2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
This was a key comment from DS and I'm sure corrections will be made and enforced. Losing a 22pt lead is a mental lapse by the team.

"When we build a lead, they think any shot is a good shot," Staley said. "We took some bad shots that led to easy buckets for them."

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Losing is bitter at this stage. I pause to mention that I watched both the Stanford and Indiana postgame news conferences. The young women for both teams were visibly stricken, but tactful and very well spoken, and the coaches were great examples of how to conduct oneself in such a situation - wonderful examples to their players. This was especially impressive in Stanford's case because the way the game was officiated materially affected the outcome. Brink and Iriafen played 23 and 22 minutes each and Brink fouled out early in the fourth quarter.
I don't think we can simply blame the officiating because Brink fouled out of the last game as well. She is constantly in foul trouble, including everytime we've played them. She managed to foul out last night with over 8 minutes left despite committing 0 fouls in the 1st half. She has to be smarter, which is strange thing to say about someone who attends Stanford.

But I will miss her, and her mom (does anyone else's mother attend games? ESPN is obsessed with her). Star players like Brink who play 4 years of college are the major reason that wbb is more enjoyable than the men's game.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
If you haven’t watched the IU Postgame interview, you should. The culture we have in Columbia is amazing. Teri Moren is doing all the right things with her team. MacKenzie Holmes is a total class act. If my child said “Dad, I’m going to play at IU.” Of course I would be disappointed but I would also know she was going to a great place to grow as a player and just as important as a human being.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
This was a key comment from DS and I'm sure corrections will be made and enforced. Losing a 22pt lead is a mental lapse by the team.

"When we build a lead, they think any shot is a good shot," Staley said. "We took some bad shots that led to easy buckets for them."

Fake news. We played 3 opponents in between Tennessee and Indiana. lol

To **almost** blow a 20+ point lead, you first have to build that lead. Another way of looking at it, we've lead nearly the entire time against UT, LSU, UNC and Indiana. I've complained the last 2 seasons about slows starts, so I'm pleased with how we're starting better. We would have lost yesterday if not for a +11 1st quarter.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't think we can simply blame the officiating because Brink fouled out of the last game as well. She is constantly in foul trouble, including everytime we've played them. She managed to foul out last night with over 8 minutes left despite committing 0 fouls in the 1st half. She has to be smarter, which is strange thing to say about someone who attends Stanford.

But I will miss her, and her mom (does anyone else's mother attend games? ESPN is obsessed with her). Star players like Brink who play 4 years of college are the major reason that wbb is more enjoyable than the men's game.
Well, the coach did mention that she didn't agree with some of the fouls called on Brink, but she was quick to add that maybe Brink got away with a couple also, which I thought was good of her to say. She also thought that experienced people should have learned ways to stay in games. But her way of keeping the other girl available was sitting her for almost half the game.

I agree with you about the women's game. I hope to goodness it can be preserved that way. I still believe that the transfer structure needs to be addressed some more, but now it will require something revolutionary. .

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

To **almost** blow a 20+ point lead, you first have to build that lead. Another way of looking at it, we've lead nearly the entire time against UT, LSU, UNC and Indiana. I've complained the last 2 seasons about slows starts, so I'm pleased with how we're starting better. We would have lost yesterday if not for a +11 1st quarter.
I think it's like playing "Chicken" or Russian Roulette: you can't get away with those indefinitely.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Well, the coach did mention that she didn't agree with some of the fouls called on Brink, but she was quick to add that maybe Brink got away with a couple also, which I thought was good of her to say. She also thought that experienced people should have learned ways to stay in games. But her way of keeping the other girl available was sitting her for almost half the game.

I agree with you about the women's game. I hope to goodness it can be preserved that way. I still believe that the transfer structure needs to be addressed some more, but now it will require something revolutionary. .
I think the women's game is immune to "one and done" since there are so few roster spots in the WNBA. Also, NIL money helps to keep players in college.

I think transfers should be limited to one without sitting out. I know the argument is a normal student can transfer multiple times so it should be the same for student-athletes, but that's not how the world works. Transferring is not easy and definitely not multiple times for a regular student.

Reactions: Orion and KingWard

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I think transfers should be limited to one without sitting out. I know the argument is a normal student can transfer multiple times so it should be the same for student-athletes, but that's not how the world works. Transferring is not easy and definitely not multiple times for a regular student.
This is true. If a "normal" student transfers colleges multiple times and across state lines, it probably means they are going to have to go to school an extra year or so to overcome the hassle of credits that fail to transfer with them.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022

To Dawn's comment, when you build a 22pt lead, you don't stop doing the things that got you there and start playing playground basketball. I think she will be reemphasizing and enforcing the ''do what you've been trained to do'' mentality for the full game.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Bad example. Having a 20 point lead at the half puts the Gamecocks at 99% probability of winning not 1 in 6 AND we have a say in how we perform not just a spin of the wheel
Maybe not the best examples mathematically, but congruous to the extent that, when you do come up on the wrong end, you're out of business. We've actually lived through it multiple times already, in a favorable position strength-wise but coming up on the wrong end.

• Haha
Reactions: PFUNK Cock

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
Pao Pao was too slow in transition defense and struggled to get through or around the screens. Fulwiley continuously drove and either would lose control, miss a layup, or get tied up. She tried to force a lot this game and it affected her. Kitts also was prone to losing possession of the ball when in the lane and was slow at times to get back on defense. Dawn went for the 3 bigger guards to try to help on defense. Sadly, the team got 3 happy and also missed some mid-range shots instead of feeding Kamilla down low. When this team struggles it usually involves some bad momentum gaining play for the opposing team followed by going away from what was working.
I agree with you brother DeutschRock, but I also believe we could had a much better lineup in there when Indiana made their run at us. Come on folks we are a much better team than Indiana to say we just won by four!! I know we tend to let our girls play through something sometimes, but please let’s have our five best offensive / defensive combinations on the floor! CDS, is still my favorite coach, but honestly I felt like we could have been coming home yesterday because of the personnel we had on the floor for Indiana to make their run!! Hell, we’re a +15 favorite, 🤔

Reactions: CWW

BftCocks09

Joined Aug 2, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
I understand it’s only the first quarter, and this is really the first time I’ve watched UCLA closely this season, but they might be the worst shooting team I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Cockburn

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Rough game. Within the span of five minutes, I saw a bloody nose and a player face down on the floor crying. Both injured players were wearing purple.

Reactions: PFUNK Cock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
It's goes down to the wire. Finally, LSU survives.

Last edited:

PFUNK Cock

Joined Mar 28, 2004 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
OSU will present a problem as they both have outside and inside presence at least on the offensive end.
As Inthough we should have done in the second half against Indiana. Coach should have put her press crew in the game to change the complexion and pace of play. The team became stagnant and she just needed to change their mindset to get them back in the flow. The team played on its heels the entire second half. She should not have to call set plates to get the ball to Cardosa. Raven has been the point guard long enough to call out a play. That is what Harris became as a second coach on the court. She knew how to get the team back in flow . The strateg has always been inside out .

PeeCock78

Oct 22, 2022
We got our stinker out of the way. A wake up call to push the girls through for three more games.
Tennessee was supposed to have been the wake-up call. For them to have blown a 20+ point lead again so soon after doing so against Tennessee it’s concerning at the very least

Reactions: debordieu cock

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I saw on the ESPN ticker that Oregon State's -21 turnover margin was the worst margin by a winning team in a NCAA game since 2000. That's wild. We have to apply ball pressure tomorrow from the start and not let up.
I don't see how anybody could win a game like that at any level. It's spooky.

Reactions: Orion and DarkCock

USCEDGE

Joined Mar 5, 2019
Feb 5, 2022
It's all set up. The NCAA and the networks get what they were hoping for.......an Iowa vs LSU matchup. They would love to see USC vs either one in the final as well!!

Reactions: Whiterockcock69

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022

debordieu cock

Joined Jun 2, 2000
Jan 20, 2022
Ok I need thoughts on today’s game. Do we feel this is a better match up for us than Indiana?
I think we do...they may be a team that has a little height on us overall....but they are going to have some difficulties moving that height down the court. To me, they are too methodical and S...L...O...W! I may be wrong, but I think we win by 15. I think our bench will be the key.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I think we do...they may be a team that has a little height on us overall....but they are going to have some difficulties moving that height down the court. To me, they are too methodical and S...L...O...W! I may be wrong, but I think we win by 15. I think our bench will be the key.
In the Notre Dame game, OSU'S big girl never left the paint, and I mean never. So the player she was defending was free to set screens anywhere on the court.

1000004377.jpg

Very similar to how we played Hidalgo in the 2nd half of our game. She couldn't buy a bucket Friday. The loss was kind of on her, I hate to say.

Will Beers play the same today? Allowing Cardoso to set screens for our guards, unobstructed, seems like a big gamble. But Beers is too slow to defend on the perimeter. Something to watch early.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
In the Notre Dame game, OSU'S big girl never left the paint, and I mean never. So the player she was defending was free to set screens anywhere on the court.

View attachment 549284

Very similar to how we played Hidalgo in the 2nd half of our game. She couldn't buy a bucket Friday. The loss was kind of on her, I hate to say.

Will Beers play the same today? Allowing Cardoso to set screens for our guards, unobstructed, seems like a big gamble. But Beers is too slow to defend on the perimeter. Something to watch early.