2023 Eagles Thread

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
So, the nfl "insiders" took down that tweet. It appears as if the Texans upped their offer and Saqon is between the Eagles and Texans.

yeah as soon as i posted it, I saw that your twatter post couldn't be found. figured that's what happened....

oh the joys of the free agency rollercoaster...

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

I hope this works out, but even as a PSU fan this does not excite me. I tihnk 4-5-6 guys work out better than someone trying for the homerun. IMO more of a headline to take some heat off Howie. They really need to fix the D

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I hope this works out, but even as a PSU fan this does not excite me. I tihnk 4-5-6 guys work out better than someone trying for the homerun. IMO more of a headline to take some heat off Howie. They really need to fix the D
Saquon adds a dynamic that Swift or a committee doesn’t. The Eagles have home run hitters at every skill position on offense. How does a D scheme against them and a mobile Hurts? If Saquon is healthy - that’s the gamble - then this is a top offense next season.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

I disagree. As long as Saquon stays healthy, I think this is a great signing.

Yes, 4-5-6 guys can work out well. But the Birds have enough talent in most positions to compete for the Super Bowl. They just needed to fix a few positions, and while doing so try to get Hurts back to what he was a year ago. They're still working on the other positions, but I think the Saquon signing will go a long way toward helping Hurts.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
If they have an offense that can score a crap ton of points than D not that important. 😂 :cool: 🤷‍♂️

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
I disagree. As long as Saquon stays healthy, I think this is a great signing.

Yes, 4-5-6 guys can work out well. But the Birds have enough talent in most positions to compete for the Super Bowl. They just needed to fix a few positions, and while doing so try to get Hurts back to what he was a year ago. They're still working on the other positions, but I think the Saquon signing will go a long way toward helping Hurts.

I agree Tom as well. This is an excellent signing for the Eagles and will take some pressure off Hurts. Now they need to sign a stud middle LB then draft outside LBs.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Saquon adds a dynamic that Swift or a committee doesn’t. The Eagles have home run hitters at every skill position on offense. How does a D scheme against them and a mobile Hurts? If Saquon is healthy - that’s the gamble - then this is a top offense next season.
I hope you guys are correct!! OTOH if they dont ( and I want the Iggles to win as much as anybody) Idont want to hear , 'why didnt you say that when they signed him'. Yes I am having it both ways!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I hope you guys are correct!! OTOH if they dont ( and I want the Iggles to win as much as anybody) Idont want to hear , 'why didnt you say that when they signed him'. Yes I am having it both ways!

@s1uggo72 -- you're good. These things (drafts, FA signings, not resigning players, etc.) are always a crap shoot. I liked Swift a lot, and feel the Birds could have had him for less than they had to pay Saquon. I think Saquon is the more complete back, though his injury history in the NFL does concern me. Here's hoping it's more a function of Saquon running behind a bunch of turnstiles than his body breaking down.

Birds' fans are allowed to have it both ways, especially on days like this. ;)

Reactions: s1uggo72 and Bwifan

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
@s1uggo72 -- you're good. These things (drafts, FA signings, not resigning players, etc.) are always a crap shoot. I liked Swift a lot, and feel the Birds could have had him for less than they had to pay Saquon. I think Saquon is the more complete back, though his injury history in the NFL does concern me. Here's hoping it's more a function of Saquon running behind a bunch of turnstiles than his body breaking down.

Birds' fans are allowed to have it both ways, especially on days like this. ;)
We also have to take the giants schit field into consideration when talking about saquans durability

Reactions: TheBigUglies

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
alas, I've got to depart for the next several hours. Here's hoping there's more good news in this thread when I return.

Go Birds!

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
Holy shiat. Saquon to the Birds is a big deal. This makes it hard for me to root against the Birds, even when they are playing my Niners. Saquon is absolutely my favorite player. Even more than George Kittle.

Saquon is gonna put up big numbers next season playing behind that Eagles offensive line.

Last edited:

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Holy shiat. Saquon to the Birds is a big deal. This makes it hard for me to root against the Birds, even when they are playing my Niners. Saquon is absolutely my favorite player. Even more than George Kittle.

Saquon is gonna put up big numbers next season playing behind that Eagles offensive line.
I think Saquon will have a CMC type impact in Philly. He just has to stay healthy.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
I think Saquon will have a CMC type impact in Philly. He just has to stay healthy.
I think he could be better than CMC playing behind a good offensive line. This signing could be ginormous for the Eagles. So glad to see Saquon playing for them.

The sales figures for Saquon Eagles jerseys are gonna be CRAZY big. I'm wondering if someone on the Eagles already has #26.

Last edited:
Reactions: WestSideLion

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
I think he could be better than CMC playing behind a good offensive line. This signing could be ginormous for the Eagles. So glad to see Saquon playing for them.

The sales figures for Saquon Eagles jerseys are gonna be CRAZY big. I'm wondering if someone on the Eagles already has #26.
Currently #26 is open for grabs I believe. Eagles roster isn't showing anyone with that number.

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
So much for Eliot Shorr-Parks' sources. I try to always remember to temper my reaction when Eliot reports something as in the works, as he has a tendency to get ahead of things. Alas, in the euphoria of today, and knowing how good a safety McKinney is, I fell back into the trap of trusting Eliot.

Last edited: