2024-2025 basketball roster

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Do we have any open spots and if so, who might we be targeting? It's been quiet as of late.

Hubbard
Melendez
Clary
Kugel
Matthews
Jones
Harris
Chol
Murphy
Nwoko
Foumena

That's 11? Am I missing somebody?

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Saw an article in genes page indicating all 13 are filled. Tried to pull it up but it’s a premium article

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
At this point unless there’s a surprise visit, that’s the roster. Van Lubin from Vanderbilt visited last weekend but ended up committing to North Carolina. Still a really good portal class (currently ranked number 4 in the country). Would have been nice to get a big man like Lubin but it’s not the end of the world. The scoring will run through the guard play.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Paymon is an athletic 6'9" and 235#. Will probably be 6'10", 245# in the fall. He can handle the basketball, good passer, and should be a 12 plus minute player this fall. He is not a low post player, but in many HS was the tallest on the floor. Probably 7-8 points per game as a freshman.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Paymon is an athletic 6'9" and 235#. Will probably be 6'10", 245# in the fall. He can handle the basketball, good passer, and should be a 12 plus minute player this fall. He is not a low post player, but in many HS was the tallest on the floor. Probably 7-8 points per game as a freshman.
And a patented 40% from the line.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Do we have any open spots and if so, who might we be targeting? It's been quiet as of late.

Hubbard
Melendez
Clary
Kugel
Matthews
Jones
Harris
Chol
Murphy
Nwoko
Foumena

That's 11? Am I missing somebody?
I missed 3 games in 4 seasons while i was at state. Can't believe my fandom has reached the point that those are mostly just names. I know Hubbard, Matthews, Jones, Chol, and Murphy from last year but no idea who from that list is a guard, forward, center??? The mediocrity of the last few years and the portal have me to the point of not giving a crap until 1st tip.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I missed 3 games in 4 seasons while i was at state. Can't believe my fandom has reached the point that those are mostly just names. I know Hubbard, Matthews, Jones, Chol, and Murphy from last year but no idea who from that list is a guard, forward, center??? The mediocrity of the last few years and the portal have me to the point of not giving a crap until 1st tip.
Mediocrity of the last few years has, in part, left you to not caring until the season starts?

17- some people have a wildly different definition of 'mediocre' than I have.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Mediocrity of the last few years has, in part, left you to not caring until the season starts?

17- some people have a wildly different definition of 'mediocre' than I have.
Mediocrity and the portal, yes. Combine the 2 and I just don't give a **** about keeping up with roster changes. I'll just learn it while watching when the season starts.

Not making the big dance most years or heading home a game in is middle of the road - mediocre in my opinion. That's where we have been for some time. Last 2 years being some of the better ones in some time but still mediocre. Sweet 16 once every 3 years is better, but 2 out of 4 and you are at least good enough to be discussed about as a decent-good program.

• Haha
Reactions: 3dawgnight

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
The facts are simple. The 68 BEST teams do not play in the NCAA tourney. So just making the tourney and getting bounced in the first 8 or in Round is maybe a shade above mediocre. But most years the bottom 8 teams in the tourney are usually inferior to the Top 8 in the NIT because of the automatic qualifiers rule, or as I call it Affirmative Action for Lower Level conferences.