortie

GarnetGhost

Joined Apr 22, 2014
Jan 18, 2022
I wonder if Watkins would do the same in front of pro-california school audience. If that thought is valid, which isnt bad thought, then if Watkins announces vie twitter or instagram or something, our chances are good but if in california gym, maybe not.
Not quiet the same picking the reigning National Champion regardless of where your gym is.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
unless it is between two teams that hold last two national titles and both been in final four.
Juju picking Stanford wouldn't quite be the same as her picking Southern Cal. Stanford is about 6 hours away, so the only real home crowd pressure will likely be for Southern Cal.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
She's on Instagram if you have it.

Nevermind it's a crappy stream.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Seems to me Fulwiley's commitment should put us at #2 in the rankings. Of course, Watkins would push us to either 1 or behind Stanford, depending on where she goes.

UCONN is currently #3, so ESPN might not let us jump them, even with the Fulwiley commitment.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Seems to me Fulwiley's commitment should put us at #2 in the rankings. Of course, Watkins would push us to either 1 or behind Stanford, depending on where she goes.

UCONN is currently #3, so ESPN might not let us jump them, even with the Fulwiley commitment.
I think we should be #1.
SC- 4 players- 13, 17, 25, 40
LSU -4 players- 2, 7, 44, 73
UConn- 4 players- 6, 15, 41, Unranked
Stanford- 3 players- 10, 37, 39, ???

While we don't have any top 10 players, we also don't have any players outside of the top 50 either. The only team who can likely challenge our class is Stanford and that's only if they get Juju.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I think we should be #1.
SC- 4 players- 13, 17, 25, 40
LSU -4 players- 2, 7, 44, 73
UConn- 4 players- 6, 15, 41, Unranked
Stanford- 3 players- 10, 37, 39, ???

While we don't have any top 10 players, we also don't have any players outside of the top 50 either. The only team who can likely challenge our class is Stanford and that's only if they get Juju.
As of today I still think LSU is #1, because of filling needs. They needed a big, we needed a big, they got the big.
I think Arizona is #2 3 players- 8,14,21
We jump to #3 and when we get JUJU we go to #1 and then when Joyce Edwards reclassifies and commits to us🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
DarkCock and GameKem

Don’t know if you saw that Caroline Ducharme sat out UConn’s opener with neck issues. The neck issues are sporadic but chronic and date back to last season. She had 2 concussions last season and major hip surgery in the off season. Seems to me she is a bad play away from being lost for the season

Also watched Bama play, they will probably make NCAAs. Wake also has new coach who is on it. Their guard Jewel Spear might be as good a shooter as anyone in the country

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
DarkCock and GameKem

Don’t know if you saw that Caroline Ducharme sat out UConn’s opener with neck issues. The neck issues are sporadic but chronic and date back to last season. She had 2 concussions last season and major hip surgery in the off season. Seems to me she is a bad play away from being lost for the season

Also watched Bama play, they will probably make NCAAs. Wake also has new coach who is on it. Their guard Jewel Spear might be as good a shooter as one in the country
I was surprised that Bama was selected to finish 4th. Is Bama that good or is the conference down?

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
DarkCock and GameKem

Also watched Bama play, they will probably make NCAAs. Wake also has new coach who is on it. Their guard Jewel Spear might be as good a shooter as one in the country
That stinks, I like Ducharme. She carried that team when Paige and others got hurt last season and never got the credit she deserved even from her own coach.

Jewel Spear is the real deal, her game is sort of what I expect from Tessa Johnson, we're going to be problem with her on the roster.

As for Bama I was surprised until I saw the roster. That team is filled with Juniors, Seniors and Grad students. They have no Sophomores and 1 Freshman

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Reactions: KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
They did look average, some credit has to go to UMASS. I believe they were league champs last year. They are favored to win their league this year also. They are not a cupcake. Horston also went down with an injury in the last minute of the first quarter. She was not on the bench for the second half. Reading tea leaves, that is not good
Hey, I don't want to see anyone get hurt, especially to the point that the person cannot do what he/she once could, or as well as he/she once could. It strikes me, though, that every team that goes on to win the ultimate championship has the Red Sea open up for them at some point, and that opening can take many different forms. If it opens up for us, it isn't as though the team contrives in advance to cause it; it simply happens.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I feel good about this Maryland matchup. They don't really have any posts but they do have some lengthy guards. I think this could potentially be a tight first half, but we pull away in the 2nd. We have the length and speed to outmatch them and most of our posts are comfortable enough to switch and defend out toward the 3 point line which will be needed. Defend the 3 point line, take care of the ball, play SC basketball and I think we'll win comfortably.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I feel good about this Maryland matchup. They don't really have any posts but they do have some lengthy guards. I think this could potentially be a tight first half, but we pull away in the 2nd. We have the length and speed to outmatch them and most of our posts are comfortable enough to switch and defend out toward the 3 point line which will be needed. Defend the 3 point line, take care of the ball, play SC basketball and I think we'll win comfortably.
Got it right on the nose!

Reactions: Gamekem

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Gamecocks improve to 2-0 with the 81-56 win at Maryland.

Zia Cooke led the way with 18 pts on 4-14 shooting, but 4-9 from the 3-pt arc, and 6-7 at the free throw line, with 3 assists and 2 steals. Aliyah Boston had another double-double with 16 pts on 7-8 shooting, with 13 boards. Kamilla Cardoso added 13 pts on 6-7 shooting, with 5 rebounds. Laeticia Amihere added 10 pts on 4-9 shooting, with 8 rebounds, and Brea Beal added 9 pts on 3-7 shooting - all from the 3-pt. arc - with 8 boards, and 4 assists....

Reactions: Gamekem

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Raven and Fletcher couldn't buy a basket. So our best offensive lineup included Boston, Cardoso and LA in at the same time. They were able to pass over the zone to each other into the low post. Cardoso is a very good finisher. I believe both her and Boston finished 6 of 7 from the field. Cardoso did have some issues on defense switching on the perimeter. Need to clean that up before Stanford.

Reactions: Gamekem and vacock

Latest posts