2024 B1G Tourney Session I Thread

henrymale

Oct 31, 2021
Does he get the riding time point?
Could be wrong...although my wife isn't here, so the odds just went up...but riding time points are awarded at the end of three rounds. In this case AB won by tech fall before the end of 3 rounds.....riding point is inconsequential.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Greg Kerkvliet has Tabor in major trouble but made his way out of a great turn by Kerkvliet who built a 10-0 lead on the strength of that, a takedown, and three previous nearfall points. Kerkvliet ultimately wins 15-0 by technical fall in 3:25. Penn State has 9 of 10 into the semifinals.

ClarkstonMark

Oct 12, 2021
For the first time since 2014, all of our wrestlers have qualified for the NCAA championship.
not to be pedantic on you again, but Carter has not qualified yet. He will be getting an at large for sure, but as of today he has not qualified.

bohucon

Oct 31, 2021
not to be pedantic on you again, but Carter has not qualified yet. He will be getting an at large for sure, but as of today he has not qualified.
True, but can you imagine if he didn't qualify. There would be a seismic explosion in State College...he'll be at Nationals.

• Love
Reactions: hohmadw1978

BrianS

Oct 31, 2021
Couple of things (just my opinions):
1.) Why the BTN didn't let the "quad mat shot" on the whole time was idiotic. You could see each match well, and had the score and time for each one. A fan from any of the teams would have been satisfied, and not missed their wrestlers match!
2.) Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but, the girl who was reporting from matside seemed to be covering the Buckeyes only. I'm sure I heard her 3 times, and, each time the Ohio State wrestler lost. That was odd, to say the least.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
On a side note, Vito vs Crookham in the finals of their conference tourney.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
1.) Why the BTN didn't let the "quad mat shot" on the whole time was idiotic. You could see each match well, and had the score and time for each one. A fan from any of the teams would have been satisfied, and not missed their wrestlers match!
2.) Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but, the girl who was reporting from matside seemed to be covering the Buckeyes only. I'm sure I heard her 3 times, and, each time the Ohio State wrestler lost. That was odd, to say the least.
She's engaged to Luke Pletcher so prob more info from that program. Believe she's a PSU alum though

BrianS

Oct 31, 2021
She's engaged to Luke Pletcher so prob more info from that program. Believe she's a PSU alum though
Get out! I see the Buckeye connection loud and clear. But, that PSU tidbit is eye-opening. I know she said she is from western PA. Anyway, THANKS for the info gimb14!

LB99

Oct 27, 2021

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I agree wholeheartedly with point 1. As for point 2, as long as they lose every time she reports, I’m good with it.

Reactions: BrianS and bohucon

gimb14

May 3, 2022
I'm gonna go with 6-3, with tough matches for Nagao, Kasak, and Truax. Very interesting matches for Davis and Messenbrink. Our four #1's should make the finals.
6-3 or 5-4 is realistic. Lemley and Franek are tricky. The extra loss I have at 5-4 is for Davis. I know he beat DeAugustino, but there's an experience factor. I'd pick Davis though.

Reactions: BrianS

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Get out! I see the Buckeye connection loud and clear. But, that PSU tidbit is eye-opening. I know she said she is from western PA. Anyway, THANKS for the info gimb14!
haha. no prob. first year with BTN and based in Pittsburgh. covers local sports I believe.