2024 Phillies Thread

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
My man should definitely not be booed. Was he perfect? Definitely not. But he represented a lot of what the city loves. I think he’ll get a standing o honestly.

Now, if he hits a HR, Ok, let’s have fun with it, but that first AB better be a cheer.

It will be loud and long and I’m sure there will be a video ending with the bat spike. Rhys is going to feel the love, zero doubt.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Totally agree. There's no way he gets booed although there may be a few outliers who will boo "just because". He didn't sign a big free agent deal and leave on bad terms. He got caught in a personnel bottleneck after Harper moved to first. Fans get that. I also agree about the standing O. I can't honestly think of any reason to do otherwise.

They better give him a standing O. I have tickets for the third game of that series. Wish I had them for game one. I’ll still be standing though.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
The good news: Phils offense collected 8 hits and 3 walks

The bad news: 0 runs, 13 Ks, 0-8 RISP, 8 LOB, 3 GIDP

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Is JT OK? Was only following gamecast and saw he was replaced for injury after wild pitch. Did not see video.

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Better than I expected after those first few innings. Hopefully it was more weather related than anything else with his velo. They have been working on the mound this whole game.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Better than I expected after those first few innings. Hopefully it was more weather related than anything else with his velo. They have been working on the mound this whole game.

Per the radio postgame show, every pitcher (Phils & Cards) in today's game experienced velocity that was a few mph below their norm. The conditions were pretty bad, and with mud caked to their cleats the pitchers couldn't get as much into their throws.

Ricky Bo pretty much said the same in the TV postgame show:

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Last night Phillies perspective - "We were mostly inept and could've won if we hadn't played like a small town American Legion team."

Pirates perspective - "The Phillies were struggling and we didn't take advantage. We should have put 10 runs on the board."

Both are correct.

Last edited:

Ironman2

Dec 18, 2021
Last night Phillies perspective - "We were mostly inept and could won if we hadn't played like a small town American Legion team."

Pirates perspective - "They Phillies were struggling and we didn't take advantage. We should have put 10 runs on the board."

Both are correct.
They look like they're just going thru the motions. Let's say I'm not a fan of Thompson.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
It’s now official but what we all knew. Strider to miss remainder of year. Game changer given that I can’t believe Sale can stay healthy. Phillies let one slip last year, everything is in front of them now and they need to capitalize.

Go get them boys.

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
It’s now official but what we all knew. Strider to miss remainder of year. Game changer given that I can’t believe Sale can stay healthy. Phillies let one slip last year, everything is in front of them now and they need to capitalize.

Go get them boys.
Losing Strider for the season certainly is significant. But don't forget the Braves won a division title in 2021 without Acuna for half the season.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Losing Strider for the season certainly is significant. But don't forget the Braves won a division title in 2021 without Acuna for half the season.
Their lineup is other worldly so they will still be formidable for sure. But lineup and no Strider versus lineup with Strider are obviously night and day different. They don’t scare anyone in a short series pitching wise.

#1’s are like elite QB’s. When the 1 is gone, you ask everyone to step up. That’s really tough and Atlanta doesn’t have an answer. Sale was a 1 but you can’t expect that now. The rest of their rotation, no way.

I don’t have to tell you any of this, you already know. But when you look for advantages, the Phillies just got the biggest advantage against the Braves that you can hope for. They need to do something with it