2024 Phillies Thread

AtlantaLion

Oct 7, 2021
So, Wheeler looked solid ... better than Strider, but that Bullpen is hot garbage.

Fried/Nola tomorrow? Should be an interesting game.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Some reactions-

1- Harper swung through the same exact pitches he swung through consistently this spring. He had vision issues earlier in his career; he isn’t comfortable right now and hasnt been for awhile now.

2- Today was mind numbing in the 8th inning. 54 pitches to get through the 8th. It raised the concern I said earlier. Alvarado throws too many pitches to close. You can’t bring him back multiple straight days when it takes you 30 pitches to get 2 outs. He obviously was not in a close situation but at some point someone is going to get the ninth (and maybe two straight days). I assume 30 pitches to get 2 outs means he’s not available today. That’s a tough way to manage when your stud in the pen isn’t available in close games on multiple days in a big series.

3- Brogdon should go as soon as Kerkering gets ready. He needs a change of scenery.

4- You saw the difference today. A ton of professional AB’s. You have to tip your hats to the Braves, notably Matt Olson. Those were some great AB’s. The Braves make you work and rarely give AB’s away by expanding the zone.

Nola and Ranger will do their jobs. Let’s get the next two.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Well....

That sucked. haha

We had fun though. My wife and son made it onto NBCSN, so of course, my kids thought that was awesome. They had a great trip, so that's all that matters.

However, to lose like that after chasing Fried from the game after just 2/3s of an inning, that stings.

Reactions: PSUAVLNC

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Three games in and we're already mixing it up I see. Looks like Topper is throwing in the towel.

PSUAVLNC

Oct 28, 2021
Rough game yesterday. Why’d they leave Nola in for so long? Every time I looked up it was “base hit Braves”

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
There’s still game left today, but they’re 0-5 with RISP. Schwarber was up with the bases loaded and no outs and grounded into a double play.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Former Phillie news.... Rhys Hoskins crapping all over the Mets as the Brewers get the opening sweep. Love it. I wish I could say I feel bad for the Mets.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Former Phillie news.... Rhys Hoskins crapping all over the Mets as the Brewers get the opening sweep. Love it. I wish I could say I feel bad for the Mets.

Not something that comes naturally to Fightin fans. The Mets players, and their fans, kind of made it impossible for Phillies' fans to ever feel bad for the Mets.

Latest posts