Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
285: Championship Quarters:
#1 seed Greg Kerkvliet vs. #9 seed Nick Feldman (Ohio State) -- I'll use NF

3rd matchup this season. Kerk won 12-0 in the dual, and 9-3 in the B1G Tourney

Per 1
Not much thru 1st minute. her in on a shot, but NF scoots away. Kerk reaches, nothing. Nothing thru 2 min. End

Per 2
Kerk takes bottom. He's out really fast (3 sec), 1-0. (NF seemed to just release him) Lots of ear-to-ear. Kerk drops down and reaches, nothing. Kerk sort of reaches, nothing. End. RT @ 3 sec for NF

Per 3
NF takes neutral. Interesting choice. Collar ties for a bit. 1 min left. Kerk tries a double, but NF sprawls, nothing. Now 30 sec. NF in on a single, but Kerk kicks the legs free, and they scramble. Stalemate with 3 sec left. End. 1-0 DEC for Kerk

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Remaining PSU matches in this session:

133: #10 Aaron Nagao vs. #16 Nic Bouzakis (Ohio State)

149: #7 Tyler Kaska vs. #17 Graham Rooks (Indiana)

Reactions: KMAC41

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@GregPickel -- can you do the PBP on the Nagao and the Kasak matches? I don't have ESPN+, so if I do the PBP, it would just be my creating it from what Byers says.

Reactions: GregPickel

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
133 pound consolation: Aaron Nagao vs. Nic Bouzakis

First period
Bouzakis shoots practically off the whistle and Nagao is not in a good spot to fend this off but does for a bit going up over the shoulders of Bouzakis and then through the legs and he presents the takedown somehow (I honestly don't know how) and a stalemate is called. After some circling on the restart Nagao gets in on a shot and Bozakis tries to counter and they scramble with each other's ankles in each other's hands. Nagao is trying to come up and in, Bouzakis starts to work toward a takedown, Nagao keeps coming by picking up his right leg, and a stalemate is called. Fun action so far. End of the first.

Second period
Bouzakis is down. They roll a bit and Bouzakis stands and Nagao mat returns him before Bouzakis stands again and tries to turn in as they got back to the mat. Bouzakis trying to circle for a reversal, Nagao is doing his best to get his hips back out and they're still circling before a stalemate stops the action. Nagao trips Bouzakis back to the mat off a stand on the restart. They fight for positioning and then injury time is called for Bouzakis. He's favoring his right leg. He's quite clearly in a fair amount of pain but he's going to go with it. Nagao is going to take bottom with his choice on the restart. He escapes for a 1-0 lead and has over a minute of riding time after two.

Third period
Nagao takes bottom He has 1:20 in riding time. Nagao is quickly out to a 2-0 lead. Bouzakis is laboring a good bit in my opinion with his right leg clearly bothering him. But he's pushing on. Nagao shoots in at the minute mark on a single and gets Bouzakis' right leg and Bouzakis dives back at him but it leads to a stalemate. Riding time point is now assured so it's a 3-0 lead with 19 seconds left. They go off the edge with eight seconds left. Nagao backs away and wins.

Nagao d. Bouzakis, 3-0