2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I know it was more than that short shot but that sometimes is difficult, particularly from the wing and that was what helped her go to the next level. It was very hard for anyone to defend her with that shot because they were focusing on Boston alot and didnt want to leave her. That left Kiki open for it alot and she nailed it every time. I love Saxton alot and have from day one and was thrilled she came back. if she can consistently nail that type of shot it will take this team to the next level which is almost unstoppable. People cant fall off of Boston to defend it because they dont want to eave her open and want to double team her. It would be one more insane weapon for this team.
You are exactly right about Saxton.
It’s just a bad comparison to Kiki. Kiki’s senior season was possibly one of the best shooting seasons in Carolina history

50.6% FG
43.5% 3 pt
85.7% ft

A couple of more made fts and she would have had the holy grail of shooting seasons a 180% season 50/40/90. Her combined was 179.8%

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Let’s say that we continue to win all of our games by at least 40 points including ranked teams. How likely will you watch on TV? (I know you will go if you have tickets!). I will want to see player development.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Let’s say that we continue to win all of our games by at least 40 points including ranked teams. How likely will you watch on TV? (I know you will go if you have tickets!). I will want to see player development.
I hope we have that problem. LOL. I watch every minute of every game. I love blowouts. My heart can only take so many Mizzou/Stanford games.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I would still watch for sure. But that's the one plus of not playing the gauntlet of a schedule we had last season. Instead of trying to build a bench during SEC play, we'll get the chance to give some of our younger players more opportunity to learn against real competition early.

Reactions: StormCobra

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I saw her play several volleyball matches this fall. She definitely comes across very cerebral. I could see her fitting at Stanford. Hope not, of course. Would love for her to stay home.
Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if she ends up at an Ivy league or another top tier academic school, especially if she doesn't care about NCAA titles. In the past few years players from Northwestern and Princeton have been 1st round draft picks.

Reactions: DarkCock

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
OT but I’m interested to see how Rivers plays tonight …. She didn’t make it into the starting line up which I figured but I wonder if she thought she would? 🤔

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
OT but I’m interested to see how Rivers plays tonight …. She didn’t make it into the starting line up which I figured but I wonder if she thought she would? 🤔
Me too! She left because of playing time and I think she thought she deserved more playing. But playing time is tough to come by at a top program. Will she raise her game??

Reactions: CockyGirl

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
OMG THE STUPIDITY. ACC shills at halftime of L’ville game. We have 3 post players that can guard Boston this year! SAY WHAT?? Then Va Tech has the best starting 5 in the country

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
So here's the wish list for next year....If we get Fulwiley, PG and Wing are set for years...we need Forwards and A post player...

Blanca Thomas...6'5" post, a must get!!! don't know if we're recruiting Adel Tac from Texas.
Joyce Edwards...6'2" forward, a must get!!!
Sarah Strong..6'2" forward, keep her from the Tarheels!!
Kennedy Ume..6'3"..forward

These 4 are wishes for next year's recruiting class...I don't know, maybe Dawn takes 2 Post players...

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
So here's the wish list for next year....If we get Fulwiley, PG and Wing are set for years...we need Forwards and A post player...

Blanca Thomas...6'5" post, a must get!!! don't know if we're recruiting Adel Tac from Texas.
Joyce Edwards...6'2" forward, a must get!!!
Sarah Strong..6'2" forward, keep her from the Tarheels!!
Kennedy Ume..6'3"..forward

These 4 are wishes for next year's recruiting class...I don't know, maybe Dawn takes 2 Post players...
We are recruiting Tac and she may have made an unofficial?? We are also recruiting 6’5” Kateryna Koval #17 out of NY

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
I thought I read somewhere that LA would not be available tonight but she is indeed there in the pregame warm up photos.

also In reference to above Kendall Dudley would be another nice get!

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I thought I read somewhere that LA would not be available tonight but she is indeed there in the pregame warm up photos.

also In reference to above Kendall Dudley would be another nice get!
I think she was just missing from practice a few days ago due to her recent loss in her family. Everyone is available except for Bree Hall who is ill.

Reactions: CockyGirl

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
It’s bothering me that Sania isn’t seeing more minutes :(

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
South Carolina beats East Tennessee State 101-31 to open their season. They next travel to Maryland.

Six Gamecocks finished in double digits for the game: Zia Cooke led the way with 17 pts in 19 minutes on 6-12 shooting, with 2 steals. Sania Feagin added 15 pts in 19 minutes off the bench, on 7-9 shooting, with 6 rebounds. Aliyah Boston added 11 pts on 3-5 shooting, on 20 minutes, with 11 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Victaria Saxton also added 11 pts in 16 minutes on just 1-3 shooting, but also 9-10 at the free throw line. She also had 5 boards. Kamilla Cardoso scored 11 pts as well on 5-6 shooting in 21 minutes, with 5 rebounds, 1 block and 1 steal. Freshman Ashlyn Watkins scored 11 pts too in 18 minutes, on 5-7 shooting, with 8 rebounds, 2 blocks and 1 steal.

Red-shirt Freshman PG Raven Johnson had her first game action coming back from her ACL injury that derailed her season last year. She scored 9 pts on 4-10 shooting in 17 minutes, with a team-leading 4 assists and 4 steals.

Altogether the Gamecocks totaled 9 blocks, 13 steals, 20 assists, 56 rebounds, and shot 53% from the field.....

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Overall I was really impressed last night. I know it was only ETSU but I felt like I saw some highlights and progress from all the returning players. Johnson and Fletcher exceeded my expectations considering they are still coming back from injury. Raven specifically is just special, she has the potentially to be out greatest PG ever, her speed, vision, poise and mentality seems tailored made for a Dawn Staley team.

These young players don't look like Freshmen and Sophomores, they look ahead of schedule. They seem ready when their numbers are called and make an impact. I guess we'll know for sure on Friday how they'll be against top competition.

Our front court is ridiculously talented, all of our younger frontcourt players can handle the ball well and have good instincts on how to react to the ball based on it's placement. The fact that we can play 4 posts and Brea Beal and not miss a beat shows the versatility we can play matter the size of our opponents.

I know it's only the first game, but I'm really excited for this season. The potential of this team is enormous and honestly this team looks like it could possibly have at least a 10+ point win against last year's team.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I think the Stanford game is going to be insane. They can match us in alot of ways. They have Brink (6'4/5") and the Freshman Betts (6'7") to match up with Boston and Cardossa. They have Jones going against Beal and Cooke and then throw in Belibi as a freak athlete to go with our athletes like Amihere and Saxton. I think we have depth but they are equals in alot of ways to us and I really think are the team with the best chance at beating us. I do think we throw wave after wave at them with talent but they have a really great team also.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I think the Stanford game is going to be insane. They can match us in alot of ways. They have Brink (6'4/5") and the Freshman Betts (6'7") to match up with Boston and Cardossa. They have Jones going against Beal and Cooke and then throw in Belibi as a freak athlete to go with our athletes like Amihere and Saxton. I think we have depth but they are equals in alot of ways to us and I really think are the team with the best chance at beating us. I do think we throw wave after wave at them with talent but they have a really great team also.
Ball handling was their big issue last season. I'm not sure what they did on the off season to address it. If Jones is forced to advance the ball up court, I like our chances. It takes a lot out of her. She's so good, anything that lessens her effectiveness is to our advantage.

Reactions: winloseortie

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
This might be a game where the officials decide the outcome. There's going to be a lot of banging going on. It might be about whom they decide to hobble.

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
They also have 6’5” Ashton Precthel, who has a good outside side shot and is pretty good rebounder. They are the only team in the country who can almost match our size and depth. They don’t have a point guard so Jones plays point forward. We are better BUT it’s early and it’s there, one of the handful of games where if we don’t bring our A game it could be real trouble.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I noticed Diamond Miller left the game in the 1st half last night with a knee injury. I hope she's 100% for our game. With our reduce strength of schedule, we need to the Terps' best effort.

They still won easily against George Mason, though. Concerning for them that the rebounds were even. Frese will have to be creative to offset the size disparity.

Reactions: winloseortie

cockyclt

Sep 22, 2022
I noticed Diamond Miller left the game in the 1st half last night with a knee injury. I hope she's 100% for our game. With our reduce strength of schedule, we need to the Terps' best effort.

They still won easily against George Mason, though. Concerning for them that the rebounds were even. Frese will have to be creative to offset the size disparity.
Brenda Frese said it was precautionary afterwards, so hopefully she will be 100%.

cockyclt

Sep 22, 2022
Can't spell turnover without UT.

The Vols are clearly the longer, more athletic team. Feel like they should be up by more, but they're too careless with the ball.
Wow, I thought they could be upset today (I mean it is Ohio State a ranked power 5 school) but wow I am a bit surprised how much they are losing by. We'll see if Tennessee can turn it around.

Latest posts