2023-24 Portal Thread

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Oh, I imagine he did and it was better than PSU's.
South Florida kid who played at st. Thomas HS. He knows how to play the recruiting game, it never stops. Probably a Diaz casualty combined with the last 20+ years of Alabama being the top spot in the college game. Not so sure that is still the case, but old perceptions die hard.

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
I’m sure he had no contact or NIL offer from Bama before he entered portal. 🙄
He also may have initiated it himself just to see what’s out there for him in NIL before entering the portal. College football is a Lawless Frontier and a free agent paradise. There’s really no penalty for the athlete or school. I would imagine there’s a great many players doing some preliminary investigation first. A coveted kid would be foolish to just enter the portal without at least one guaranteed landing spot. For the not so talented it’s a cruel World.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
He also may have initiated it himself just to see what’s out there for him in NIL before entering the portal. College football is a Lawless Frontier and a free agent paradise. There’s really no penalty for the athlete or school. I would imagine there’s a great many players doing some preliminary investigation first. A coveted kid would be foolish to just enter the portal without at least one guaranteed landing spot. For the not so talented it’s a cruel World.
Yup. I think players can reach out at any time. Even if they are not supposed to, not like you can check their phones for texts, etc.

There will be about 10-15 schools that are going to pull even further away from others. Penn State is not in that top 10. Maybe it can somehow remain in that 11-15 category. Going to be tough though to be in that with NIL that personally I don’t see any way we keep up. Hope I’m wrong, but…