Set 2: 23-25 Florida Tie 1-1
Set 3: 17-25 Florida Same old Penn State
Set 4: 23-25 Florida. Same old PSU, up by 5 and lost by 2

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: BobPSU92

CBird

Nov 1, 2021
This team is clearly not as advertised. Setting through both matches has been awful. Hitters can’t put anything away, passing and team chemistry and cohesiveness seem to be completely absent. Ladies have some serious work to do before we’re ready for BIG. All in all, an incredibly poor start to a season that had some high expectations.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
This team is clearly not as advertised. Setting through both matches has been awful. Hitters can’t put anything away, passing and team chemistry and cohesiveness seem to be completely absent. Ladies have some serious work to do before we’re ready for BIG. All in all, an incredibly poor start to a season that had some high expectations.
This makes me sad. Serve receive has been awful the past few seasons. Hard to give good sets with bad passes. Hopefully they turn it around.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This makes me sad. Serve receive has been awful the past few seasons. Hard to give good sets with bad passes. Hopefully they turn it around.

I don't disagree that serve/receive has been a problem in recent seasons. That said, I wouldn't go as far as @CBird did after the opening weekend of matches. It's not uncommon for teams to be less than stellar at the start of a season, and then improve significantly over the course of the season. As fans, we'd like our teams to be omnipotent from their 1st match through the NCAA finals. Alas, that doesn't happen too often for any college sports team. Let's wait and see how they look in a month or so.