2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
Alisha Gray's double/double leads Atlanta Dream from 19 point deficit to victory. One of the best low-key players in the WNBA. Just like at USC, nothing flashy. Like tonight, you look up and she has 25 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal.

Rock Hill Cock

Joined Oct 29, 1998
Jan 17, 2022
Yah your game plan will be you better score 100. You act as if we don’t have by far the best coach in the country who has been around the block and knows how to bring a team together.
Dang, Bo, I'm not going to say that DS is a better coach because they're both great with different styles. But there's a fella up in Connecticut that's the best there's ever been. But I do agree, your coach looks like she's been around the block many, many times.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Norfolk State.......why??
She said she wasn't happy at NC State. if coach Stringer didn't retire from Rutgers I think she would have thrived there. She sounds excited about the move, I don't think Wes Moore was the coach for her.

Norfolk State played us tough at the tournament and getting a player like Diamond could see them shake things up a bit.

On a side note with Diamond deciding her new location, I definitely think our roster is finalized.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
She said she wasn't happy at NC State. if coach Stringer didn't retire from Rutgers I think she would have thrived there. She sounds excited about the move, I don't think Wes Moore was the coach for her.

Norfolk State played us tough at the tournament and getting a player like Diamond could see them shake things up a bit.

On a side note with Diamond deciding her new location, I definitely think our roster is finalized.
Is that good?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
So George Washington University has decided to change their nickname/mascot from the Colonials to “The Revolutionaries”.

Personally I like it! Less stodgy, more edgy and Patriotic! Plus OMG the musical possibilities

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022
Dang, Bo, I'm not going to say that DS is a better coach because they're both great with different styles. But there's a fella up in Connecticut that's the best there's ever been. But I do agree, your coach looks like she's been around the block many, many times.
Yes, but Dawn has beaten that coach up there is Conneticut 4 out of their last 5 games they have played, and she is not scared to play them in the regular season as she has do for the past decade, unlike some coaches who avoid the big time matchup unless they are sure their team is loaded. I think that may be what you needed to say.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Ha! Sorry for the double post … I’m guessing Tenn as well since it was her last visit. You can’t really tell anything from her social media although she last followed Banghardt.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamekem

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
Ha! Sorry for the double post … I’m guessing Tenn as well since it was her last visit. You can’t really tell anything from her social media although she last followed Banghardt.
I’ll also add she unofficially and officially visited Tenn (her only official). So that would definitely be my guess.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
I'm guessing UT as well. She's a better fit for UT. Koval will more than likely end up at UCONN....

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Her Dad works in Charleston SC and she follows a bunch of our players. I have no basis in fact really other than that. I’m betting she wants to come here.

Reactions: Sis_aac9

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
What has always amazed me is a guard being able to coach tall forwards and centers. A general comment for any coach. I guess it gets down to learning the coaching craft.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Captain obvious but have to think UCLA is in the drivers seat. Unless Lauren has a bad experience.
Definitely think the west coast schools are the favorites but perhaps she doesn't want to play with or be in the shadow of her sister. Also interesting that Colorado wasn't on the radar for either sister.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
You know I go weird sometimes on stats, so let’s look at portal transfers and the SEC. If you want to do your own research

209 players transferred out of P5 schools this past portal period. Only 90 found a place at another P5 school. 84 went down a level and 35 didn’t find a place to land yet.

41 players transferred out of the SEC
16 went to another P5 school
24 went down a level
1 looking

30 players transferred into the SEC
21 from another P5 school
9 moved up a level to SEC

What does mean?? Well, overall the league got stronger with better talent replacing the players leaving. 10 of the ESPN top 35 transfers came into the SEC from another conference. Another 4 transferred within the conference. ONLY ONE left the conference, Jada Walker went to Baylor from UK.

We are also seeing an emptying of rosters. Only A&M and Auburn have full rosters. With 15 scholarships allowed and 14 teams that comes to 210 scholarships league wide. Right now there are 36 open scholarships in the league. That is 17% of available roster slots empty. It works out to 12.5 players per team.

I theorize coaches are holding down roster size to
1. Enhance retention of recruited talent. To be able give playing time so your bench doesn’t leave.
2. To leave space, because you never know who might be looking around.
3. Related to #2 it is safer/easier for a P5 school to take a developed medium talent from a lower college than risk the scholarship on an iffy HS prospect.

Lastly roster breakdown. Of the 174 players in the league 65%(113)signed with their school directly out of HS or JUCO, 35%(61)arrived via the portal.
Bama 8 portal players, OM 7, UT, Miss st, A&M 6

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I got scared for a second when I saw this graphic.

I posted this in 2017 but it’s worth repeating….

Law was recruited by Vivian Stringer at Iowa

Law grew up in South Carolina. She was recruited by C. Vivian Stringer, then head coach at Iowa. Law visited the campus on a day when the mercury dropped to twenty degrees below zero, and Coach Stringer thought she had little chance to get her to commit. Law was still interested, but Stringer had another roadblock—Law's father, who didn't want his daughter going so far away. Stringer explained that he would be able to listen to games on the radio, as the games were broadcast on station WHO. Stringer had heard that the reach of the station was national, but she had never tried it. Jolette's father, Joe, put her to the test. He handed her an old radio and told her to find the station. Stringer tried to find the station, fiddling with the dial and the antenna, but came up empty. She then asked Joe for a coat hanger, to rig up a better antenna. He responded, "Oh, I'll get you anything you want. But unless you get that station on the radio, I'm not letting Jolette go out there." Stringer kept fiddling with the radio and suddenly they heard Larry Cutler announcing the station call sign and adding "home of the Hawkeyes". Jolette went to Iowa.[2]

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
does anyone know the date(s) when the incoming class (frosh & transfers) reports to campus to start off-season summer workouts?

Reactions: winloseortie

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I posted this in 2017 but it’s worth repeating….

Law was recruited by Vivian Stringer at Iowa

Law grew up in South Carolina. She was recruited by C. Vivian Stringer, then head coach at Iowa. Law visited the campus on a day when the mercury dropped to twenty degrees below zero, and Coach Stringer thought she had little chance to get her to commit. Law was still interested, but Stringer had another roadblock—Law's father, who didn't want his daughter going so far away. Stringer explained that he would be able to listen to games on the radio, as the games were broadcast on station WHO. Stringer had heard that the reach of the station was national, but she had never tried it. Jolette's father, Joe, put her to the test. He handed her an old radio and told her to find the station. Stringer tried to find the station, fiddling with the dial and the antenna, but came up empty. She then asked Joe for a coat hanger, to rig up a better antenna. He responded, "Oh, I'll get you anything you want. But unless you get that station on the radio, I'm not letting Jolette go out there." Stringer kept fiddling with the radio and suddenly they heard Larry Cutler announcing the station call sign and adding "home of the Hawkeyes". Jolette went to Iowa.[2]
Yep, I've picked up WHO 1040KHz from Des Moines at night over the years. Can't pick it up in GA or SC during the day.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Not sure how to answer, however, summer school runs June 19- July 27. My guess is freshman will report for this
great and thanks for that info - ready and interested to hear/see how they are acclimating to the program prior to the fall practice season. excited about all but I'm sure most will be interested primarily about one in particular

CockyGirl

Jan 31, 2022
I've been wondering to as I saw the Uconn girls are back on campus today but they may be playing sooner than our girls.

Latest posts