2024 NFL Coaching Carousel

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
How long before some of these fired coaches wind up on another staff, either NFL or Div I NCAA? Counting down 3 . . . 2 .

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

This may come down to whether Kraft has the guts to fire the GOAT. It’s not Lurie firing a championship-less, but very good Andy Reid.

I think Kraft would prefer for Belichek to call it a career, but that doesn’t seem likely right now. This may come down to role negotiation with the coach remaining with fewer job responsibilities.

Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

Mike paid the price for chronic bad management decisions in that franchise. That roster was just gutted of talent in the past couple of years. They're a shell of what they were in 2020 and 2021. It's hard to win when your GM trades away an All Pro like AJ Brown and then squanders the first round draft pick.

I think Vrabel will have immediate job options. I expect the Jaguars, Eagles and Giants to reach out immediately about open DC roles.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Mike paid the price for chronic bad management decisions in that franchise. That roster was just gutted of talent in the past couple of years. They're a shell of what they were in 2020 and 2021. It's hard to win when your GM trades away an All Pro like AJ Brown and then squanders the first round draft pick.

I think Vrabel will have immediate job options. I expect the Jaguars, Eagles and Giants to reach out immediately about open DC roles.
no doubt but do you really think he's taking a DC job?? Kraft most likely has his eye balls on him as well.

now how about Mike Caldwell as DC?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Ron Rivera left with typical grace.

I don’t know what to expect from Josh Harris, WFT new owner-operator. They’re paying big bucks for consulting for the hire, not holding back. I’m very happy that Magic Johnson seeming has a voice in the process, he knows winning.

WFT has the 2nd pick and I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up getting Caleb Williams, a DMV native.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Ron Rivera left with typical grace.

I don’t know what to expect from Josh Harris, WFT new owner-operator. They’re paying big bucks for consulting for the hire, not holding back. I’m very happy that Magic Johnson seeming has a voice in the process, he knows winning.

WFT has the 2nd pick and I wouldn’t be surprised if they end up getting Caleb Williams, a DMV native.
They’ll have to trade up to #1 to get Williams. Some QB-needy team will do that.

Harris helped make the Sixers into a good franchise, but they have yet to get over the hump on a title. Magic may add value there.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
no doubt but do you really think he's taking a DC job?? Kraft most likely has his eye balls on him as well.

now how about Mike Caldwell as DC?
It all depends. If his goal is to get back to head coach then a DC role for a contender may be the fastest path.

It’s looking like Belichek will stay in a diminished role, no? I don’t see any other owner hiring Vrabel after the past two dumpster fire seasons.

They may as well hire Ron Rivera who’s made it to the Super Bowl.

Niassne

Oct 19, 2021
He has to be better than Snyder. DC would take philly’s success in a heartbeat

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
It all depends. If his goal is to get back to head coach then a DC role for a contender may be the fastest path.

It’s looking like Belichek will stay in a diminished role, no? I don’t see any other owner hiring Vrabel after the past two dumpster fire seasons.

They may as well hire Ron Rivera who’s made it to the Super Bowl.
diminished? like just be head coach? He's offered to give up player personnel but thats it as far as I know. He says he has a contract. So he's either HFC or he's getting a stack of money.

Reactions: WestSideLion

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
They’ll have to trade up to #1 to get Williams. Some QB-needy team will do that.

Harris helped make the Sixers into a good franchise, but they have yet to get over the hump on a title. Magic may add value there.
So you think it’s definite that Chicago picks Williams. I’ve heard rumblings of this but lately have been thinking that they will stay with Fields. Or you might be thinking that Chicago will trade down.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
So you think it’s definite that Chicago picks Williams. I’ve heard rumblings of this but lately have been thinking that they will stay with Fields. Or you might be thinking that Chicago will trade down.
yes I think the latter, they trade down. Unless of course they stay there and pair Harrison Jr with Fields.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
yes I think the latter, they trade down. Unless of course they stay there and pair Harrison Jr with Fields.
They can trade to #2 and get Harrison if they want him. Some team will cover Williams and go to #1. It’s easiest and cheapest for Washington to just do that and end it.

Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

who knows?

I saw this opinion earlier today:

Latest posts