2025 Phillies Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,028
17,667
113
Topper will be toast by the end of the weekend as another sweep is underway.
 

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,028
17,667
113
I thought you were being sarcastic!

Ps. I'm all arsenal for the CL. Guessing @rudedude is not.
My son is, me not so much. My hopes for a trophy rest with the Euro cup, and those hopes are always on shaky ground.Right now, I am so disgusted with the Phillies that I am taking a break from watching them, probably not until after the all star break.
 
Sep 10, 2013
18,399
13,410
113
My son is, me not so much. My hopes for a trophy rest with the Euro cup, and those hopes are always on shaky ground.Right now, I am so disgusted with the Phillies that I am taking a break from watching them, probably not until after the all star break.
Softness shown
 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,202
113
My son is, me not so much. My hopes for a trophy rest with the Euro cup, and those hopes are always on shaky ground.Right now, I am so disgusted with the Phillies that I am taking a break from watching them, probably not until after the all star break.

Coincidence (you not watching, and the Fightins play well)? Hmm

 
  • Like
Reactions: Shadow99

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,202
113
Fightin's score 2 in the top of the 10th, and Romano does a nice job in the bottom of the 10th. Phils win, 3-1.

@rudedude -- keep not watching, for a few months or so. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Grant Green

rudedude

Heisman
Sep 28, 2002
9,028
17,667
113
Fightin's score 2 in the top of the 10th, and Romano does a nice job in the bottom of the 10th. Phils win, 3-1.

@rudedude -- keep not watching, for a few months or so. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

49-50 in the last 99 games, 50-50 last 100 games. They need to go on a really huge hot streak to even stand a chance at a wild card.
 
Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,202
113
49-50 in the last 99 games, 50-50 last 100 games. They need to go on a really huge hot streak to even stand a chance at a wild card.

who cares (besides you)? last season's games are a non-factor with regards to this season. The Fightins looked terrible against the Mets. And yet, the Mets didn't look so mighty agains the Nationals this weekend. I keep repeating variations on the same philosophy: it's ludicrous to draw too many conclusions in April. The Fightins have played 28 games in the 2025 season -- 17.28% of their regular season games. If conclusions were drawn based on a single series in April, the Fightins took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers earlier in the month.

I just enjoy the games. I don't get too high from a win, or too low from a loss (or a series of losses). When we get to August and September, then it's worth paying a little more attention, but again, one game, on inning, or one series does not make a trend.
 
Sep 10, 2013
18,399
13,410
113
who cares (besides you)? last season's games are a non-factor with regards to this season. The Fightins looked terrible against the Mets. And yet, the Mets didn't look so mighty agains the Nationals this weekend. I keep repeating variations on the same philosophy: it's ludicrous to draw too many conclusions in April. The Fightins have played 28 games in the 2025 season -- 17.28% of their regular season games. If conclusions were drawn based on a single series in April, the Fightins took 2 of 3 from the Dodgers earlier in the month.

I just enjoy the games. I don't get too high from a win, or too low from a loss (or a series of losses). When we get to August and September, then it's worth paying a little more attention, but again, one game, on inning, or one series does not make a trend.
Them not hitting in big spots is a trend, going back 2 seasons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Matt Campbell has replayed Penn State’s loss ‘a million times’: Here’s what he sees now
  2. 02 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  4. 04 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  5. 05 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin