2024 B1G Tourney Session I Thread

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
I’m disappointed, but they obviously think he can go in the national tournament or we would have seen Bearclaw. Better to be a four timer than risk it here. Cael plays chess, everyone else plays checkers.

Is Carter gonna be healthy for the NCAA Tournament? Opinions?
Good point by LB99. If Carter couldn't go in two weeks, we would have seen Bearclaw today.

BigBankFrank

May 24, 2022
So where does Carter get seeded at nationals? I remember Nolf had to injury default at the Big Ten’s, but can’t remember where he was seeded at nationals.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
So where does Carter get seeded at nationals? I remember Nolf had to injury default at the Big Ten’s, but can’t remember where he was seeded at nationals.
I read something saying probably around 4?

Psuproud

Nov 1, 2021
I am generally annoyed but escape calls, nothing positionally changes between Fisher and Salazar but they waited to make the escape call then immediately call a stalemate after the call.

hohmadw1978

Oct 7, 2021
I have met and know Carter over the last two years. He sent me a message that he will be ready to go for a fourth title.

@GregPickel articles highlighted the type of knee injury with comments from Coach Sanderson. I posted on a previous thread that there is no structural damage in his knee.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
nolf was 3. had more matches though which will affect win % metric. I think we were talking about 5-6ish being most likely when the injury happened.

Reactions: WV lion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I have met and know Carter over the last two years. He sent me a message that he will be ready to go for a fourth title.

@GregPickel articles highlighted the type of knee injury with comments from Coach Sanderson. I posted on a previous thread that there is no structural damage in his knee.
Carter looked unhappy. Was it a game time decision and Cael said no? Was there a chance he was going to go this weekend?

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I’m disappointed, but they obviously think he can go in the national tournament or we would have seen Bearclaw. Better to be a four timer than risk it here. Cael plays chess, everyone else plays checkers.

Word on campus is they resurrected Mr Miyagi to treat his knee.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
PSWC says team scores: Michigan 48.5 Penn State 47.5. Is that accurate?
It’s a little slow to update sometimes. I find it slows way down during Nationals when we are all on it trying to get updates.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
It’s a little slow to update sometimes. I find it slows way down during Nationals when we are all on it trying to get updates.

Thanks, 99. Probably doesn't help that I am constantly punching the refresh button. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

gimb14

May 3, 2022
For the first time since 2014, all of our wrestlers have qualified for the NCAA championship.
It's such a rare accomplishment. Other teams actually do it more than us during this run, but that's mainly because of our normal 125 hole. Nice seeing that not being an issue for the foreseeable future

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Bernie Truax scores the first takedown and then allows an escape to Layne Malczewski to lead 3-1. The Spartan escapes to start the second and lead 3-2. He ends up winning 7-2 and will move into the semifinals. Sorry for the limited play by play, trying to track him and Brooks at once and the screen froze and that didn't help.

1Maddog

Oct 31, 2021
Bernie Truax scores the first takedown and then allows an escape to Layne Malczewski to lead 3-1. The Spartan escapes to start the second and lead 3-2. He ends up winning 7-2 and will move into the semifinals. Sorry for the limited play by play, trying to track him and Brooks at once and the screen froze and that didn't help.
Truax into the semi?

Reactions: Augie

Grove Lion

Oct 31, 2021
I not a doctor, but Carter looked fine. Zero limp or gait change.

He also didn't look happy. Pitty the field at Nationals.
I have severed both ACLs over the years. Never had a limp or gait change. I just couldn't play racquetball or cut as one does in a WR rout... certainly couldn't wrestle. Have to be careful when walking dogs ( stepping in a hole) or quickly turning around in the kitchen, but generally speaking, no one would notice I have no ACLs. Carter obviously doesn't have that injury but a limp or gait change isn't automatic with a knee injury.

Latest posts