2024 NCAA Wrestling Transfer Portal thread

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
It took a few minutes to find non-psu recruiting tread.....lol. I'd say Michigan?

Sunshinedynomite 1

Oct 14, 2021
No Interest In hamiti Iowa will be all over him.

here is my wish list.
Crookham if Bartlett can’t get to 33
Bennett Berge if Carter doesn’t come back although doesn’t matter Facundo 74 and barr 84
If Kirk leaves Nathan Taylor 1 year and let the twins redshirt with Cochran going 197.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

here is my wish list.
Bennett Berge if Carter doesn’t come back although doesn’t matter Facundo 74 and barr 84
If Kirk leaves Nathan Taylor 1 year and let the twins redshirt with Cochran going 197.
The going rate is Hamiti to Michigan, which would make some sense. As for Penn State and the portal, I would not rule out any additions, but at the same time, it feels like they are gong to have a challenging enough time sorting out the lineup with what they already have returning and coming in from high school.

KJB32812

Oct 31, 2021
The going rate is Hamiti to Michigan, which would make some sense. As for Penn State and the portal, I would not rule out any additions, but at the same time, it feels like they are gong to have a challenging enough time sorting out the lineup with what they already have returning and coming in from high school.
If we were really looking, where would it be?

StickEm

Oct 30, 2021
Michigan has Montanano at 165 but Michigan is still my guess with Hamiti moving up to 174 which Griffith is vacating

Gronky

Nov 10, 2021
Wonder if Michigan will turn Hamiti into a Lewan, Amine or other boring as hell, defense-only wrestler, or if they're hoping he can teach others in that room that shooting is OK??

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021

here is my wish list.
PSU doesn’t need any transfers… they lose Carter, Truax, and Brooks and have 133 pts returning! No one else is close.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Michigan has Montanano at 165 but Michigan is still my guess with Hamiti moving up to 174 which Griffith is vacating
We could definitely use him IF Carter doesn’t return. If in shape he would have beat MM. I’m praying a big donor reaches out to Carte though

• Haha
Reactions: Snide75

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Just as a housekeeping note, so far no Penn State wrestlers have entered the portal. It doesn't mean that can't change, of course, but it's where we stand as of 2 p.m. on March 27. In my mind, logic would dictate that someone(s) would eventually decide they can be in a starting lineup somewhere and move on. But, outside of Beard and Nevills, there's little history to suggest that will be the case.

ElDuce

Oct 29, 2022
Dean Hamiit to Oklahoma State, per its RTC:

always like Hamiti, one of the guys that would have been a great at Penn State, not sure if he was a high level high school recruit or not, fun to watch.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Just as a housekeeping note, so far no Penn State wrestlers have entered the portal. It doesn't mean that can't change, of course, but it's where we stand as of 2 p.m. on March 27. In my mind, logic would dictate that someone(s) would eventually decide they can be in a starting lineup somewhere and move on. But, outside of Beard and Nevills, there's little history to suggest that will be the case.
According to dicemen99’s updated spreadsheet, Howard has two years of eligibility and Barraclough has one. If they both are able to complete their coursework this semester, I could see them giving it a go elsewhere.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
According to dicemen99’s updated spreadsheet, Howard has two years of eligibility and Barraclough has one. If they both are able to complete their coursework this semester, I could see them giving it a go elsewhere.
Yeah, in terms of guys who wouldn't surprise me, the two you mention make that list along with anyone about to get overtaken at 125.

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Davis is gone?!?!? :oops::p
Ha, I should have said overtaken. Steen and Vespa, specifically. But, guys just don't transfer out of this program. You can't tell me that David Evans could not start somewhere and make some noise. But unless something changes he won't be moving on.

• Love
Reactions: DC89 and ScottHHHH

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Ha, I should have said overtaken. Steen and Vespa, specifically. But, guys just don't transfer out of this program. You can't tell me that David Evans could not start somewhere and make some noise. But unless something changes he won't be moving on.
Ha. I was more referring to Lilledahl coming in and winning the spot if he doesn't redshirt. Although I could see that scenario more likely pushing Davis to 133 and Nagao out. Or Lilledahl going 133....

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Ha. I was more referring to Lilledahl coming in and winning the spot if he doesn't redshirt. Although I could see that scenario more likely pushing Davis to 133 and Nagao out. Or Lilledahl going 133....
Nagao already redshirted. Could he lose his spot? Of course. But I do think the most likely outcome here is Davis redshirts a year to prep for 133, this is Nagao's last at 133, and Liledahl slots in at 125. We'll see. There's always the possibility of Howard finally getting healthy, of course, though those are long odds, I know.

gimb14

May 3, 2022
Nagao already redshirted. Could he lose his spot? Of course. But I do think the most likely outcome here is Davis redshirts a year to prep for 133, this is Nagao's last at 133, and Liledahl slots in at 125. We'll see. There's always the possibility of Howard finally getting healthy, of course, though those are long odds, I know.
Of course I forget to mention the most likely scenario....

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
I think lilledahl or Davis shirt. I think Steen and Vespa stay. Similar to Evans, bearclaw and the Lee Brothers. Kids just don't leave unless they graduate first. I guess you could throw Neville in there too.