2024 B1G Tourney Session IV Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
165: #2 Mitchell Mesenbrink vs. #1 Dean Hamiti (Wisc.) -- I'll use DH

this should be fun

Per 1
Mesenbrink with a quick shot, DH sprawls, nothing. Mesenbrink in on a single, and a stalemate with 2:28 left (a tad quick by the ref). DH with an ankle pick and gets the TD, 0-3. Mesenbrink to his feet and he's out, 1-3. Mesenbrink with a head outside single, they scramble as DH has a body lock, and a stalemate with 1:19 left. DH nearly gets an ankle, nothing. Mesenbrink is in and gets behind but DH with a whizzer, Mesenbrink to a double, tries to trip him and doesn't get it, they scramble and DH gets behind with 13 sec left, 1-6. Crazy. End. RT @ 24 sec for DH

Per 2
Mesenbrink takes bottom. Mesenbrink works up, then gets an egg but DH scoots away, 2-6. Mesenbrink in on a low double, but DH scoots around behind for the TD, 2-9. Hamiti is tough on the defense and counters. RT goes over 1 min for DH. Mesenbrink works to his feet, and he's out with 29 sec left, 3-9. Mesenbrink in on a single, and drives in and gets the TD with 1 sec left, 6-9. End. RT @ 1:25 for DH

Per 3
DH takes bottom. He's up but then they scramble, and DH comes around and gets the reversal, 6-11. Mesenbrink tries a roll and nearly gets the rev but only gets the esc, 7-11. Mesenbrink with a single to the back and it's 2 for the TD and 4 NF to make it 13-11, with 1 min left. RT goes down under 1 min. Mesenbrink has DH flattened. 30 sec left. Mesenbrink trying to tilt him, but runs out of time, and wins 13-11!!!!!!!!!

Wow

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
165: #2 Mitchell Mesenbrink vs. #1 Dean Hamiti (Wisc.) -- I'll use DH

this should be fun

Per 1
Mesenbrink with a quick shot, DH sprawls, nothing. Mesenbrink in on a single, and a stalemate with 2:28 left (a tad quick by the ref). DH with an ankle pick and gets the TD, 0-3. Mesenbrink to his feet and he's out, 1-3. Mesenbrink with a head outside single, they scramble as DH has a body lock, and a stalemate with 1:19 left. DH nearly gets an ankle, nothing. Mesenbrink is in and gets behind but DH with a whizzer, Mesenbrink to a double, tries to trip him and doesn't get it, they scramble and DH gets behind with 13 sec left, 1-6. Crazy. End. RT @ 24 sec for DH

Per 2
Mesenbrink takes bottom. Mesenbrink works up, then gets an egg but DH scoots away, 2-6. Mesenbrink in on a low double, but DH scoots around behind for the TD, 2-9. Hamiti is tough on the defense and counters. RT goes over 1 min for DH. Mesenbrink works to his feet, and he's out with 29 sec left, 3-9. Mesenbrink in on a single, and drives in and gets the TD with 1 sec left, 6-9. End. RT @ 1:25 for DH

Per 3
DH takes bottom. He's up but then they scramble, and DH comes around and gets the reversal, 6-11. Mesenbrink tries a roll and nearly gets the rev but only gets the esc, 7-11. Mesenbrink with a single to the back and it's 2 for the TD and 4 NF to make it 13-11, with 1 min left. RT goes down under 1 min. Mesenbrink has DH flattened. 30 sec left. Mesenbrink trying to tilt him, but runs out of time, and wins 13-11!!!!!!!!!

Wow
I said a week or so ago that I thought that Mitch could have a similar finish to this season that Levi had last year. At the end of the second period, I was convinced that I had been wrong. Welp, I gave upon Mitch a little too soon. That was an amazing finish!

BrianS

Oct 31, 2021
you guys should be able to see here (well, mostly) that it's not a pin

Tom, that angle was bad. If you could see a clip from the front of that sequence, when MM got better control, Hamiti rolled right on his shoulders. Hey, it's no big deal now.