2024 Recruiting Class Thread

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Here's to seeing this year's group from Wisconsin going on to be as successful or more than the group we brought in from Michigan a few years ago. I love it when we bring in kids from outside of our traditional recruiting territory. It shows a lot of faith and trust on the part of the players. I believe the last player we got out of Wisconsin was Windsor, correct?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe this has already been explained, but why are all of the people in the home visits photos always in their stocking feet?

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021

Tend to forget that even though they act like adults, these guys are kids. Babies really.

I remember one of our past recruits saying something along the lines that guys like Stefen Wisniewski come in with a huge advantage with the father having played. Technique, conditioning, and resources made a major difference in his ability to play early and thrive. You see a kid like Jaylen who clearly has talent and comes from a good background, but not a professional football one. The odds must quickly seem very much against you.

Srg111

Nov 25, 2021
Tend to forget that even though they act like adults, these guys are kids. Babies really.

I remember one of our past recruits saying something along the lines that guys like Stefen Wisniewski come in with a huge advantage with the father having played. Technique, conditioning, and resources made a major difference in his ability to play early and thrive. You see a kid like Jaylen who clearly has talent and comes from a good background, but not a professional football one. The odds must quickly seem very much against you.

His parents seem awesome.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

This guy is a mauler. Worth congratulating him on getting his 5th star from On3 (No. 27 overall). OL recruiting has been really, really good the last couple of years. Cousins could play soon I think - he's physically ready.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This guy is a mauler. Worth congratulating him on getting his 5th star from On3 (No. 27 overall). OL recruiting has been really, really good the last couple of years. Cousins could play soon I think - he's physically ready.

CJF and Traut have landed some really good prospects on the OL. They are a little thin at OT, but they have some nice pieces to assemble an effective OL for 2024.

Cousins, in addition to being very good, is somewhat unique in that he can play any of the 5 positions. Most of the time at PSU, guys that can play inside or outside start on the outside, and are moved inside based on need and whether or not they can truly play OT. BWI reported earlier this week that Cousins is going to be an exception to that pattern, and start out on the inside.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Is it possible we see Cousins get significant playing time as a true freshman at C? After the all star games, I have seen two different lists of potential freshman difference makers who could play immediately and his name was on both lists. If I remember correctly, McGovern played a lot on the inside as a true freshman. Menet may have also? Do we see Cousins take control of the starting C spot as the season plays out?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
After a little research on my previous post, Menet redshirted his freshman year. McGovern did not and was named to the All-B1G freshman team.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Is it possible we see Cousins get significant playing time as a true freshman at C? After the all star games, I have seen two different lists of potential freshman difference makers who could play immediately and his name was on both lists. If I remember correctly, McGovern played a lot on the inside as a true freshman. Menet may have also? Do we see Cousins take control of the starting C spot as the season plays out?
Purely a guess here but I think they try to possibly red shirt Cousins. They have Dawkins at center for this coming season. Maybe attempt to get Cousins some playing time without burning his red shirt or hopefully isn't forced to play somewhere due to injury. If he is good enough to earn a starting position or significant playing time then so be it and let him roll....

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Purely a guess here but I think they try to possibly red shirt Cousins. They have Dawkins at center for this coming season. Maybe attempt to get Cousins some playing time without burning his red shirt or hopefully isn't forced to play somewhere due to injury. If he is good enough to earn a starting position or significant playing time then so be it and let him roll....
I’m just going on all the talk he is getting coming out of the Army All-American game. “Excelled at center throughout the week while facing excellent competition” This was the description by 24/7 recruiting coordinator Brian Dohn. He also called him a bully at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. Another publication called him a potential instant impact player as a freshman. Plus, he enrolled early. We will see.

Reactions: Bwifan

Latest posts