2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

DenhamTiger90

Jan 19, 2022
Umm Angel Reese is ball dominant. She ranked 11th in the country in shot attempts. HVL ranked 6th in shot attempts. Morrow ranked 1st. Morrow had almost as many shot attempts as Cooke and Boston combined.
You got wonderful scorers, can they live together?

Reese and Morrow play the same position. Y’all are going to have a lot of individual adjustments on O. It will probably work itself out but it’s not guaranteed.

You have real question marks at PG, HVL is not a PG. Throughout her career she has more TOs than assists. Personally I’m not impressed with Velez and she is a true freshman. Poole is slow and doesn’t have great handle. She will have great difficulty against USC, OM, UT, UGA, and A&M

With all those questions y’all will still be preseason #1 nationally and in the conference. Deservedly so. What I am saying is it’s going to be a lot harder than you think. I wear garnet colored glasses and am well aware of issues the Gamecocks have, but I see a game plan to beat LSU and it looks very doable even with the game at the PMac
Yah your game plan will be you better score 100. You act as if we don’t have by far the best coach in the country who has been around the block and knows how to bring a team together.

Reactions: Sis_aac9

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Seriously, you OK?
One of the dangers of asking questions on this thread is that the OCD types here🙋‍♂️will generally give you detailed answers that contain more info than you want.
I'm perfectly okay. I was confronted about the brevity of my answer. I explained it.

Reactions: winloseortie

DenhamTiger90

Jan 19, 2022
And In one sentence you reveal a total lack of understanding as to why Mulkey has lost 3 in a row to DS. Why LSU has lost 14 in a row to the Gamecocks. You don’t beat Mulkey/LSU by scheming to out score them. You beat them with defense and rebounding
We were a terrible matchup for USCe last year. I was openly saying going into final 4 I thought we could win it all if Iowa beat y’all. We matched up well with them but horrible with y’all. But next year we are a MUCH better shooting team and your size won’t be nearly as damaging as it was last year for us where we were very streaky shooting and relied on paint points

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
Yah your game plan will be you better score 100. You act as if we don’t have by far the best coach in the country who has been around the block and knows how to bring a team together.
What's up with all the arrogance on a visitor's message board? A portion of your fanbase thinks SC is their only threat. Better be checking on the other teams in the SEC. Several of them will be much much better. But go ahead and obsess about Dawn and the Gamecocks. A humbling might be coming your way. Hopefully several.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
What's up with all the arrogance on a visitor's message board? A portion of your fanbase thinks SC is their only threat. Better be checking on the other teams in the SEC. Several of them will be much much better. But go ahead and obsess about Dawn and the Gamecocks. A humbling might be coming your way. Hopefully several.
One of LSU's main problems is internal - there is only one basketball to go around!

DenhamTiger90

Jan 19, 2022
One of LSU's main problems is internal - there is only one basketball to go around!
I truly don’t understand why y’all keep saying dumb stuff like this but in your next breath will say y’all have the most McDonald’s all Americans and so deep in talent etc etc. it’s almost like talented teams all have to learn how to balance things like this.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I truly don’t understand why y’all keep saying dumb stuff like this but in your next breath will say y’all have the most McDonald’s all Americans and so deep in talent etc etc. it’s almost like talented teams all have to learn how to balance things like this.
But it’s proven culture here. You got three players who have never really had to share their whole HS or college career thrown together. It may work out seamlessly for y’all, it may have a few bumps, it may implode.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I read a tweet from someone who seems knowledgeable that Saxton will eventually be waived when an overseas player joins the team whom the Fever are waiting on. He also predicted Taylor Mikesell wouldn't make the team and she was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Tough league.

Looks like whoever tweet you saw was correct. Unless something happens in the next few hours Saxton will have made the opening day roster and Mikesell was waived yesterday.

DenhamTiger90

Jan 19, 2022
But it’s proven culture here. You got three players who have never really had to share their whole HS or college career thrown together. It may work out seamlessly for y’all, it may have a few bumps, it may implode.
Y’all have a ton of new players or players who got minimal minutes last year. Only difference is we have more top tier talent

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I wonder what's going on with Diamond Johnson. Considering both Destanni Henderson and Alexis Morris didn't make a WNBA roster, the odds are stacked against Diamond in the WNBA due to her size, unfortunately. Seems like it would be a wise move to go play her final year at a place where she could get paid. But I haven't heard about her taking any visits. Very odd because she could probably start for 90+% of the teams in wbb.

Reactions: Sis_aac9

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I wonder what's going on with Diamond Johnson. Considering both Destanni Henderson and Alexis Morris didn't make a WNBA roster, the odds are stacked against Diamond in the WNBA due to her size, unfortunately. Seems like it would be a wise move to go play her final year at a place where she could get paid. But I haven't heard about her taking any visits. Very odd because she could probably start for 90+% of the teams in wbb.
I believe she has to graduate to play next season. Maybe there is an issue with that🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

other than that I got nothing

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Slightly fixated. This is what LSU fans don’t get for next season. How disciplined and sacrifice for the team our culture is. Boston, Cooke, A’ja, hell even Saxton are so pro ready after here.

How really good Hall, Feagin, Cardoso and Watkins are but have played for the team.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Would it make sense to start a WNBA thread to keep our current players and team separate from former players and their teams??
Yes, that way people on the other thread wouldn't have to bother with me.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I guess it's a Virgin Islands thing.

Lord, that lane is only slightly less crowded than the lane Aliyah faced here. And those two defenders are pros.

Boston1.JPG

The Fever cut Mikesell and Destanni who could shoot the 3 and barely play Lexi Hull. I guess part of Aliyah's value is her ability to contend with a congested paint. I can't remember her once being fazed by contact (yes, she might have complained to the ref about wanting a foul, but no opposing player ever got under her skin). The plan appears to be for the Fever to be defensive-oriented until they can upgrade their roster with better two-way players.

Reactions: Gamekem