2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Dreaus

Sep 10, 2022
I was not really impressed either. With what you said you would never guess they won the game by 40 points.

I can imagine L’ville and K state saying the same thing and they both went home with L’s. I have zero expectations of us losing but you have to respect what they have done against the schedule they have played.

Looking at 3 pt shooting, until last night they were at 28%. Last year with pretty much the same team they almost led the country in 3 pt%. Despite their lack of size they DOMINATED L’ville, K State and Miss.St on the boards. They battled UCLA to a standstill on the boards, a team that gave us fits on the glass

We will win. It won’t be as close as UCLA, 9 points. It will be closer than an 8-3 Clemson team, 54 points
What stands out with this team is that they have jelled because they have played together for many seasons. This is why on paper, their opponents are left wondering why they struggled with this opponent. I believe our depth will wear them down.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I saw in the State article about Chloe, that Dawn said that she intends for Chloe to play this season. I'm kinda shocked, she's forgoing her eligibility for half of a season.

Last edited:
Reactions: winloseortie

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I saw in the State article about Chloe, that Dawn said that she intends for Chloe to play this season. I'm kinda shocked, she's forging her eligibility for half of a season.
I don’t think DS is just going to blindly put Chloe in a game. Any decision on playing time I am sure will be mutually agreed upon. DS’s mantra has always been you earn playing time in practice. Chloe might have game that helps us this year but NOBODY gets charity minutes

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I don’t think DS is just going to blindly put Chloe in a game. Any decision on playing time I am sure will be mutually agreed upon. DS’s mantra has always been you earn playing time in practice. Chloe might have game that helps us this year but NOBODY gets charity minutes
I figured as much, but I'm still surprised she's playing. I thought she was coming in early mainly for Molly to transform her body for the college game.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I figured as much, but I'm still surprised she's playing. I thought she was coming in early mainly for Molly to transform her body for the college game.
I think DS is holding out the carrot for Chloe. I think she is also looking forward to next year. Get Chloe ready and you have an experienced 7 player rotation for next season With all being able to play multiple positions.

ReadR00ster

Dec 14, 2022
Chloe is a baller and probably the most competitive and driven, hard-working young lady I have ever seen in my life from what I have seen of her. I have a feeling she's going to be counted as one of the all-time greats to don Gamecock jersey. I can't argue with letting her get to work right away and start building chemistry. She looks thin, but she's tough, good in transition, and is one of our better shooters. I think she'll provide good energy off the bench everyone will get a little better with her in the mix. Just my gut feeling.

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Chloe is a baller and probably the most competitive and driven, hard-working young lady I have ever seen in my life from what I have seen of her. I have a feeling she's going to be counted as one of the all-time greats to don Gamecock jersey. I can't argue with letting her get to work right away and start building chemistry. She looks thin, but she's tough, good in transition, and is one of our better shooters. I think she'll provide good energy off the bench everyone will get a little better with her in the mix. Just my gut feeling.
Stewie?

ReadR00ster

Dec 14, 2022
Laying off the Stewie comparions is probably wise. That is setting the bar a bit too high. She doesn't have that kind of beautiful game and fluid movement. But she is adept at getting her defenders off balance and hitting shots at all kinds of awkward angles.

Reactions: Gamekem

vacock

Jan 20, 2022
Laying off the Stewie comparions is probably wise. That is setting the bar a bit too high. She doesn't have that kind of beautiful game and fluid movement. But she is adept at getting her defenders off balance and hitting shots at all kinds of awkward angles.
Ok, it’s Mad Kiki comparison next?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Two thoughts on Geno

Condolences on the death of his 91yo mom. I had no idea she was still alive. She did well.

The portal is going to force Geno to change his style of playing the starters 35 minutes a game. Players are not going to just sit and wait. Two cases in point. Mir McLean and Saylor Poffenbarger both were Fr. at UCONN last season and left by Christmas. They were top recruits and were getting zero PT. Mir is averaging 13&10 at UVA and Saylor 8.5 & 8.7 at Ark. They would be a godsend on the UCONN bench right now.

DS’s philosophy is “I’ve got an Olympic team. Everyone can play and everyone deserves time. How do I utilize them all with the opponent at hand.”
She said yesterday in the presser that she wanted teams to have to prepare a 13 player scouting report

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
I watched a replay of Kansas and Arizona game in Tucson last night. The size of the crowd surprised me. There were alot of people there; definitely more than our men draw. Unfortunately, Zona got beat down by 27. The Kim Mulkey-esque OOC scheduling caught up with the Wildcats. Nevertheless, it was good to see that support for WBB continues to grow.

Reactions: winloseortie

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
I watched a replay of Kansas and Arizona game in Tucson last night. The size of the crowd surprised me. There were alot of people there; definitely more than our men draw. Unfortunately, Zona got beat down by 27. The Kim Mulkey-esque OOC scheduling caught up with the Wildcats. Nevertheless, it was good to see that support for WBB continues to grow.
WBB fan support is growing every year. It helps that UCONN is no longer a foregone conclusion as champs. The depth of the player pool is expanding and a base level of parity has crept into P5 with some exceptions. HELLO VANDY!

The game needs more mid majors to be competitive. It is still pretty much chalk when it comes to the tournament

Oh and by the way Zona has a VERY tough OOC….. compared to LSU

Reactions: DarkCock

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022

Everybody seems to want Blanca Thomas and I agree, but Kate Koval may be better...
Here is the quote from SportsCenter, "No. 11 Long Island Lutheran girls are 4-0 after a weekend that included a win over no. 7 Bishop McNamara. espnW Super 60 juniors Kayleigh Heckel and Kate Koval went OFF"...If I remember correctly Kennedy Ume plays for Bishop McNamara that we are recruiting as well...I watched the highlights and Koval might be better than Thomas. Koval has been in the US for only a couple of years...

Reactions: cockyclt

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022

Everybody seems to want Blanca Thomas and I agree, but Kate Koval may be better...
Here is the quote from SportsCenter, "No. 11 Long Island Lutheran girls are 4-0 after a weekend that included a win over no. 7 Bishop McNamara. espnW Super 60 juniors Kayleigh Heckel and Kate Koval went OFF"...If I remember correctly Kennedy Ume plays for Bishop McNamara that we are recruiting as well...I watched the highlights and Koval might be better than Thomas. Koval has been in the US for only a couple of years...
Another name to keep in mind is 6’5”/6” Adhel Tac who is in Texas. We are recruiting and she has expressed strong interest

Reactions: cockyclt

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Two lines of the evening
Brea Beal 9 pts 6 reb 6 steals 5 blocks 3 assists

Rebecca Lobo at halftime
“Everyone has the same game plan on offense when they play South Carolina….. pray.”

check out what she is talking about from the National stats
#1 Blocked shots
#1 points allowed per game
#1 defensive fg%
#2 rebound margin
#4 3 pt defensive fg%

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Two lines of the evening
Brea Beal 9 pts 6 reb 6 steals 5 blocks 3 assists

Rebecca Lobo at halftime
“Everyone has the same game plan on offense when they play South Carolina….. pray.”

check out what she is talking about from the National stats
#1 Blocked shots
#1 points allowed per game
#1 defensive fg%
#2 rebound margin
#4 3 pt defensive fg%
Tough to win when you can't score!

vacock

Jan 20, 2022
Just another ref moment or does this deserve further comment?

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Just another ref moment or does this deserve further comment?

Before there was reserved seating I frequently sat behind the gamecock bench. DS has a very colorful and emphatic vocabulary. Not as colorful and as potty mouthed coach K, but close, very close.

LA talks smack and is funny!! Against Liberty, their guard pushed off on her to try and get open. LA said, “Go ahead, push off! with those short arms you can’t push me far enough to help you anyways.”

Last edited:
Reactions: vacock

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Just 3 minutes of playing time for Eniya Russell.
UK looked….???? sad, wretched, choose your own word.

Will be interested to see if they press us and leave us in 1v1 open court situations.

Russell has not made the top 7 rotation and they are playing her at forward. She has 2 DNP coach’s decision. She will play more minutes than she did here but not that many more. And on a bad team. I am hoping good things will happen for her.

Reactions: DarkCock

Latest posts