2023 Recruiting thread

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Ho-hum, a "decommitment". What else is new? They used to bother me, as did the idea that we had to "poach" from another school. Now it's just business as usual in the sleazy world of college football. Pro football is spic and span in comparison.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
A bit of a sleeper. He was really highly thought of as a fresh & soph. He suffered a torn ACL in his 1st game as a junior, and then an upper-body injury during his senior season.

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
A bit of a sleeper. He was really highly thought of as a fresh & soph. He suffered a torn ACL in his 1st game as a junior, and then an upper-body injury during his senior season.

"A bit of a sleeper"? He has three offers, including one from Morgan State, according to On3. Another site has him with many more, including some big boys. Things might not be going well in the transfer portal for this late, late offer to a 2023 WR recruit.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
"A bit of a sleeper"? He has three offers, including one from Morgan State, according to On3. Another site has him with many more, including some big boys. Things might not be going well in the transfer portal for this late, late offer to a 2023 WR recruit.
what does he bring over current roster?

i was hoping to see a big 1 tech DT

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
what does he bring over current roster?

i was hoping to see a big 1 tech DT
Second highlight video is from this past season. My job isn't on the line for talent evaluation, so take it *** grano salis when I say that I don't see it. Taylor Stubblefield sees something that he likes. I guess that is good enough for me (damning with faint praise).

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

He's received far more offers than 3. Some of them were before his ACL injury, so it's unclear how many are still committable.

His being offered does not appear to be reflected by any developments in the portal. Portal offers are more geared towards players that can play immediately, whereas offers to high school prospects are for 2 years in the future.

PSUAXE70

Oct 12, 2021
Have you ever seen a highlight reel that wasn’t great? I hope the kid is a real find and has a terrific career, but you can’t bet the farm on highlight reels.
I agree that you can’t bet the farm on highlight reels but this kid’s season highlights are worth a look. I have seen alleged highlight films where I came away wondering “ those were his highlights?’ .

19333lion

Oct 27, 2021
Have you ever seen a highlight reel that wasn’t great? I hope the kid is a real find and has a terrific career, but you can’t bet the farm on highlight reels.
Then you can check out his track and field performance last Spring, where his 100 meter times ranged from 11.16 to 10.83. My guess is that he has incredible quickness out of the blocks, which is where you want it for football purposes. He has legit speed and ankle breaking moves. We have nothing to lose and perhaps a lot to gain from this Run On!

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
I agree that you can’t bet the farm on highlight reels but this kid’s season highlights are worth a look. I have seen alleged highlight films where I came away wondering “ those were his highlights?’ .
Then you can check out his track and field performance last Spring, where his 100 meter times ranged from 11.16 to 10.83. My guess is that he has incredible quickness out of the blocks, which is where you want it for football purposes. He has legit speed and ankle breaking moves. We have nothing to lose and perhaps a lot to gain from this Run On!
Hey boys no need to get your undies tied in a knot defending highlight films. I already said that I hope he’s a great find and has fine career. I’m certain the coaches evaluated his entire body of work, plus other factors before making the walk on offer. We simply may have a different view on the importance of highlight films in player evaluations.

I never get excited till I see a kid duplicate it at the college level. Once again, I hope he’s another under recruited Journey Brown. Until then I’ll just be happy we have him, but if it’s okay with you guys I’ll just wait until final results are in before I get euphoric.

PSUAXE70

Oct 12, 2021
Hey boys no need to get your undies tied in a knot defending highlight films. I already said that I hope he’s a great find and has fine career
but if it’s okay with you guys I’ll just wait until final results are in before I get euphoric.
When it comes to Penn State football, I have a very low euphoria threshold.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I never get excited till I see a kid duplicate it at the college level. Once again, I hope he’s another under recruited Journey Brown. Until then I’ll just be happy we have him, but if it’s okay with you guys I’ll just wait until final results are in before I get euphoric.
I’m with you. I remember Joe talking about some incoming freshman saying something along the lines of not knowing what he’s got in these new kids until he sees how they respond once they get punched in the mouth. Do they begin to shrink away or so they stand in for the fight.

Reactions: Tom_PSU

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Behind pay wall but latest news says he's committing on Feb signing day.
Life Smash GIF

I hate hitting the pay wall....

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

No. The squad needs your excitment now. These things cannot wait...

Excited Pumped Up GIF by NBA

Reactions: Tom_PSU

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
He’s a 5’11” WR speedster 160 pounds, who is a track star in addition to a football player.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
With all his takedowns, Chimdy Onoh should be a wrestler. I hope he chooses the Good Guys.

I hope he does too as he is a big, raw athlete, but his level of competition was very weak. Baltimore county public schools are poor football programs. They had the 2 seed overall in their class and got a first round bye and then beat a decent team in the quarters but lost 6-0 to a team in the semi's who was down to their 4th QB and didnt have that great of a defense. He is a project with good measurables

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021

Well whoop de do for you. Since it appears that you graduated in 1989, it seems that only took 30 plus years to figure out. BobPSU92 would be proud of you. Okay , I’ll give you a pass on that first 15 years or so due to poor technology. In any event , as a graduate this reflects poorly on our ability to grasp new technology. 😃😜😀 Just kidding. You’ll probably have more fun posting now.

Reactions: Nits1989