2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Congrats to both Boston and Cardosa for having double-doubles against Memphis. Feagin had 11 points so it's good to see her playing more and scoring.

Reactions: CWW

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
I just love Feagin. She rarely misses her layups and is getting better on defense. I never thought that the bench would be more crowded than last year but somehow it is even with less players. Hope everyone stays happy bc next year we will need them!!!

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Beal & Saxton are warriors and have seen/been thru it all, but their lack of offensive development is severely hampering the team at the start of games and second halves; love their heart & grit on D, but many times this season, we appear extremely stale on offense when both are in together. LA & Cardoso as ’co-sixths’ is very good strategy as a second wave, as they are arguably the two best non-starters in Women’s hoops. It won’t happen, but for a game or two, I would love to see DS switch out Beal & Saxton for some combo of Hall/Watkins/Feagin and check the results.

Last edited:

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Over the last 3 games since returning from not seeing any action versus Cal Poly, Cardoso has scored 45 pts on 20-28 (.714) shooting, with 33 rebounds and 10 blocks in 60 minutes of action. That's an average of 15.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, and 3.3 bpg, in 20 mpg of action. The light seems to have come on for Kamilla.

During the same stretch of games, Boston has scored 38 pts on 11-18 (.611) shooting, with 24 rebounds and 7 blocks. Of course, Boston is dealing with an ankle sprain. But it's a great luxury to have both Boston and Cardoso when they are playing at full strength....

Reactions: CWW and cockyclt

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Rickea Jackson did not dress for Vols today vs Va Tech. Coach’s decision. Anyone know what’s up with that?

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
Beal & Saxton are warriors and have seen/been thru it all, but their lack of offensive development is severely hampering the team at the start of games and second halves; love their heart & grit on D, but many times this season, we appear extremely stale offensively when both are in together. LA & Cardoso as ’co-sixths’ is very good strategy as a second wave, as they are arguably the two best non-starters in Women’s hoops. It won’t happen, but for a game or two, I would love to see DS switch out Beal & Saxton for some combo ofHall/Watkins/Feagin and check the
Rickea Jackson did not dress for Vols today vs Va Tech. Coach’s decision. Anyone know what’s up with that?
Ok not sure how I tagged both posts but I wonder if Rickea is in doghouse. Her attitude In games has been poor so I wonder how it’s been in practice. Just a guess of course 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: cockyclt

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Rickea Jackson was trouble at MSU as far as I remember...She wants to be the star above all others, not so much a team player...

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Rickea Jackson was trouble at MSU as far as I remember...She wants to be the star above all others, not so much a team player...
That's not true. She was well regarded there and was praised for sticking it out through a few different coaching changes.

Reactions: winloseortie

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I see where those UConn girls took a substantial loss to ND today - 14 points.
Fudd went out early in the second quarter with an injury. She never returned. That explains some of it.
What shocked me was ND shot 56% against UConn. They also absolutely dominated the glass and ND is not a particularly tall team.

We have flaws but keep winning due to talent, mental toughness and DS’s ability to make in game adjustments.
The two teams that most impress me this early in the season are Stanford and Indiana

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Here is a post game quote from Harper. I am unclear whether she is talking about intensity of practice or the absence of Jackson

"They had to have a lot of grit to get through practice this week. We told them that's not a one-time thing, that's forevermore. And now, moving forward, in the immediate future, we've got to find how to continue to have that toughness, that grit."

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
And on the UConn front not only did they lose to ND but Fudd got hurt. ND shot 56% and dominated the boards.

Fudd got hurt in the first quarter but Geno reinserted into the game in the second quarter until it was clear that her mobility was limited. It took him 4 minutes to figure that out!

His quote after the game seemed puzzling to me, like he was not taking her injury seriously.

UConn coach Geno Auriemma told reporters postgame that he "think she'll be alright" and decided to keep her out as a precaution, adding he's "guessing" Fudd will be available on Thursday when the Huskies host Princeton.

Ducharme also played limited minutes so I’m not sure if she is healthy. Juhasz is also presently out with an injury

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Rickea Jackson out indefinitely. I could see that coming a mile away.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Beal & Saxton are warriors and have seen/been thru it all, but their lack of offensive development is severely hampering the team at the start of games and second halves; love their heart & grit on D, but many times this season, we appear extremely stale on offense when both are in together. LA & Cardoso as ’co-sixths’ is very good strategy as a second wave, as they are arguably the two best non-starters in Women’s hoops. It won’t happen, but for a game or two, I would love to see DS switch out Beal & Saxton for some combo of Hall/Watkins/Feagin and check the results.
It's clear we miss Destanni. She was both a veteran point guard and a 3rd scoring option in the starting lineup. I don't think Dawn has the luxury of playing both Beal and Saxton in the starting lineup this season; not if they can't hit a midrrange jump shot. Cardoso gives the team a 3rd legit scoring option when she's playing with Zia and Boston.

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
watched some of the Georgia/NC State game last night. Georgia's squad definitely appears to have had a facelift with quite a few transfers playing the majority of minutes from the parts I saw. was weird watching them play without Jenna Staiti clogging up the lane - seemed like she was there forever. As for State, I know they are ranked top 10, but they seem so-so. Rivers looked ok, not great. also, she looks thinner this season (it could just be me) & seemed a bit passive at times on D. she did hit one clean 3 (missed a few too).

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Newest bracketology is out and I feel somewhat vindicated for now. Preseason they had 9 SEC teams in and 2 on the bubble. I screamed loudly no way, MAYBE 6, it is down year with a ton of graduation. Well this week, 6 teams with 4 on the bubble. Of the 6 that are in we have an 8, 9, and 10 seed

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Seeing where it’s being reported that Azzi Fudd is out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury (suffered against ND last Sunday). Kid can’t catch a break. With the amount of injuries she has already had in her young career (HS & college), UConn would be wise not to rush her back.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Seeing where it’s being reported that Azzi Fudd is out 3-6 weeks with a knee injury (suffered against ND last Sunday). Kid can’t catch a break. With the amount of injuries she has already had in her young career (HS & college), UConn would be wise not to rush her back.
And Geno PUT HER BACK IN THE GAME AFTER SHE WAS INJURED!! Compare that to how DS handled Boston “tweaking” her ankle. Straight to the training room and immediately put her in a boot.
I know injuries happen. But putting Fudd back in the game and how they really didn’t let Ducharme rest long enough after her injury and concussions last season. Well….

Right now UCONN has 8 healthy players and two of them, DeBerry and Bettencourt have played a COMBINED 51 minutes in 7 games

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
So Tamari Key is not in the arena for UT game tonight vs UT Chattanooga. Any clues? anyone?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
BG IS FREE.
All should rejoice that a political prisoner is free.
All should pray and work for the release of Paul Whelan and all others unjustly imprisoned.
That is all. Rejoice that someone is free and work for others

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Wow! Wonder if this is something that she will ever be able to come back from? So sad!
I have two close friends in life who suffered severe blood clots. It took both about a year to recover fully.They were both able to resume very active lifestyles but are on meds for the rest of their lives. Don’t know what it means for a pro athlete? Hoping health for Tamari and look forward to seeing her outrageously long lashes back on the court

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Key didn't really look right all season. She needs to take care of herself. Value your health, friends.

Reactions: atl-cock

Latest posts