2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
It shameful neither Trump nor Biden secured his release. I hope he is home soon.

The pot stirrer in me hopes DS invites BG to the LSU game. Would pay extra to see that
Agree that the current administration should have insisted on both Whelan and Griner be released in exchange for such a high profile asset as the murderous enemy of America, Viktor Bout. The exchange for a single drug offender was not a well negotiated deal, as we held the better cards. Purely a calculated political move which did not serve all the American people well.

Reactions: TN-Gamecock

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Agree that the current administration should have insisted on both Whelan and Griner be released in exchange for such a high profile asset as the murderous enemy of America, Viktor Bout. The exchange for a single drug offender was not a well negotiated deal, as we held the better cards. Purely a calculated political move which did not serve all the American people well.
Viktor Bout is not really a need or is of worth to Putin. His release date was anticipated in a few years and the closer he got to his release date, the less likely Russia would be willing to trade for him. Russia had all the leverage because they simply don't care about it's people. The only reason Russia probably even agreed to this deal is due to how the war isn't going well for them and Putin needs a political win right now. So if you can broker a deal now, noyou take it and Whelan wasn't on the table.

Speaking of Whelan we must be aware that we would probably have to ask for 3-5 prisoners to swap for him. Not only was he a former marine, but he was caught on espionage charges, that include a USB with classified information, 80k in cash and 4 passports. As much many have been critical of Griner and her one mistake, Whelan deserved way more flak trying to spy in Russia and expect an easy release.

At the end of the day what US wanted was way too ambitious for what Russia would ever agree to. Instead of Whelan they should have put a deal in for Marc Fogel .

Reactions: winloseortie

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Back to basketball, UConn seems to be cursed. Last night they barely beat Princeton and their point guard sustained a minor head injury. It's only the first week of December and I believe over half the team is injured.

Reactions: USCrbCOCK

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Back to basketball, UConn seems to be cursed. Last night they barely beat Princeton and their point guard sustained a minor head injury. It's only the first week of December and I believe over half the team is injured.
UCONN finished the game with 7 healthy players. And quite frankly Ducharme is not 100%. Two of whom almost never play DeBerry and Bettencourt.
Two of UCONN’s recruits that left last year are tearing it up at their new schools. Mir McClean at UVA and Saylor Poffenbarger at Arkansas

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
UCONN finished the game with 7 healthy players. And quite frankly Ducharme is not 100%. Two of whom almost never play DeBerry and Bettencourt.
Two of UCONN’s recruits that left last year are tearing it up at their new schools. Mir McClean at UVA and Saylor Poffenbarger at Arkansas
I'm glad they left and went somewhere that will actually use them. I don't know if any of UConn's incoming recruits are eligible to enroll early but with all the injuries they could get a golden opportunity to potentially play.

Garnet Breeze

Feb 2, 2022
And Geno PUT HER BACK IN THE GAME AFTER SHE WAS INJURED!! Compare that to how DS handled Boston “tweaking” her ankle. Straight to the training room and immediately put her in a boot.
I know injuries happen. But putting Fudd back in the game and how they really didn’t let Ducharme rest long enough after her injury and concussions last season. Well….

Right now UCONN has 8 healthy players and two of them, DeBerry and Bettencourt have played a COMBINED 51 minutes in 7 games
I will never forget the circumstances around Bueckers knee injury last season. Geno never took her out for a breath the whole game and had her in there during the last minute of a blowout where she had the slight slip that caused her to hyperextend and injure her knee. Ridiculous.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Viktor Bout is not really a need or is of worth to Putin. His release date was anticipated in a few years and the closer he got to his release date, the less likely Russia would be willing to trade for him. Russia had all the leverage because they simply don't care about it's people. The only reason Russia probably even agreed to this deal is due to how the war isn't going well for them and Putin needs a political win right now. So if you can broker a deal now, noyou take it and Whelan wasn't on the table.

Speaking of Whelan we must be aware that we would probably have to ask for 3-5 prisoners to swap for him. Not only was he a former marine, but he was caught on espionage charges, that include a USB with classified information, 80k in cash and 4 passports. As much many have been critical of Griner and her one mistake, Whelan deserved way more flak trying to spy in Russia and expect an easy release.

At the end of the day what US wanted was way too ambitious for what Russia would ever agree to. Instead of Whelan they should have put a deal in for Marc Fogel .
Putin played Biden like a gold harp! Set him up perfectly and then delivered the Whelan phone call. Biden should have held strong on the negotiations. Unless of course, this is going to be framed as more "Russian misinformation", then its just business as usual.

Reactions: USCrbCOCK

USCrbCOCK

Joined Dec 7, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 19, 2022

Sorry. I call BS. We caved. It really us that simple. Another embarrassing chapter in the Biden debacle.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Update on national defensive stats
We are even better than last year. We won a title on defense. Our offense and shooting % is significantly better this year but we will on D
#1 blocked shots
#1 avg points allowed per game
#1 defensive shooting% in fact if you were to only count our 3 worst games (Maryland, Stanford and UCLA) we would still be # 35 in the country and 4th in the SEC.
#2 rebound margin

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Not nearly as embarrassing as DT who literally did nothing for Paul Whelan.
DT is not the current President and did not trade a mass murdering arms dealer for a drug offender. DT would not have made such a weak, unbalanced and irresponsible trade. Biden has also done nothing for Paul Whelan and chose to leave the US Marine out of the trade negotiation when Putin says it was a viable option.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
DT is not the current President and did not trade a mass murdering arms dealer for a drug offender. DT would not have made such a weak, unbalanced and irresponsible trade. Biden has also done nothing for Paul Whelan and chose to leave the US Marine out of the trade negotiation when Putin says it was a viable option.
Putin is undoubtedly considering what other criminals he might be able to extricate in a separate deal for Whelan and/or others. He has to be salivating over the prospect.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Putin is undoubtedly considering what other criminals he might be able to extricate in a separate deal for Whelan and/or others. He has to be salivating over the prospect.
Waiting for us to send more basketball players with drug habits who think they are above the law or that can claim ignorance.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Waiting for us to send more basketball players with drug habits who think they are above the law or that can claim ignorance.
I've said all I intend to say on this thread and on this board about this. I know how I feel. You know how I feel. But I also would rather see sports remain sports. I'll desist if everyone else is willing.

Reactions: atl-cock

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I've said all I intend to say on this thread and on this board about this. I know how I feel. You know how I feel. But I also would rather see sports remain sports. I'll desist if everyone else is willing.
:) Agreed

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Well of course

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thoughts on Tenn

what a mashup of bad luck, less than stellar attitude, and a coach who has mismanaged a locker room filled with preseason top 5 talent

They sit at 5-5 with I feel certain losses at UCONN, @Stanford, Gamecocks, @LSU and probably @ARK.

Quite honestly they are still better than everyone else on their schedule. I don’t think they win out the rest of their games to go 13-3 in conference to go 21-10 heading into SEC tournament. I’m not sure they would make the NCAA’s at 21-10 with no top 25 victories.

Reactions: DarkCock

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022

And their top offensive player - after Bueckers and Fudd, who are both dealing with injuries (Bueckers out for the season) - Lou Lopez Sanchez sustained a foot injury versus Princeton too. I don't think it is as serious as any of the others, but it could hamper her ability on the court for the next week or so. She was expected to help carry the offensive load while Fudd was out. Going back to above comments regarding Fudd and Bueckers playing on injuries, the word on The Boneyard is that Lopez Sanchez already was dealing with the ankle injury, and tweaked it in the Princeton game.

She played 35 minutes of the game, was subbed out at the 4:19 mark of the 4th Period (so she had played 35 minutes of the 35:41 minutes of game time more or less, at the time) with her team leading by 9 pts, and then Princeton got within 2 pts at least twice in the final minutes, and she never came back in.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamekem

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
No I didn’t see her either but my buddy and I ran into Kamilla after the game

I hope you didn't hurt her!!! :mad:

And we shot 6-13 from the 3-pt line against Liberty today - that's a good shot in the arm (sorry, anti-vaxxers) for the season stats on 3-pt shooting. We have a tough South Dakota State at their place next this Thursday, then have two more OOC opponents versus Charleston Southern and Coastal Carolina, for more opportunities for stat-padding and bench play before the SEC schedule kicks off.....

Reactions: cockyclt

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Early look at South Dakota state

Over the last 14 years they have been to the NCAA Tournament 10 times. Of The four times they missed, once to Covid, twice they were regular season champs and lost in their conference finals. They have a winning system and a culture

They are more talented than you think. Tough D and efficient O and rebound very well.What they don’t have is Aliyah or Kamilla, But 6 footers all over the court.

This could be a blowout but I don’t think so. They have beaten ranked teams Louisville and Kansas state. Also Miss. St. and Rutgers. They played ranked Creighton and UCLA within 10 points. Our size but not our talent will an adjustment for them. Selland, Timmer, and Burckhard all average double digit points and are 6’0”.

Overall they are a good shooting team but shoot the 3 poorly. A very puzzling stat is that they only have 115 turnovers in 10 games, 11.5 per game. An excellent number BUT 84 of those turnovers WERE STEALS! I expect at lot of on ball pressure and a pressing D at times.

Honestly this could be a 40 point victory or a 10 point game in which they doggedly stick around. Depends on our D and if they can find new and weird ways to stymie our bigs

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
In her post game interview Dawn gave a lot high praise for Feagin. She states that she's extra hard on Feagin, she believes she's the best post player on team as it relates to natural talent, even including Aliyah.
In 13 minutes of play against Liberty, Feagin's numbers: 14 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal.

In 14 minutes of play against Liberty, Saxton's numbers: 4 points, ZERO rebounds, 1 steal, 1 assist, 0 blocks.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
Looks like early enrollees in WBB will start to become the norm. Like Chloe Kitts one our former recruits in Prosper is doing the same at Notre Dame.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Early look at South Dakota state

Over the last 14 years they have been to the NCAA Tournament 10 times. Of The four times they missed, once to Covid, twice they were regular season champs and lost in their conference finals. They have a winning system and a culture

They are more talented than you think. Tough D and efficient O and rebound very well.What they don’t have is Aliyah or Kamilla, But 6 footers all over the court.

This could be a blowout but I don’t think so. They have beaten ranked teams Louisville and Kansas state. Also Miss. St. and Rutgers. They played ranked Creighton and UCLA within 10 points. Our size but not our talent will an adjustment for them. Selland, Timmer, and Burckhard all average double digit points and are 6’0”.

Overall they are a good shooting team but shoot the 3 poorly. A very puzzling stat is that they only have 115 turnovers in 10 games, 11.5 per game. An excellent number BUT 84 of those turnovers WERE STEALS! I expect at lot of on ball pressure and a pressing D at times.

Honestly this could be a 40 point victory or a 10 point game in which they doggedly stick around. Depends on our D and if they can find new and weird ways to stymie our bigs
Off topic I know, but Jackrabbit football has made it to the final four.

Dreaus

Sep 10, 2022
If you want a sneak peek at S. Dak. St they play tonight at 7 on ESN+
They are not an efficient 3 point team. They had their beat 3 point output of the season while hitting 10 of 20 shots. The tallest player stands 6-1. They are not very quick and suffer from double digit turnovers.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
They are not an efficient 3 point team. They had their beat 3 point output of the season while hitting 10 of 20 shots. The tallest player stands 6-1. They are not very quick and suffer from double digit turnovers.
I was not really impressed either. With what you said you would never guess they won the game by 40 points.

I can imagine L’ville and K state saying the same thing and they both went home with L’s. I have zero expectations of us losing but you have to respect what they have done against the schedule they have played.

Looking at 3 pt shooting, until last night they were at 28%. Last year with pretty much the same team they almost led the country in 3 pt%. Despite their lack of size they DOMINATED L’ville, K State and Miss.St on the boards. They battled UCLA to a standstill on the boards, a team that gave us fits on the glass

We will win. It won’t be as close as UCLA, 9 points. It will be closer than an 8-3 Clemson team, 54 points

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I was not really impressed either. With what you said you would never guess they won the game by 40 points.

I can imagine L’ville and K state saying the same thing and they both went home with L’s. I have zero expectations of us losing but you have to respect what they have done against the schedule they have played.

Looking at 3 pt shooting, until last night they were at 28%. Last year with pretty much the same team they almost led the country in 3 pt%. Despite their lack of size they DOMINATED L’ville, K State and Miss.St on the boards. They battled UCLA to a standstill on the boards, a team that gave us fits on the glass

We will win. It won’t be as close as UCLA, 9 points. It will be closer than an 8-3 Clemson team, 54 points
Yes, the Jack Rabbits domination on the boards in their 3 biggest wins stood out to me as well. Impressive considering they are not particularly long or athletic.

I can see SD St keeping it close. We don't blow out teams early like the 2019-2020 team. However, we will eventually overwhelm them with our depth.

Last edited:

Latest posts