2023-24 Sixers Thread

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I really don’t know how to feel about this game. Hart averages 9pts a game and had 22 and McBride averages 8 and had 21. Knicks killed the Sixers on the offensive glass and they still only won by 7. Wouldn’t be shocked if Joel doesn’t play Monday. That seems the be the case sometimes, comes back and plays in the game but is really hurt and sits next game. 7 points from the Sixers Bench is atrocious.

Again, all that and only lost by 7. Could be an interesting series.

And can we talk about Buddy Hield and his inability to fit on a team with 2 players in Maxey and Embiid that draw so much gravity??
Brunson had a very subpar game, shot 8-for-25.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Brunson had a very subpar game, shot 8-for-25.
Yes he did but they showed a stat that Brunson has struggled against the Sixers. I think they have enough length to limit him. Especially if the Refs continue to limit the foul grifting. He’s one of the best at it with his herky jerky play. They have to clean up the rebounding and pray the Knick's role players don’t double their average!

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
I really don’t know how to feel about this game. Hart averages 9pts a game and had 22 and McBride averages 8 and had 21. Knicks killed the Sixers on the offensive glass and they still only won by 7. Wouldn’t be shocked if Joel doesn’t play Monday. That seems the be the case sometimes, comes back and plays in the game but is really hurt and sits next game. 7 points from the Sixers Bench is atrocious.

Again, all that and only lost by 7. Could be an interesting series.

And can we talk about Buddy Hield and his inability to fit on a team with 2 players in Maxey and Embiid that draw so much gravity??
Sixers “only” lost by 7. What happens when Brunson and DiVincenzo go off? Maxey had a great game, what happens when Thibodeau plans a better defense against him? Embiid’s injury woes will be the a problem going forward. It was the first time he attempted a dunk post surgery and he collapsed and wasn’t right the rest of the game. Oh yeah, plus the Knicks are still missing all star Julius Randle. Will be a good series.

Last edited:

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Sixers “only” lost by 7. What happens when Brunson and DiVincenzo go off? Maxey had a great game, what happens when Thibodeau plans a better defense against him? Embiid’s injury woes will be the a problem going forward. It was the first time he attempted a dunk post surgery and he collapsed and wasn’t right the rest of the game. Oh yeah, plus the Knicks are still missing all star Julius Randle. Will be a good series.
Well I guess the Sixers should just forfeit the rest of the games.

NewEra 2014

Oct 12, 2021
Well I guess the Sixers should just forfeit the rest of the games.
They really should get whatever they can for Embiid and move on. The Sixers won’t win anything meaningful as long as they are trying to rely on him. Even if Embiid is ever healthy in the future, he will shrink in big moments.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
They really should get whatever they can for Embiid and move on. The Sixers won’t win anything meaningful as long as they are trying to rely on him. Even if Embiid is ever healthy in the future, he will shrink in big moments.
It’s getting closer to that. You figure they get out from under Tobias and have money to go star hunting and put a third player with their big 2 or build a deep squad while just relying on Joel/Maxey. Next year I think is it given that Embiid is only going to decline and that he has an old body with wear and tear even with the time missed.

i listened to an interesting discussion where they said that the doughy body types of Joker and Luca translate into longer careers given that they play below the rim. Embiid is somewhat in that mold given how he likes to roam the perimeter but he does play with a bit more vertical than those 2.

i think 2 years out is a logical window.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Well that sucked. I thought Maxey was fouled in the last 20 sec, but not call, and a turnover that lead to a Knicks 3.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Maxey and Embiid are both on the court tonight.
Didn’t matter Knicks prevail in the end.
New York Basketball GIF by Sidetalk

Reactions: Knickslions69

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Thankfully I can’t take the hit for this one. Didn’t watch a minute of it. Was stuck at work until 9:30. The Knicks did what they were supposed to. Won 2 games at home as a favored well rested team. Now it’s on to Philly. Role players always play better at home.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Boy, that last NYK offensive rebound, brutal. Hard loss for Sixers fans. (Me: I’m a Tyrese Maxey superfan.)

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Pretty sure anyone with eyes already knew this (except the refs). Sad that you can point to one play that could alter a series and it wasn’t a player that did it.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I was pooped, went to bed. Haven’t decided to delete the TiVo or watch the last 5 mins. 94 am morning show Joe D was HOT this morning

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Pretty sure anyone with eyes already knew this (except the refs). Sad that you can point to one play that could alter a series and it wasn’t a player that did it.

How about grab a rebound? How about make two foul shots? How about call timeout right after Brunson’s 3 pointer instead of trying to get the ball in? How about making your layup instead of getting it blocked? How about Embiid hitting the last shot? Wow what a narrative! Brunson was held all night coming up the court and no fouls so guess what, the refs were consistent!

Reactions: Knickslions69

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Embiid better watch his knees. If that was Draymond Green, he would have been booted out of the playoffs. A dangerous, dirty play that was not necessary at all. Plus kneeing Hartenstein in the seeds. What a chump.

jmorovich

Oct 28, 2021
Embiid better watch his knees. If that was Draymond Green, he would have been booted out of the playoffs. A dangerous, dirty play that was not necessary at all. Plus kneeing Hartenstein in the seeds. What a chump.

Seems I’ve seen this “dangerous dirty play” before. By the same Knick claiming it was “a dirty play”.

Reactions: jp3272

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Sixers lose. Maxey had an open three late he needed to make, didn’t. Both teams got cold the last five minutes, rotten shooting. Maxey, you need to make that three. Wow, a hard loss.

Latest posts