2023-24 Portal Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this to discuss non-PSU players and PSU players that enter the portal, and any non-PSU players that perhaps PSU should be targeting in the portal.

A reminder that the portal rules have changed a bit. The portal window opens on Dec. 4, 2023, and it closes on Jan. 2, 2024.

Several players have already entered the portal, so it seems as though it's time to start up this thread.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I heard Indiana has 15 kids entering since Tom Allen got fired. MSU has 6 including two young QBs.

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
PA's own Will Howard (Downingtown West) ... Rumor is Will Howard is (KSU) is entering the portal. Does anyone know much about him? Is he any good. Our starter entered the portal, so I am guessing that he (Howard) might get a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Kaliakmanas is portalling? Why? Where is he going to go where he will be a named starter?

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Rumor is Will Howard is (KSU) is entering the portal. Does anyone know much about him? Is he any good. Our starter entered the portal, so I am guessing that he (Howard) might get a look.
Pro style QB who did well as part time starter @ KSU. I believe he is better than the kid who is pirtalling out of Minny.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I don't think we have much of a need at RB, but I always take notice when a guy that played HS ball in PA enters the portal.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Portal gonna get nutty once all players are able to enter (think only players who lost coaches can do so now). Is that Dec. 9th?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Portal gonna get nutty once all players are able to enter (think only players who lost coaches can do so now). Is that Dec. 9th?
Dang, I forgot that part. No way I’m going to be able to track all this information, it’s a fool’s errand.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Graduate students can enter at any time.

Athletes are allowed to announce their intention to enter the portal in advance of the transfer window, which is what virtually all the announcements are at this time.

Each sport has a transfer window. For football, the 1st day they can officially enter the portal (transfer window) is 12/4. The final day of the window is 1/2/24.

The mechanism is:
- once the portal opens (12/4), the athlete must provide their current school with a written request to enter the NCAA Transfer Portal
- the athlete has to be academically eligible
- they can not have previously transferred from another four-years institution

Also, there is not supposed to be any communication between an athlete and another school's athletic staff prior to the athlete entering the portal. If an athlete does eventually transfer, both they and the new school's head coach must certify in writing that neither direct nor indirect communication took place between the athlete and the new school's athletic staff prior to the athlete entering the portal.

Latest posts