2023-24 Sixers Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Sixers played great but the results last night sucked. Heat AND Pacers winning last night didn’t help at all. Really thought the Pacers were gonna lose to OKC but they continued their slide on their east coast trip.

Not sure if the Sixers can get that 6 spot now. That OKC win for the Pacers was huge. They own the tie breaker so technically they are 2 games up with 4 to go (with their next game vs the Heat which is a no win for the Sixers unless they go 17 OT’s and call the game a tie). Not great odds for our Sixers. I guess I gotta root for the Pacers tomorrow and hope the Sixers can get the 7 seed and get a home playin game. I’m strapping in for a playin game and we all know how “win or go home” games for this team end up!

Yeah, the Heat and the Pacers winning did not help.

The Sixers remaining games are against (records as of Friday):

- Spurs (18-58)
- Pistons (13-63)
- Magic (45-31)
- Nets (30-47)

The Spurs game is the back end of a back-to-back, so JoJo may not play against them. Even without him in that game, the Sixers should be favored in each contest.

Indy's remaining games (records as of Friday):

- Heat (42-34)
- Raptors (23-53)
- Cavaliers (46-31)
- Hawks (36-41)

I really thought they would lose to the Thunder (52-24) tonight. Their remaining games against the Heat and Cavs should be tough, but I don't see them falling out of the 6 spot.

Miami's remaining games (records as of Friday):

- Pacers (43-34)
- Hawks (36-41)
- Mavericks (46-30)
- Raptors (25-53)
- Raptors (25-53)

If the Head fall to the Pacers and to the Mavs, the Sixers would get the 7 spot.

Strap in

Last edited:
Reactions: jmorovich

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021

This scared the **** out of me last night. He goes on to have a great game but it’s not like that hasn’t happened before and then there’s a medical report the next day that he was playing on a damaged knee. I won’t be comfortable about his health until he retires!!

Now if only I can get the Heat to lose a game or two that would be nice. If I gotta watch a playin game at least let it be in Philly and not on a court with HEAT CULTURE splattered around. 🤮

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Weird stat from yesterday’s Boston-Milwaukee game. Total free throws attempted: 2. Total free throws made: 1.

• Wow

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
@Tom McAndrew I was scoreboard watching all day. Even when Glen Rivers isn’t the coach of the Sixers he still lets them down in the playoffs. I want the Bucks SO EFFING BAD in the second round. I want them to go up 3-1 on the Sixers and then totally implode and lose 4-3. Would be the greatest NBA story ever written!!

I guess bring on “HEAT CULTURE!”

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Sixers breaking out the 2023 version of themselves where they can’t figure out what a zone is and turning the ball over 47 times in a quarter.

Not good a great first quarter.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
This team knows how to $H1T the bed in spectacular fashion. I’m out!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This team knows how to $H1T the bed in spectacular fashion. I’m out!

And thus you missed a great 2nd half by the Sixers. You've watched enough BB to know that the 1st half is rarely determinative as to which team will win the game, especially in the NBA.

You watched the 1st half, and the Sixers stunk. I watched the Phillies game, and didn't switch to the Sixers till the middle of the 3rd qtr. You may be flirting with once again being banned from watching the TV broadcasts of Sixers' games. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Final: 105-104, Sixers

• Haha
Reactions: jmorovich

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
BTW, who woke up today and decided that Nicolas Batum would be the star of the game for the Sixers?

Last edited:
Reactions: WestSideLion

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I’d like to thank the academy for my “Mush of the Year” award!

I didn’t watch the second half, which lead the team to victory.

I demand a ring when this all goes as according the plan!

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2021
They have a real shot this year. Maxey is ready. They have an actual very hood coach. Embiid is rested and ready. And they have other players who the coach knows how to use.

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2021
Oh yeah, due to the ridiculous lack of “reseeding” in the nba playoff, getting the Knick and maybe then the bucks before the conf finals presumably against the celts is a plus.

did I hear right the Sixers have even been in the conference finals once in about 40 years?

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
They have a real shot this year. Maxey is ready. They have an actual very hood coach. Embiid is rested and ready. And they have other players who the coach knows how to use.
The Sixers have no shot at anything meaningful until Embiid is off the team. The guy is a poser, not a winner.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Kate and Allah are calling the game. Automatic W. Write it down. I don’t even need to watch the game. Or…what I mean is, maybe I SHOULDN’T watch the game.

• Haha

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
I just text my buddy and said “I’m gonna watch the Phil’s. Not liking this Sixers game.” His response:

“The Phils are killing it! If anything goes wrong and they lose it will be your fault!!”

My reputation precedes me. I’m not wanted anywhere sports are watched at this point.

• Haha

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Man, it shouldn’t be that difficult to foul someone. SMH.

Some really great shooting at the end by both teams, wow.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Man, it shouldn’t be that difficult to foul someone. SMH.

Some really great shooting at the end by both teams, wow.
I really don’t know how to feel about this game. Hart averages 9pts a game and had 22 and McBride averages 8 and had 21. Knicks killed the Sixers on the offensive glass and they still only won by 7. Wouldn’t be shocked if Joel doesn’t play Monday. That seems the be the case sometimes, comes back and plays in the game but is really hurt and sits next game. 7 points from the Sixers Bench is atrocious.

Again, all that and only lost by 7. Could be an interesting series.

And can we talk about Buddy Hield and his inability to fit on a team with 2 players in Maxey and Embiid that draw so much gravity??