2025 Eagles Thread

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,979
5,496
113
I found this in a broader article as I was searching a bunch of things this morning:

The Titans waived WR Treylon Burks​

During the 2022 NFL Draft, the Eagles traded one of their first-round picks to the Titans for A.J. Brown. That move has kinda worked out well for the Eagles. The Titans used that first-round pick to select Burks, who was often comped to... A.J. Brown. That move has not worked out for the Titans.

Burks had 53 career receptions for 699 yards and 1 TD in his three seasons in Tennessee. That has to be among the worst trades in NFL history.
After watching Burks in college, I'm surprised he didn't make a bigger impact in the NFL. Dude was practically the entire Arkansas offense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,437
69,165
113
After watching Burks in college, I'm surprised he didn't make a bigger impact in the NFL. Dude was practically the entire Arkansas offense.

Yeah, while the trade wasn't a good one for the Titans, I also thought coming out of college that Burks would be productive in the NFL.
 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,437
69,165
113
this took place on Tuesday (I think). Gray was having a great camp before he got injured.

 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,003
5,476
113

I appreciate all the work that goes into these analytical pieces. And they add a layer of fun beyond straight reporting. But the only opinions that matter are not freely shared.

Example: it's great to see Campbell having great and good days across the board, but is Fangio really going to ask a rookie LB to start on day 1? DeJean missed training camp time last year, but as great as he was, he wasn't asked to start until game 5.

I can't imagine Fangio will do differently with Campbell.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
  3. 03 BWI Football Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
  4. 04 BWI Football Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?