2024 B1G Tourney Session I Thread

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
Couple of things (just my opinions):
1.) Why the BTN didn't let the "quad mat shot" on the whole time was idiotic. You could see each match well, and had the score and time for each one. A fan from any of the teams would have been satisfied, and not missed their wrestlers match!
2.) Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but, the girl who was reporting from matside seemed to be covering the Buckeyes only. I'm sure I heard her 3 times, and, each time the Ohio State wrestler lost. That was odd, to say the least.
Ya they were only showing quad view briefly …perhaps a tease to get more Plus subscribers…

…perhaps figuring everyone would see plenty of our guys in the semis and finals so rarely showed them this morning…I mostly listened to Ironhead…watched off and on…for a while his feed was only 4seconds ahead of BTN… then suddenly went out to a minute and a half…

To my previous understanding, sideline reporter Hannah Mears is a Penn State grad…if I understood the conversation with Sparks this morning, she is engaged to former Ohio State wrestler/ current Pitt coach Luke Pletcher.

Reactions: BrianS

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
6-3 or 5-4 is realistic. Lemley and Franek are tricky. The extra loss I have at 5-4 is for Davis. I know he beat DeAugustino, but there's an experience factor. I'd pick Davis though.
Didn’t Haines already embarrass Franek? He beat the snot out of him, correct?

Reactions: Lion in KY

gimb14

May 3, 2022
True, he's still good though. I said tricky, not likely to lose.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Going into these tourneys, Penn State's offensive aggressiveness is well-established, based on takedown disparity alone. So why does it seem we draw a disproportionate number of stall warnings? I mean, opponents are turtled out for whole periods at a time yet OUR guys draw the stalls. Makes me dislike the B1G even more (if possible).

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
No doubt he meant he punched his ticket to the NCAA tournament which is the final tournament of the season. It's obtuse to think he claimed he punched his ticket to the weight class final.
Not an incorrect take, but
maybe @1Maddog was just nitpicking.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Watching session one and the scroll at the bottom of BTN broadcast has RBY against Tyler Wells (Minn) in bout 65 and Nagao is bout 66. ???

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
I not a doctor, but Carter looked fine. Zero limp or gait change.

He also didn't look happy. Pitty the field at Nationals.
Assuming Starocci had medical clearance, could be a case where Cael felt that the knee could easily handle the stress and strain of everyday walking or jogging, but the stress and strain of a series of NCAA Championship wrestling matches might be something else, that the NCAA-, not B1G-, Championship was the team's stated goal and that giving the nation's best pound-for-pound wrestler another ten-or-so days to heal could only help insure that goal is reached.

Not to mention that he probably also felt his team might be at least half-decent even without Carter.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
latest I've seen on this question:

I’m sure there’s some more up to date info on Carter’s seed, and two beers in I’m not prepared to dispute the ‘experts’ call, but Carter is like David Taylor, Ed Ruth, Zain, Bo or Jason… where it really doesn’t matter where he is seeded, he’s gonna win it all. I Love wrestling!