2024 Phillies Thread

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
I like the colors and "Philly" being on the chest, but the font is a bit much for me. I do like the hat. I could see myself buying that hat.

Second that. Love the hat. Hate the rest. Think they missed a great chance to do some kind of Phanatic themed deal.

Reactions: Sharkies

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
Phillies- Nationals are the free game tonight on the MLB app for you out of towners like me. 6:45 EST

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2023
Second that. Love the hat. Hate the rest. Think they missed a great chance to do some kind of Phanatic themed deal
Those jerseys are going to sell like gifts from festivus for the rest of us..
Happy Festivus GIF by MOODMAN

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
As an aside, this ump didn't have his best day yesterday.

Screenshot_20240406_105540_X.jpg

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
FYI Spencer Strider is having an MRI on his elbow this morning after struggling in last evenings game. This comes after he developed a nasty curve this off season. I'm not sure if the two are related but elbow problems usually never go away on their own. 🤬

Reactions: WestSideLion

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
FYI Spencer Strider is having an MRI on his elbow this morning after struggling in last evenings game. This comes after he developed a nasty curve this off season. I'm not sure if the two are related but elbow problems usually never go away on their own. 🤬

Obviously, for the Phillies that would be massive, but I’m never a fan of one of the game’s best players potentially sitting out a year. That’s never good for the game.

Reactions: Colt2169 and PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Obviously, for the Phillies that would be massive, but I’m never a fan of one of the game’s best players potentially sitting out a year. That’s never good for the game.
Well, here's a gift to you Phillies fans. This would be his second TJ surgery should he need one. 🤬

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Thoughts and prayers, thoughts and prayers…..
That does suck, he is a helluva pitcher.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUJam

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
He should learn to throw with his legs. Dude obviously never misses leg day.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Many of you are too young to remember The Year of the Pitcher. I’ve said countless times that the biggest change I have seen the last 10 years or so is the re-emergence of dominating pitching to the game. Remember when everyone strained their necks to see the pitch speed and whether Billy Wags hit 100. Shoot, teams have pens loaded now with guys who throw 100.

Back in my day, you heard mound demeanor, today it’s spin rate and swing and miss metrics.

They lowered the mound back then following the Year of the Pitcher. Not sure what you can do now. The human body is not meant to do what Strider and others do. Max velo and spin rates that are now insane is going to shred these guys. Even the unicorn, Nolan Ryan met his maker. Unfortunately, it’s not if it’s when these guys break down.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

This series summed the Phillies. They were on the cusp of breaking games 1 and 2 open multiple times but failed to capitalize on scoring opportunities. Their starting pitching was strong and the bullpen found a way not to break.

Game 3 they just couldn’t manufacture enough runs despite Sanchez pitching pretty well. This season will look a lot like last season. Unless they hit a lot of home runs, they’ll struggle to win games.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
This is a pretty cool thread(click on post and read following posts) for all baseball fans.

Reactions: Sharkies

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
When is Castellanos going to be benched? He out and out sucks.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Dead weight and they’re handcuffed by his huge salary. There’s no getting rid of him.
Nick Castellanos’ last extra-base hit came 175 days ago in Game 1 of the NLCS. He went 0-for-20 the final six games of that series, and is now off to a 4-for-33 (.121) start in 2024. 3/$60M left on his contract

• Wow
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
My man should definitely not be booed. Was he perfect? Definitely not. But he represented a lot of what the city loves. I think he’ll get a standing o honestly.

Now, if he hits a HR, Ok, let’s have fun with it, but that first AB better be a cheer.

Reactions: Colt2169

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
My man should definitely not be booed. Was he perfect? Definitely not. But he represented a lot of what the city loves. I think he’ll get a standing o honestly.

Now, if he hits a HR, Ok, let’s have fun with it, but that first AB better be a cheer.

Totally agree. There's no way he gets booed although there may be a few outliers who will boo "just because". He didn't sign a big free agent deal and leave on bad terms. He got caught in a personnel bottleneck after Harper moved to first. Fans get that. I also agree about the standing O. I can't honestly think of any reason to do otherwise.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
If he gets boooed I’ll be super disappointed. the vibe around this team is really great, that would f it up imo