2025 Eagles Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,204
113
Here we go. Howie doing howie things



There were rumblings from Jeff McLane and from Eliot Shorr-Parks earlier this week that a trade was in the works. But they didn't provide any details. The following indicates some of the mechanics of what's taken place behind the scenes to facilitate a trade:

 
  • Like
Reactions: Phlebitis

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
another set of great observations from Roob:


McKee will be interesting. He certainly looks the part. Will GMs be willing to part with a day two pick for him?

I don’t know. His two starts were in an historically loaded offense. He wouldn’t be nearly as good in say New Orleans or New York.
 

Phlebitis

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,749
2,377
113
McKee will be interesting. He certainly looks the part. Will GMs be willing to part with a day two pick for him?

I don’t know. His two starts were in an historically loaded offense. He wouldn’t be nearly as good in say New Orleans or New York.
I think someone could offer a 2nd for him, but the chances of that, or a lower pick replacing him with equally proficiency is a total crapshoot. To me it wouldn't make any sense for the Birds. But then again, I'm not Howie the Great.
 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
I think someone could offer a 2nd for him, but the chances of that, or a lower pick replacing him with equally proficiency is a total crapshoot. To me it wouldn't make any sense for the Birds. But then again, I'm not Howie the Great.
I agree. Given Hurts’ tendency to get bumped up each November/December, having a backup QB who can win games is critical.

Risking a season during your title window for an extra 2 feels foolish.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,204
113
hard to imagine that Howie won't leverage this bounty for something other than 13 picks in next year's draft

 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,340
5,919
113
hard to imagine that Howie won't leverage this bounty for something other than 13 picks in next year's draft


I wonder what it would take for the Eagles to move up from 32 to the top 10 of the 2026 draft? their first plus ???? I wouldnt want to give up my second, but all the rest?
 

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
I wonder what it would take for the Eagles to move up from 32 to the top 10 of the 2026 draft? their first plus ???? I wouldnt want to give up my second, but all the rest?
If they land at the very bottom of round 1, then getting into the top 10 isn’t wise.

They’d have to give up 2-3 first round picks to do so. They’ll need those picks for cost-controlled talent around their expensive core of stars.
 

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,981
5,497
113
I wonder what it would take for the Eagles to move up from 32 to the top 10 of the 2026 draft? their first plus ???? I wouldnt want to give up my second, but all the rest?
Is there someone you have your eye on in the top 10? Agree with @WestSideLion, it would take too much to move up. I don't think any team is going to take a bunch of 3-7 picks to move out of the top 10.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

s1uggo72

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
7,340
5,919
113
Is there someone you have your eye on in the top 10? Agree with @WestSideLion, it would take too much to move up. I don't think any team is going to take a bunch of 3-7 picks to move out of the top 10.
IDK what it would take, but who would you rather have, 1 Jalen Carter or 2 Milt Williams? 1 AJ Brown or 2 Jordan Mathews? 1 Lane Johnson or 5 Jack Driscoll (who I love) . Would I give up 2 1st rd picks to move up? this yr and next? Probably not. would I look to move to the middle of the first to take the next Lane Johnson, I think you would have to consider that.
 

Grant Green

All-American
Jan 21, 2004
3,981
5,497
113
IDK what it would take, but who would you rather have, 1 Jalen Carter or 2 Milt Williams? 1 AJ Brown or 2 Jordan Mathews? 1 Lane Johnson or 5 Jack Driscoll (who I love) . Would I give up 2 1st rd picks to move up? this yr and next? Probably not. would I look to move to the middle of the first to take the next Lane Johnson, I think you would have to consider that.
Well of course I would take all of those, but a bunch of 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounders aren't getting it done. You can look up a draft value chart to confirm this if you want.
Lane Johnson was the #4 pick so you would have to do better than middle of the first round for a player like that.
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,204
113
has the rep of being the most forthcoming of the Birds' coaches, and he did nothing to change that perception in his first sustained interview since the Super Bowl:

 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  2. 02 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  4. 04 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin