2023 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'd sign my own first in a boy named Sue, and Jack Driscoll, why sign someone who missed entire year with a knee and you really dont know much about.

With Kelce retiring, I'm not opposed to getting some additional options for the IOL. Driscoll is more of an OT. Jurgens did OK, but he did get overpowered at times. As such, I have some concerns with his move to C. Opeta is unlikely to get starter pay from any team, so he may well resign with the Birds. Steen showed some promise last season in his limited snaps, but he didn't have a lot of IOL experience in college, so he remains a question mark.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

I'm curious what the Birds will do for QB #2. They seem to like Tanner McKee, but I believe this past season was his rookie year. So you wonder if he's ready to be a dependable backup. There was some speculation (fans, sports talk, etc.) about bringing back Gardner Minshew, but I believe he's reached agreement with the Raiders.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
With Kelce retiring, I'm not opposed to getting some additional options for the IOL. Driscoll is more of an OT. Jurgens did OK, but he did get overpowered at times. As such, I have some concerns with his move to C. Opeta is unlikely to get starter pay from any team, so he may well resign with the Birds. Steen showed some promise last season in his limited snaps, but he didn't have a lot of IOL experience in college, so he remains a question mark.

I think giving Jurgens a full offseason to prep at Center is important. Who knows how he'll perform next year. Recall that Kelce got off to a rocky start as a pro. It's unfair to expect Jurgens to be the second coming immediately.

I expect at least 2 draft picks on the IOL.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I'm curious what the Birds will do for QB #2. They seem to like Tanner McKee, but I believe this past season was his rookie year. So you wonder if he's ready to be a dependable backup. There was some speculation (fans, sports talk, etc.) about bringing back Gardner Minshew, but I believe he's reached agreement with the Raiders.
I believe Carson Wentz is available

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021

I expect Steen to get a heavy dose of Stout University at RG. Not sure if Opeta at center is an option. He played mostly OG in college and NFL.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I expect Steen to get a heavy dose of Stout University at RG. Not sure if Opeta at center is an option. He played mostly OG in college and NFL.
Steen is not close to being ready. I’d move Driscoll to OG , which he has played before pretty well and let the best person win ( Skeen v Jack) I’d also see if Big V and pass a physical and see if he’d take veteran min and put him at RG

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Steen is not close to being ready. I’d move Driscoll to OG , which he has played before pretty well and let the best person win ( Skeen v Jack) I’d also see if Big V and pass a physical and see if he’d take veteran min and put him at RG
I think the odds of them drafting a guard are near 100%. I can see a tackle or safety at #22 and a guard with one of their round 2 picks.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
If he stays healthy, this will be a good signing. I would have preferred McKinney, but CJGJ is a good safety

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I think the odds of them drafting a guard are near 100%. I can see a tackle or safety at #22 and a guard with one of their round 2 picks.

You're not specifying that they'll draft a guard with their 1st pick; just that they'll draft a guard.

I thought it would be fun to look at things from the perspective of the 1st round pick. I guess it's a combination of who else they sign in the FA period, and what's available at #22.

In terms of OG, I think it also is dependent upon what they think of Steen. The last OG they drafted in the 1st round was in 2011, when the selected Danny Watkins. smh

I think you could make a case for them drafting a CB with their #1 pick. The last CB they drafted in the 1st round was Lito Sheppard, in 2002.

At some point in the coming years, they are going to need to draft an OT to replace Lane Johnson. Will this year be the year? I tend to doubt it, but I don't know what Lane is telling them, nor do I know how they grade him.

The Birds need help at LB. And if looking at history, they haven't drafted a LBer in the 1st round since 1979, when they selected Jerry Robinson. I'd be kind of stunned if they picked a LBer this year, as they just don't seem to value the position that highly, but who knows.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
You're not specifying that they'll draft a guard with their 1st pick; just that they'll draft a guard.

I thought it would be fun to look at things from the perspective of the 1st round pick. I guess it's a combination of who else they sign in the FA period, and what's available at #22.

In terms of OG, I think it also is dependent upon what they think of Steen. The last OG they drafted in the 1st round was in 2011, when the selected Danny Watkins. smh

I think you could make a case for them drafting a CB with their #1 pick. The last CB they drafted in the 1st round was Lito Sheppard, in 2002.

At some point in the coming years, they are going to need to draft an OT to replace Lane Johnson. Will this year be the year? I tend to doubt it, but I don't know what Lane is telling them, nor do I know how they grade him.

The Birds need help at LB. And if looking at history, they haven't drafted a LBer in the 1st round since 1979, when they selected Jerry Robinson. I'd be kind of stunned if they picked a LBer this year, as they just don't seem to value the position that highly, but who knows.
I think drafting a guard in round 1 is generally poor form. CB is a good bet at 22, as is tackle. I could see a LB too.

My guesses in the first 3 rounds: (no order)
CB
OT
OG
LB
TE

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

nittanyfan333

Oct 6, 2021
Solid mock draft. I’ll never fault them for going OT in round 1. My concern is being at 22. Those guys usually have holes in their game ala Dillard.

so I was listening to Sileo and he had on someone (can't remember who) and they were talking draft. With the dearth of QB, WR, DE and DBs this draft, he can see some legit OLs dropping because of runs on QB, WR, DE, DB. i've seen an additional mock with S at 22 and 50 (kids from minnesota and georgia) followed by that Kinglsey Suamataia from BYU at 53. OF NOTE, this was of course before they got CJGJ back...

I can't wait till the draft, so we don't have to play these make-believe games.... but it sure is fun

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
so I was listening to Sileo and he had on someone (can't remember who) and they were talking draft. With the dearth of QB, WR, DE and DBs this draft, he can see some legit OLs dropping because of runs on QB, WR, DE, DB. i've seen an additional mock with S at 22 and 50 (kids from minnesota and georgia) followed by that Kinglsey Suamataia from BYU at 53. OF NOTE, this was of course before they got CJGJ back...

I can't wait till the draft, so we don't have to play these make-believe games.... but it sure is fun
I cant wait for the draft either as I will be on vacation!! BTW quit listening to Sileo, he's an idiot.

Latest posts