2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
I wonder if Sakima Walker is waiting until after the parade to enter the portal. Destiny Littleton waited 2 years ago to enter, if I recall correctly. Seems like if she was returning, she would have already announced.
Rivers did the same. Attended the parade, then entered the portal.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
in other potential SEC transfer news, ex-Clemson G Ruby Whitehorn just finished a visit to Florida and is now scheduled to visit LSU . Florida, with them losing several guards to graduation, could be a good landing spot for her, but LSU ? is she really going to be ok going from 30ish mins a game to possibly 10-15 mins playing behind M. Williams and Flau'jae?

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
in other potential SEC transfer news, ex-Clemson G Ruby Whitehorn just finished a visit to Florida and is now scheduled to visit LSU . Florida, with them losing several guards to graduation, could be a good landing spot for her, but LSU ? is she really going to be ok going from 30ish mins a game to possibly 10-15 mins playing behind M. Williams and Flau'jae?
I think she was at Florida state unless she has visited both. It was reported on Twitter that she was at Florida state this weekend.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
One things for sure, with Clara Strack (6'5), Clara Silva (6'7) and now Teonni Key (6'4) transferring in , Kentucky will definitely have size
Petty and Scherr are good players who could play for just about anyone. Russell was streaky, but she has talent. The rest that roster though, was not good...probably Sun Belt level. If Kentucky loses Petty, Scherr and Russell, it's a total rebuild. I'm still not sure they are a tournament team next year without more additions.

Reactions: Cockburn

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Zaay Green to Bama from Ark Pinebluff. Good get for the Tide. Averaged 17 ppg. This will be her 7th season. Was all freshman SEC at UT for 18-19. That was the year before the freshies. Lost 2 seasons to injuries. She will turn 26 during the season. SMH

PFUNK Cock

Joined Mar 28, 2004 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Petty and Scherr are good players who could play for just about anyone. Russell was streaky, but she has talent. The rest that roster though, was not good...probably Sun Belt level. If Kentucky loses Petty, Scherr and Russell, it's a total rebuild. I'm still not sure they are a tournament team next year without more additions.
Brooks will have no problem filling his roster. Players are following him from VTech like he has Moses Staff. Attack was a good pickup as she stepped up after he lost Kitley.

• Haha
Reactions: Cockburn

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Zaay Green to Bama from Ark Pinebluff. Good get for the Tide. Averaged 17 ppg. This will be her 7th season. Was all freshman SEC at UT for 18-19. That was the year before the freshies. Lost 2 seasons to injuries. She will turn 26 during the season. SMH
Supposedly Poffenbarger is eyeing Alabama as well.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Brooks will have no problem filling his roster. Players are following him from VTech like he has Moses Staff. Attack was a good pickup as she stepped up after he lost Kitley.
He is going to have more problems than you might think. Those arise from the fact that he only has 2 players that have stayed. There will only be 1 v 1 drills in spring practices 🤣. Summer will be basically, your name is?

Realistically he needs to bring in 10 players. You can’t tell them all they are going to start. How do you distribute them over 4 classes?

They will be better than last year in talent but way behind in chemistry and cohesion. He needs to schedule as weak an OOC schedule as possible. Call Kim for pointers

Last edited:

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
He is going to have more problems than you might think. Those arise from the fact that it only has 2 players that have stayed. There will only be 1 v 1 drills in spring practices 🤣. Summer will be basically, your name is?

Realistically he needs to bring in 10 players. You can’t tell them all they are going to start. How do you distribute them over 4 classes?

They will be better than last year in talent but way behind in chemistry and cohesion. He needs to schedule as weak an OOC schedule as possible. Call Kim for pointers
Which two stayed?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I’m super surprised no one from Tenn has entered the portal so far.
That’s the good news for them. I imagine the NIL faucet has been opened wide.

The bad news is that they seemed to have garnered absolutely ZERO interest from anyone to come into Rocky Top. They only have 8 or 9 on their roster

Without some more talent I would pick them 8th maybe 9th preseason

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Which two stayed?
Cassidy Rowe who is a Ky. girl 5’6” shooting guard who should be playing in the A10. She is however beautiful. The other is Saniah Tyler also a 5’6” SG. Averaged 10ppg was the unobserved talent for themIMG_1017.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
Thoughts on Aliyah Boston and Caitlin Clark as teammates???

Aliyah is such an awesome young woman. I LOVE her interviews and commentary. I think CC will shoot her shots, but when she’s well guarded (and she will be), she’s a killer passer. They could be a fun group. And you KNOW the games will get attention they didn’t last year. I think that’s great for Aliyah, too.

PFUNK Cock

Joined Mar 28, 2004 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022

Aliyah is such an awesome young woman. I LOVE her interviews and commentary. I think CC will shoot her shots, but when she’s well guarded (and she will be), she’s a killer passer. They could be a fun group. And you KNOW the games will get attention they didn’t last year. I think that’s great for Aliyah, too.
Indiana drafted 3 point guards. They already have size but their backcourt last season was really suspect. I don’t think Clark will be playing the point alone. She may get paired with another point guard to free her from too much responsibility

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Can we now say that Kamilla Cardoso is a top 3 Gamecock women's basketball player of all time?

* She's the only Carolina wbb player to be a regular rotation player on 2 national championship teams.

* She was the Most Outstanding Player of a NCAA tournament. Very well deserved too. She was our best player in the final 4 games. It was difficult to even come up with a 2nd player for the all-tournament team.

* She hit "The Shot." Legendary.

* She was selected 3rd in the WNBA draft.

I remember the announcers of one of our games during her first season saying she came here because she wanted to be the #1 pick in the draft. She came pretty darn close. She'll be a recruiting/transfer player Dawn can hold up as an example of success for years.

I can't help but think what we could have accomplished had she come here from the start of her career. We lost to Stanford by 1 in a game where Boston and Amihere were in foul trouble and could not be on the court at the same time. Her presence would have meant a W imo. I also give Kamilla credit for the way she played against Iowa the first meeting. We didn't lose because of her, that's for sure. She came to play that night. Had she played more minutes, maybe we could have pulled that one out.

Last edited:

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022

In year 1 Aliyah really helped changed the trajectory of the Fever. That team has been the clear cut worse team for the better part of a decade. This past season the team nearly tripled their win total and Aliyah was key to it all.

Aliyah had the 8th best win share total for the entire league despite being 4th in usage rate for her own team. Which in lies the problem with team, the players on her team were very selfish, specifically the starters. 2 of the starters literally would never pass Aliyah the ball or even attempt to look her way. The starting point guard, who in my opinion is more of a shooting guard didn't have the best basketball IQ and often took ill advised shots and made horrible passes that cost game. Ironic enough the two selfish players and the mediocre point guard are the 3 players that had higher usage than Boston.

Despite all the turmoil on the team the Fever was a highly competitive team. They had close games with everybody in the league. I would say about 85% of their games they were in a position to win the game with 4 minutes left to go in all those games. A stark contrast to the many blowouts in the years prior.

So overall this Fever team is almost the perfect situation for Caitlin. They can really use a point guard who can really pass the ball and feed Aliyah. Her shooting would be beneficial but not the end of the world if it takes her some to get used to. The downside is, if Aliyah's teammates already proved they were jealous of her last year and the attention she received then I can only imagine what their locker room will be like this year.

Long story short, this Fever team can be pretty good if the players buy in and accept their roles. Selfishness and envy held back last year's team and luckily Boston was still a good sport about it. I'm sure Clark has an ally in Boston and that tandem alone can do a lot of damage considering how impactful Boston was last year basically by herself. I imagine 2 years from now that team is likely top 3 in the league. The one concern I have is defense.

Sidenote -Outside of Boston and Lexie Hull when she's in, the defense on this team is atrocious. I know they drafted Celeste Taylor but that is something that needs to be addressed as well.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thought/suggestion for the hive mind. Are y’all as confused as me about the roster of every SEC Team? Who left? Who stayed? Who has fifth year? Is there any way we could collectively look at say a team every other day or do we wait a month and just let the dust settle?

Latest posts