2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Just for math fun: if you have two legs, then you have more legs than the average human.
Also just for math fun. The average number of Tourney wins by teams making the WBB NCAA Tournament is 0.985......
We won 6

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Hey y'all keep Amihere in your prayers. She lost her brother over the summer and she also lost another close relative this week. That's a lot to deal with while also being a student athlete.
I posted about her brother. Gosh that is just a really heavy burden for the young woman

Reactions: DarkCock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Ok for serious WBB Fans and if you know nothing and want to get a good overview of top teams.
This is the folks from Her hoops stats. Probably the best stats site in WBB. They break down the top 10. Warning they do lose cred when the discuss our PG position and NEVER mention Raven.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Did LA just lose her brother earlier this year?

That's tough. Amihere is a fantastic person. Maybe cut her a break next time she commits a turnover.

The main reason I don't post on other USC sports much anymore is my reluctance to publicly criticize players. We never know what they are dealing with in their personal lives. The WBB team is so good, there's only so much to criticize.

Attachments

• 1667565657211.png
    1667565657211.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 3

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022

That's tough. Amihere is a fantastic person. Maybe cut her a break next time she commits a turnover.

The main reason I don't post on other USC sports much anymore is my reluctance to publicly criticize players. We never know what they are dealing with in their personal lives. The WBB team is so good, there's only so much to criticize.

I have no idea why the lyrics to Jesus Walks appeared in my post. A sign, maybe. 🙂

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
YES, he died this summer. Just dropped dead out of the blue at app. age 30. They even needed to do a go fund me page for the funeral.

LA is very open about her Christian faith and wants to change the world. She is especially focused on poverty in Africa. Her family is of Ghanaian origins. If I remember correctly her brother’s name was Kofi which means he was born on Friday(when I was in Ghana I was always called Kwasi, born on Sunday)

LA really reached out to Raven Johnson after her ACL and they became close. The fact that LA had torn an ACL twice meant she knew the process. Out of their friendship Raven got baptized last spring. With no Daboesque BS. On a team of extraordinary young women LA stands out. She will make her mark on the world

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

Are you going to post this on Insiders? If you don’t want to may I post it?

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Saw she's forgoing her senior season. When can she play for Carolina?
I don't know for sure, but I assume January is the earliest she can join as long as she's enrolled in classes. Amihere did something similar although she was rehabbing her ACL instead of playing.

Reactions: DarkCock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I don't know for sure, but I assume January is the earliest she can join as long as she's enrolled in classes. Amihere did something similar although she was rehabbing her ACL instead of playing.
If she is enrolling in January, per NCAA rules she can start practicing the day after the semester ends. So mid December.

I believe they will find a way to get her admitted before thanksgiving.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
CALLING MY SHOT HERE TODAY

To quote Phil Collins “I can feel in the air tonight, hold on.”

Next week Watkins and Fulwiley announce for the Gamecocks.

April after winning 2 in a row......Joyce Edwards announces she is reclassifying and will be enrolling at USC in May and looking forward to a helping in a 3peat

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
CALLING MY SHOT HERE TODAY

To quote Phil Collins “I can feel in the air tonight, hold on.”

Next week Watkins and Fulwiley announce for the Gamecocks.

April after winning 2 in a row......Joyce Edwards announces she is reclassifying and will be enrolling at USC in May and looking forward to a helping in a 3peat
That would be one of the most insane recruiting gets and I wouldn't mind to see it lol.

Reactions: Goody

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
That would be one of the most insane recruiting gets and I wouldn't mind to see it lol.
I don’t know about Watkins but the more I think about Edwards.... Why not?

She is a VERY bright young woman. Her parents are educators, so you know her ducks are in a row academically. She is ready for college ball and there is that NIL money.

Reactions: germangamecock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I apologize in advance, although in all honesty I’m not sorry. Mods if you have to delete this post,I understand but please do not delete the thread

To all those &%*?~ers who have whined and carped with their very asinine thinly veiled agenda

“Why doesn’t DS recruit blondes? Clearly she doesn’t want to have any blondes on the team! I don’t think she can relate to blondes! Can she even coach blondes? It’s a shame she ignores a whole talent pool of blondes that other schools recruit. I would feel better about this team if we just had some talented blondes on the team.

Well you know what you can do

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
I apologize in advance, although in all honesty I’m not sorry. Mods if you have to delete this post,I understand but please do not delete the thread

To all those &%*?~ers who have whined and carped with their very asinine thinly veiled agenda

“Why doesn’t DS recruit blondes? Clearly she doesn’t want to have any blondes on the team! I don’t think she can relate to blondes! Can she even coach blondes? It’s a shame she ignores a whole talent pool of blondes that other schools recruit. I would feel better about this team if we just had some talented blondes on the team.

I discredited the source for that post and moved on.

Reactions: germangamecock

Garnet Breeze

Feb 2, 2022

Find it funny a good handful of the white players Dawn has recruited ended up committing to one of the Oregon schools. Chloe is originally from Tacoma, WA, her family moving to Florida 6 yrs ago. Take that Pacific Northwest!

GivEmDaSpurs

Joined Sep 23, 2019
Jan 17, 2022

Never heard that before and I hope never again. In a world that is so divisive, I hate it when it shows up in college athletics. More specific about my beloved Gamecocks.

Dawn and company have offered every race, color, and creed of young ladies. She has a diverse staff and has shown nothing but love for every player she has coached.

Chloe Kitts is a big get because of her skills. She has the talent and size to remind us of a past favorite in KiKi. We have missed a player like her and Kitts should fill that need.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Never heard that before and I hope never again. In a world that is so divisive, I hate it when it shows up in college athletics. More specific about my beloved Gamecocks.

Dawn and company have offered every race, color, and creed of young ladies. She has a diverse staff and has shown nothing but love for every player she has coached.

Chloe Kitts is a big get because of her skills. She has the talent and size to remind us of a past favorite in KiKi. We have missed a player like her and Kitts should fill that need.
My apologies I have heard people on this board trash ds over recruiting so much that my better angels got pushed aside and I want everyone to know DS only recruits 2 things character and talent

Goody

Joined Apr 14, 2017
Jan 30, 2022
My apologies I have heard people on this board trash ds over recruiting so much that my better angels got pushed aside and I want everyone to know DS only recruits 2 things character and talent
Hello!!!!

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
ETSU preview

Simply put, this is a a team we should beat by 40+. They were 6-22 playing in the SOCON last season.

They have 2 players 6’2” both true Fr. and their returning C who is 6’3”. They will be no match on interior D or on the boards.

They return 3 starters who averaged 9, 7.5 and 4ppg. They did add
Jiselle Thomas through the portal. She missed most of last season but as a junior averaged 17ppg.

They only shot 35% from the field and were out rebounded by an average of 8 per game. Also a very poor assist to turnover ratio.

Arrive early if you want to see the starters play but stay late to see the bench and Fr. play

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
What I want to see from this team this season.

-First and foremost I want to this team a whole to be healthy and for the chemistry of this to remain positive and be even better than last season.

-Improved shooting from range while maintaining our defensive intensity

Super Seniors

Saxton- I want the midrange to be second nature to her, confidence in her shot and also no longer getting baited into jumping into opponents pump fakes.

Fletcher- get healthy and play with the ferocity she had before the injury

Seniors

Boston- continue to be her, would love to see higher percentage shooting from all areas of the floor and improvement with her passing

Beal- confidence in her shot, no more hesitation and make every team regret sagging off her. If she makes them at a decent clip she's going pro and in the first round

Cooke- play consistently with a high IQ, don't get inside her head if she misses a shot. Leadership for the guards.

Amihere- play consistently with a high IQ, play strong and use her height to her advantage without fouling. Know when it's best to make use of her tool set.

Thompson- be ready when her number's called and try to keep up defensively. If she can do enough defensively she might can actually get a few minutes if we're in need of someone to stretch the floor.

Junior(s)

Cardoso- find the dog that's in her. Use her size to her advantage and don't hesitate to high percentage shots. If I'm in the coaching staff, I'll give Cardoso the green light to be as physical as she can and earn her fouls. Once she learns to dominate, we're not losing a game this season.

Sophomores

Hall- keep her same high energy, but keep it all under control

Feagin- make the best use of her time, continue to let the game come to her.

Raven- stay healthy, her game is perfect for Gamecock basketball she just need the on court experience to supplement it.

Freshmen

Cooper- play at a high IQ and continue to fill up a stat sheet. She's going to dangerous by the time she graduates.

Watkins - stay dominant and let the game come to her. Make the most of her minutes, her midrange game could be the key as to how much minutes she will play this season

Last edited:

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
What I want to see from this team this season.

-First and foremost I want to this team a whole to be healthy and for the chemistry of this to remain positive and be even better than last season.

-Improved shooting from range while maintaining our defensive intensity

Super Seniors

Saxton- I want the midrange to be second nature to her, confidence in her shot and no longer getting baited into jumpshots

Fletcher- get healthy and play with the ferocity she had before the injury

Seniors

Boston- continue to be her, would love to see higher percentage shooting from all areas of the floor and improvement with her passing

Beal- confidence in her shot, no more hesitation and make every team regret sagging off her. If she makes them at a decent clip she's going pro and in the first round

Cooke- play consistently with a high IQ, don't get inside her head if she misses a shot. Leadership for the guards.

Amihere- play consistently with a high IQ, play strong and use her height to her advantage without fouling. Know when it's best to make use of her tool set.

Thompson- be ready when her number's called and try to keep up defensively. If she can do enough defensively she might can actually get a few minutes if we're in need of someone to stretch the floor.

Junior(s)

Cardoso- find the dog that's in her. Use her size to her advantage and don't hesitate to high percentage shots. If I'm in the coaching staff, I'll give Cardoso the green light to be as physical as she can and earn her fouls. Once she learns to dominate, we're not losing a game this season.

Sophomores

Hall- keep her same high energy, but keep it all under control

Feagin- make the best use of her time, continue to let the game come to her.

Raven- stay healthy, her game is perfect for Gamecock basketball she just need the on court experience to supplement it.

Freshmen

Cooper- play at a high IQ and continue to fill up a stat sheet. She's going to dangerous by the time she graduates.

Watkins - stay dominant and let the game come to her. Make the most of her minutes, her midrange game could be the key as to how much minutes she will play this season
The only thing separating Saxton and Kiki was the fact the Kiki had that 6-8 ft jump shot away from the basket that she nailed every single time. They are both awesome defensively and very similar in game play. If Saxton gets the little jump shot Kiki had, then she would dominate on another level. That little shot from Kiki is what helped her and us as a team to be so good her senior year before Covid hit.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
The only thing separating Saxton and Kiki was the fact the Kiki had that 6-8 ft jump shot away from the basket that she nailed every single time. They are both awesome defensively and very similar in game play. If Saxton gets the little jump shot Kiki had, then she would dominate on another level. That little shot from Kiki is what helped her and us as a team to be so good her senior year before Covid hit.
They are a little more different than that. Kiki had decent handles and her range was basically went all the way back till a foot inside the 3 point range. Also she grew into a decent 3 point shooter when took them as well.

What separates Saxton to me is that she's is a more reliable role player and her knack for rebounding is much better as well. She is very much a low maintenance, high performance player that could go pro with some additions to her game.

Reactions: Garnet Breeze

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Kiki was a 40% 3pt shooter. It isn’t just a 6-8 footer, but a 12-15 footer and a consistent 3pt shot.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
Kiki was a 40% 3pt shooter. It isn’t just a 6-8 footer, but a 12-15 footer and a consistent 3pt shot.
I know it was more than that short shot but that sometimes is difficult, particularly from the wing and that was what helped her go to the next level. It was very hard for anyone to defend her with that shot because they were focusing on Boston alot and didnt want to leave her. That left Kiki open for it alot and she nailed it every time. I love Saxton alot and have from day one and was thrilled she came back. if she can consistently nail that type of shot it will take this team to the next level which is almost unstoppable. People cant fall off of Boston to defend it because they dont want to eave her open and want to double team her. It would be one more insane weapon for this team.

Reactions: winloseortie