2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Couple of things, I don’t think Harper is or will fail at UT, just noting Lawson is a UT grad and that the UT job is the only job Lawson would leave for.

Banghart was 231-66 her last 10 years at Princeton. She knows how to run an overall program, she is a good in game coach, and she has recognized and developed lesser talent. She has turned a program around in 3 years and is attracting top tier talent.

All I am saying we have been a program alone at the top in SC, NC, GA, FL and VA the last 10 years. We were THE stay at home choice. Things change, schools have upped their game in response. The school to feel sorry for(NOT!) is the taters. Four top flight or ascending programs within 3 hours and they suck. 16 losing seasons in the last 17. 194-346 overall and an incredibly pathetic 57-223 in conference
I'm thinking that new coach at UGA will be a thorn in our side, if she can get the Atlanta recruits to stay home...

Reactions: winloseortie

cockyclt

Sep 22, 2022
Of the 3 coaches mentioned I would be the most worried about Banghart. What she did with UNC has been amazing and has her team going in the right direction. Harper is actually doing well at UT as well but her future will likely depend on her high school recruiting.

Lawson is likely the only one whose seat is getting a little warmer if things don't improve this season. I think cancelling Duke's season her first season due to Covid will hurt her and electing to not participate in the WNIT last season will also be another strike against her. There's going to be a lot of extra pressure on some kind of postseason play for this year.
The transfer portal has changed everything though. You could conceivably build a championship team out of the transfer portal just as much as through recruiting, perhaps even more so. Look at Saniya Rivers. We snag the#3 recruit but then she's only here a year. There's a good chance she stays at NC State for 3 years since transferring again would mean she'd have to sit out a year. It would be better to have a player for their last three years than their first one. So the transfer portal makes recruiting a lot less important.

• Haha
Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I'm thinking that new coach at UGA will be a thorn in our side, if she can get the Atlanta recruits to stay home...
Every game with UGA will a defensive rock fight and we have 2 this season. She is a defensive whiz and they play a hybrid D, that she seems to be the only one capable of teaching. Her teams have however been less than stellar offensively

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
The transfer portal has changed everything though. You could conceivably build a championship team out of the transfer portal just as much as through recruiting, perhaps even more so. Look at Saniya Rivers. We snag the#3 recruit but then she's only here a year. There's a good chance she stays at NC State for 3 years since transferring again would mean she'd have to sit out a year. It would be better to have a player for their last three years than their first one. So the transfer portal makes recruiting a lot less important.
Cases in point. Preseason #3Tenn, #4Texas, #15LSU, and #12Maryland would all be 10-15 spots lower without their portal classes

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Sahnya Jah posted pics from her official this weekend on Instagram. Talaysia Cooper posted one of the pics on her story. Looks like Sahnya has visited Florida, Miami, UGA and us. Do they get 4 officials or 5?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Sahnya Jah posted pics from her official this weekend on Instagram. Talaysia Cooper posted one of the pics on her story. Looks like Sahnya has visited Florida, Miami, UGA and us. Do they get 4 officials or 5?

From NCAA

Prospective student athletes can take a maximum of 5 official visits to D1 and D2 schools, and an unlimited number of official visits to D3 schools throughout high school.

Reactions: CockyGirl

GivEmDaSpurs

Joined Sep 23, 2019
Jan 17, 2022

Cases in point. Preseason #3Tenn, #4Texas, #15LSU, and #12Maryland would all be 10-15 spots lower without their portal classes
The transfer portal is very useful to fill needs. BUT, in no way is it any replacement for HS recruiting.

Yes, all those teams are ranked a little higher because of the portal. However, even with the influx of talent these preseason rankings are just based off of potential. They have yet to prove that they could play a game together. LSU last year relied upon transfers and it didn’t go as predicted.

We will be ranked #1 because of our returning talent. Cordosa has been our biggest transfer portal addition but in no way did she affect our ranking. She hasn’t cracked the starting lineup because of our returning former HS recruits.

Do you think that Dawn, Geno, or Tara will change their recruiting philosophy to wait to see who hits the portal or will they build teams based off of HS players?

Reactions: Gamekem

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
The transfer portal is very useful to fill needs. BUT, in no way is it any replacement for HS recruiting.

Yes, all those teams are ranked a little higher because of the portal. However, even with the influx of talent these preseason rankings are just based off of potential. They have yet to prove that they could play a game together. LSU last year relied upon transfers and it didn’t go as predicted.

We will be ranked #1 because of our returning talent. Cordosa has been our biggest transfer portal addition but in no way did she affect our ranking. She hasn’t cracked the starting lineup because of our returning former HS recruits.

Do you think that Dawn, Geno, or Tara will change their recruiting philosophy to wait to see who hits the portal or will they build teams based off of HS players?
You are spot on. Portal is a tool you should avail yourself of, but cannot be the foundation of your program. DS got burned by Cooper and is very selective and brutally honest with transfers about expectations.

Harper at UT, Fresse at Maryland would be doomed without the portal. LSU, Baylor, Ole Miss, Bama, Miss st and other programs in transition have relied on the portal to ease the exodus. 33% of the players in the SEC are portal babies.

Four years ago Geno started taking transfers, to me a clear sign his recruiting has changed from simply selecting to having to compete for recruits.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Dawn just tweeted “A birdie flew into the nest” 😳

what are your guesses? I say ADR or Sahnya Jah!

Reactions: Gamekem

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Reading tea leaves, it seems Fulwiley and Kitts will be birdies. I am very hopeful for Del Rosario🤞But hey I’m an old guy at a computer🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

If we sign those 4, it fills the needs and would be a top 3 class at worst

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
We currently have 13 on the roster. 7 of which are seniors. I think we definitely need at least 3 but preferably 4 or even possibly 5 in this upcoming class.
Player (Position)
Super Seniors who must leave
-Saxton (4)
-Fletcher(1/2)

Seniors(likely to leave)
-Boston (4/5)
-Cooke(2)
-Thompson (1/2)

Seniors 50/50 to leave
- Beal (3)
-Amihere (4/5)

There is a lot of room for 2023 class for all positions.

The rest of the team consists of
Junior
-Cardoso(5) * still has a Covid eligible year

Sophomore
-Hall (2/3)
-Feagin( 4/5)

Freshmen
-Johnson(1)* Redshirt
-Cooper (1/2)
-Watkins (4)

2023 Class so far
Jah (3)

It looks like that based on the needs of the team we could use a guard or two and a couple of posts. This is all largely dependent on who decides to use their Covid year.

Reactions: StormCobra

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Of course there is always transfer portal to fill needs that this class may not fill. I am still hopeful for Rosario, Kitts and Fulwilley for this class. I did find it interesting looking at Rosarios Instagram page that when she went to Tenn she was sitting for pictures with National Title trophies. She also did with us. I wonder how much she paid attention to or if dawn pointed out the dust on theirs and the freshness on ours as well as the banner hanging for Covid year that we all know we were going to win that one also. Hopefully she notices that and we all can be happy in garnet

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Of course there is always transfer portal to fill needs that this class may not fill. I am still hopeful for Rosario, Kitts and Fulwilley for this class. I did find it interesting looking at Rosarios Instagram page that when she went to Tenn she was sitting for pictures with National Title trophies. She also did with us. I wonder how much she paid attention to or if dawn pointed out the dust on theirs and the freshness on ours as well as the banner hanging for Covid year that we all know we were going to win that one also. Hopefully she notices that and we all can be happy in garnet
"dawn pointed out the dust on theirs"

That is F'N funny.....

AngryCock

Oct 8, 2022
I'll only say this once about the WBB team.

Until we get a non-"woke" coach - I won't watch, support, or spend a single penny supporting them.

That's all I have to say about that.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
A follow up on Ark. game. Defense, defense, defense....we gave up 52 to them. In their last 5 games against anybody not named USC they have averaged 86PPG!!!
Neighbors gave a great post game interview that night.

They asked him if he was upset with his team’s offensive play, he said something to the effect of.....
Not at all. I thought we played well on offense. Y’all it’s hard to score on South Carolina. To be honest it’s REALLY HARD just to get good shots off against them

Reactions: germangamecock

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
A lot of conversation about her is that she may be ranked in the 40’s but is probably one of the 10 best athletes in the class
After watching the film on her she looks the part. Big shoulders and appears very strong. And she seems to shoot and move very well.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
New rankings on HoopGurlz is out

A few Thoughts on the new rankings

JuJu👍👍👍now #1

Jah moved up 5 spots⬆️

J’Adore Young from Greenville moved into the list #98. She is committed to Ole Miss.

Velez, LSU, Del Rosario’s teammate dropped 10 spots⬇️

Zoe Brooks who we recruited and who signed w/NCSU took a significant leap⬆️

Emma Risch probably made the biggest leap and got a 5th star. She visited here multiple times and DS wanted her really bad. Thought to be best 3pt shooter in the class. Committed to ND⬆️⬆️⬆️

Jaloni Cambridge, the new #1, in ‘24. One sister played at Vandy. Anothet sister is a Fr. at UK and she will probably get major playing time there. Brother also played college ball but where escapes me at present.

Reactions: Goody

Latest posts