2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Not our best game. Really liked what I saw from Kamilla and Raven today. We can't put ourselves in these positions and the refs changing their whistle towards the end of 3rd didn't help. I'm glad we won but there's definitely another reminder that game isn't won until won and it won't get any easier. I didn't overlook Indiana for reason.

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
We got our stinker out of the way. A wake up call to push the girls through for three more games.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Dawn playing some combinations she doesn't usually play--Feagin & Cardoso, Hall & Tessa--today. Glad to see Sania awarded for her good play.
Agreed, but some of those combinations almost cost us the game by not being able to keep our foot on the gas!!! With this said, you can’t put a non-points producing combinations on the floor against a 3 point shooting team like Indiana when you LET THEM COME BACK AND MADE IT A CLOSE GAME!!!! Sorry, but poor coaching decisions about players combinations almost cost us this game!!! 👀

Reactions: adcoop and KingWard

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Alarming. I'm sorry, it is. Like the Tennessee game all over again, except that one wasn't going to destroy us.

Reactions: Goody

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Agreed, but some of those combinations almost cost us the game by not being able to keep our foot on the gas!!! With this said, you can’t put a non-points producing combinations on the floor against a 3 point shooting team like Indiana when you LET THEM COME BACK AND MADE IT A CLOSE GAME!!!! Sorry, but poor coaching decisions about players combinations almost cost us this game!!! 👀
Which combinations?

Reactions: debordieu cock

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
What happened with Fulwiley? I wasn’t able to watch every minute of the game but noticed she wasn’t in at all at the end of the game. Did she foul out? Certainly hope she didn’t get injured.

RevRuss

Feb 2, 2022
Please enlighten me on why Feagan gets so much playing time. Was Dawn pissed at Lay and Chloe - did either play 2nd half.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Which combinations?
The mid 4th quarter when Breezy, Tessa, and Raven were on the floor together. Which was not our best outside shooting combination today!!! When Breezy hit the 2 threes earlier in the game, she was pretty much done. Raven did good TODAY with the 3’s, but she is not a consistent 3 point shooter. As for Tessa, she didn’t have it today and you could see that earlier in the game, even a blind squirrel could’ve seen that. This is the backcourt combination that hurt us the most from a scoring standpoint when Indiana made their big run!! Bottom line, Indiana needs to thank CDS for the 3rd and 4th quarters assist with our questionable personnel combinations We have a great team and excellent players, but sometimes our players combination for points production can be very questionable!!! 🤔

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
The mid 4th quarter when Breezy, Tessa, and Raven were on the floor together. Which was not our best outside shooting combination today!!! When Breezy hit the 2 threes earlier in the game, she was pretty much done. Raven did good TODAY with the 3’s, but she is not a consistent 3 point shooter. As for Tessa, she didn’t have it today and you could see that earlier in the game, even a blind squirrel could’ve seen that. This is the backcourt combination that hurt us the most from a scoring standpoint when Indiana made their big run!! Bottom line, Indiana needs to thank CDS for the 3rd and 4th quarters assist with our questionable personnel combinations We have a great team and excellent players, but sometimes our players combination for points production can be very questionable!!! 🤔
I think it was about getting bigger guards for defense. Parish scored 21 today. Paopao was having a difficult time with her. And neither Paopao or Fulwiley played well on offense when they were out there. Thankfully, Raven played well today.

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
I think it was about getting bigger guards for defense. Parish scored 21 today. Paopao was having a difficult time with her. And neither Paopao or Fulwiley played well on offense when they were out there. Thankfully, Raven played well today.
Agree brother DarkCock, but I do think we have enough talent on the bench to not let that halftime lead fall below 14 points! Honestly, I feel like our personnel combination decision is what brought life back to Indiana! It was almost like with certain combinations we were trying to give them the game, if we would just put Walker in at the 5!! If we couldn’t stop them, at least put personnel in that might match them point for point!! 🤔

DeutschRock

Jan 20, 2022
Agree brother DarkCock, but I do think we have enough talent on the bench to not let that halftime lead fall below 14 points! Honestly, I feel like our personnel combination decision is what brought life back to Indiana! It was almost like with certain combinations we were trying to give them the game, if we would just put Walker in at the 5!! If we couldn’t stop them, at least put personnel in that might match them point for point!! 🤔
Pao Pao was too slow in transition defense and struggled to get through or around the screens. Fulwiley continuously drove and either would lose control, miss a layup, or get tied up. She tried to force a lot this game and it affected her. Kitts also was prone to losing possession of the ball when in the lane and was slow at times to get back on defense. Dawn went for the 3 bigger guards to try to help on defense. Sadly, the team got 3 happy and also missed some mid-range shots instead of feeding Kamilla down low. When this team struggles it usually involves some bad momentum gaining play for the opposing team followed by going away from what was working.

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
On to the next. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't Stanford. How do we match up with Oregon State?

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
On to the next. It wasn't pretty but it wasn't Stanford. How do we match up with Oregon State?
I don't know if I remember any team that was -21 in turnover margin and winning the game. Notre Dame took 25 more shots! Obviously, OSU did a lot of good things to overcome that discrepancy. Their coach is aware how unathletic they are and plays at a slow pace. I expect us to press all game to force turnovers and speed up the game. Hopefully, Fulwiley will have a bounce back game because the Beavers have no one who can stay in front of her.

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Pao Pao was too slow in transition defense and struggled to get through or around the screens. Fulwiley continuously drove and either would lose control, miss a layup, or get tied up. She tried to force a lot this game and it affected her. Kitts also was prone to losing possession of the ball when in the lane and was slow at times to get back on defense. Dawn went for the 3 bigger guards to try to help on defense. Sadly, the team got 3 happy and also missed some mid-range shots instead of feeding Kamilla down low. When this team struggles it usually involves some bad momentum gaining play for the opposing team followed by going away from what was working.
I think these are some good observations. I can't say anything is incorrect. But...we were +10 in both Paopao's and Chloe's minutes and +9 in Fulwiley’s. We were -5 with Tessa and -3 with Bree. So her adjustment didn't work imo. I guess that's the pitfall of having so much depth.

In the end, we won and moved on and that's all that matters.

Orion

Jul 9, 2022
Alarming. I'm sorry, it is. Like the Tennessee game all over again, except that one wasn't going to destroy us.
Destroy is a little much. Close games happen all the time in these scenarios. Remember the sweet 16 last year with LSU vs Utah. Utah had that game in the bag and performed a choke job maybe worse than UTs against us this year in the SEC tournament minus the buzzer beater. Also in 2017, as mentioned by Dark, we survived Arizona St in the second round AT HOME. Does this mean anything now, probably not. They just keep on winning and I am going to ENJOY the ride no matter what happens.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Losing is bitter at this stage. I pause to mention that I watched both the Stanford and Indiana postgame news conferences. The young women for both teams were visibly stricken, but tactful and very well spoken, and the coaches were great examples of how to conduct oneself in such a situation - wonderful examples to their players. This was especially impressive in Stanford's case because the way the game was officiated materially affected the outcome. Brink and Iriafen played 23 and 22 minutes each and Brink fouled out early in the fourth quarter.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Destroy is a little much. Close games happen all the time in these scenarios. Remember the sweet 16 last year with LSU vs Utah. Utah had that game in the bag and performed a choke job maybe worse than UTs against us this year in the SEC tournament minus the buzzer beater. Also in 2017, as mentioned by Dark, we survived Arizona St in the second round AT HOME. Does this mean anything now, probably not. They just keep on winning and I am going to ENJOY the ride no matter what happens.
Obviously, "destroy" is metaphoric, but it suits when a loss to Tennessee in the SECT would not have affected our ability to go on or even our overall seeding. A loss yesterday would have sunk the best team in the country for the second year in a row, so yeah, I'm comfortable with "destroy".

Orion

Jul 9, 2022
Holmes and Brink are both great players with great careers ahead of them. Kinda reminds me of A’jas last game in the Elite 8. Sometimes knowing your college career has concluded is more emotional than the loss itself.

Latest posts