2023 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Tom, do you think Franklin's remark was unintentional? That's my thought. He may not be aware of the rules.

I'm really not sure what the story is.

CJF may have combined some things in his answer at the PC. It's possible that he was just repeating what Barkley told him. It's also possible that the Birds (perhaps Howie; perhaps someone else) contacted CJF, and he (CJF) also spoke with Barkley, and CJF kind of merged things together.

During the legal tampering period, teams are not allowed to have direct contact with players that are on the roster of other teams. Every year, there are reports of violations of this, and if the NFL investigations find such reports to be credible, then the respective team(s) are penalized.

I'm sure the Birds and Barkley knew the rules. I suspect that CJF knew the rules, but it's possible that he did not.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Tom, do you think Franklin's remark was unintentional? That's my thought. He may not be aware of the rules.
Either way, he just needs to keep his mouth shut. There was no functional value to that comment besides trying to make everyone think he was more closely involved in the move than he likely was.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Either way, he just needs to keep his mouth shut. There was no functional value to that comment besides trying to make everyone think he was more closely involved in the move than he likely was.
That certainly sounds like something Franklin would do.

CyphaPSU

Oct 25, 2021
I think Franklin, as he usually does, was seeking to take an angle on a story and use it as a generalized recruiting sales pitch. For Franklin, this was all said in the context of "the best in PA stay in PA," and with one of CJF's best players ever returning to the Commonwealth to play football, he was using it as an opportunity to remain on recruiting brand. Hopefully, he just mistakenly meshed some details together in a poorly worded manner.

I did not think I would wake up this morning only to realize that my college coach is jeopardizing my NFL team.

• Haha
Reactions: WestSideLion

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Eagles will sign one year deal with Bucs LB Devin white one year deal….per ESPN

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

That certainly sounds like something Franklin would do.

Note: there's a mistake in the article I linked. It says Barkley will be at PSU on Wednesday for Pro Day, but that should be Friday. I caught the interview on the radio, and he said that he was headed up to PSU tomorrow (meaning Friday) for Pro Day.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

Note: there's a mistake in the article I linked. It says Barkley will be at PSU on Wednesday for Pro Day, but that should be Friday. I caught the interview on the radio, and he said that he was headed up to PSU tomorrow (meaning Friday) for Pro Day.

Because sinking PSU’s playoff chances annually isn’t enough, he’s expanding to the Eagles. I kid!

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
FC: Eagles pick up QB Pickett from the Steelers pick swap deal.
Wave Hello GIF by Odd Creative

Welcome to Philly!

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Wave Hello GIF by Odd Creative

Welcome to Philly!
I have to say that Howie Roseman has the Eagles in excellent shape pre draft. The Eagles have already filled some key spots of need and if you add the fact that he has managed to get 9 picks in the draft upcoming , they are in a very solid position of flexibility and can leverage those picks in a variety of ways Moving up or down as needed. I have not always agreed with Howie….but….in this case he deserves praise.IMO

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I’d resign him on the cheap if I could I would have resigned Sue too if the price was right
Would you consider putting AD at LG and moving LD to RG?

That's an option, though Dickerson seems pretty effective at LG.

If I were Howie, I'd try to sign Kevin Zeitler to man RG for a season or two, while Steen continues learning OG. I'm not sure how much Zeitler is looking for, but he's been a good OG in the league for several years, and I believe he's still unsigned.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I’d resign him on the cheap if I could I would have resigned Sue too if the price was right
Would you consider putting AD at LG and moving LD to RG?
Why wouldn't they just draft a young OT? It's obvious by now that Dillard is no more than a back up tackle. Why pay him even a few million a year when they have good odds of finding a comparable performer in the mid rounds for a lot less money over 4 years?

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Steelers obtain QB Fields from the Bears for a 6th round pick that can move up to the 4th round based on playing time.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Steelers obtain QB Fields from the Bears for a 6th round pick that can move up to the 4th round based on playing time.
That says it all about how the NFL sees Fields. Wow. To think Chicago wanted a second round pick for him last month…

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Why wouldn't they just draft a young OT? It's obvious by now that Dillard is no more than a back up tackle. Why pay him even a few million a year when they have good odds of finding a comparable performer in the mid rounds for a lot less money over 4 years?
Why a few? If you can’t get him for the minimum don’t get him at all. Just figured he’s Stout trained. Besides they need so much help on D. That’s where I’d spend my draft capital

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Was Howie Roseman caught sleeping? He got Pickett when Fields was available.
assuming that the Eagles had a chat with Chicago ( and others) prior to taking Pickett , Howie must have seen something….heard something about Fields that made them pass on him. I do not think that Fields is all that ….the Bears quit on his high pick for a reason!

Reactions: WestSideLion

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Howie needs to fix the D. I m not sure he’s done that yet
Howie/ Eagles as of today have 9 picks in the draft. They are in excellent position to leverage their picks….move up / down when it makes sense. Add to that the fact that the Eagles are in fairly decent shape under the cap. IMO….they are set up for success.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Howie/ Eagles as of today have 9 picks in the draft. They are in excellent position to leverage their picks….move up / down when it makes sense. Add to that the fact that the Eagles are in fairly decent shape under the cap. IMO….they are set up for success.
Well great then explain why they went from 10-1 to 11-6? Having draft picks doesn’t win games

Psu00

Oct 12, 2021
assuming that the Eagles had a chat with Chicago ( and others) prior to taking Pickett , Howie must have seen something….heard something about Fields that made them pass on him. I do not think that Fields is all that ….the Bears quit on his high pick for a reason!
True. I just think he’s better than Pickett and would suit the Eagle’s O better as well.