3rd in SEC East

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Like say……the week after the UF loss last year?
So it's just a matter of shoving aside our most blatantly underachieving assistant after only one week of the season to bring about a dramatic turnaround, right?

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
So it's just a matter of shoving aside our most blatantly underachieving assistant after only one week of the season to bring about a dramatic turnaround, right?
I’m not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said if we lose to North Carolina we won’t be able to beat better teams down the road on the schedule. I was simply pointing out that’s not a fact. I didn’t say anything about shoving a coach aside or how it happened. So I don’t get your post.

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
Team commitment and attitude tells me they are going forward, not backwards.
I agree...but we play in the SEC. You gotta have a lot of luck and good breaks ON TOP of being good. We've had a lot of good luck and breaks recently...and I hope it continues. We will need any and everything we can get to be 2-3 in the East this year or next.

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
I agree with him based on UT being really a season late overhyped. Joe Milton is in his 5th year and 3rd time winning the starting job. He has managed to finish 5 total games in 2 different stints as the starter with 2 different schools as the starter. 1 of those games was his career game against Clempson, in a bowl game.

They also lost 2 WRs drafted in the 3rd round of the NFL draft, with one of those being the fastest recorded player in the NFL who also won the Biletnikoff Award last year. The other was widely considered to be a better prospect that the latter.
Their offense will produce numbers no matter who the qb is. If he's less efficient than another, they will plug another in and he will have top national numbers. We will see if that will help convert into wins or not.

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
I think the safe answer is picking UGA to finish first every year but they have question marks and was tested last season. I’ll definitely put SC over Tennessee.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I’m not sure what your point is, I was responding to a poster who said if we lose to North Carolina we won’t be able to beat better teams down the road on the schedule. I was simply pointing out that’s not a fact. I didn’t say anything about shoving a coach aside or how it happened. So I don’t get your post.
Last year's turnaround was achieved a certain way - by brinkmanship. Should we lose the first game (I don't expect it, but it's not beyond the stretch), would we have a similar card to play? But to tell you the truth, I believe that, if we lose that first one, we'll need heavenly intervention to exceed .500.

Last edited:

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
Their offense will produce numbers no matter who the qb is. If he's less efficient than another, they will plug another in and he will have top national numbers. We will see if that will help convert into wins or not.
To assume they will replicate what they had last year is an extremely high expectation. I didn't even mention their heisman contending QB.

Regardless of them putting up offensive numbers, I think we will be better than they are. People tend to forget that they didn't lose any of the 3 one score games they played in last year. Sooner or later he horseshoe quits working.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Last year's turnaround was achieved a certain way - by brinkmanship. Should we lose the first game (I don't expect it, but it's not beyond the stretch), would we have a similar card to play? But to tell you the truth, I believe that, if we lose that first one, we'll need heavenly intervention to exceed .500.
I totally agree losing to the holes would create doubt in everyone’s mind and can lead to another struggling season.

We can possibly lose every conference game this year, along with the taters and the holes. We could also have a chance to win every conference game (- uga), along with the taters and holes. Reality is likely somewhere in the middle. Should be interesting.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

I didn't say that we wouldn't be able to beat the better teams. I said:

Lose, and you have to wonder how we'll pull out wins against better teams further down our schedule.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I didn't say that we wouldn't be able to beat the better teams. I said:

Lose, and you have to wonder how we'll pull out wins against better teams further down our schedule.

UNC's defense last year was trash, so we better be able to score against them. If we cannot, it certainly does not bode well for the better SEC defenses.

Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
UNC's defense last year was trash, so we better be able to score against them. If we cannot, it certainly does not bode well for the better SEC defenses.

This was pretty much my thought. If we lose to an ACC team with a trash defense, we should be concerned when we start playing real teams.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I understand the sentiment regarding North Carolina. And I don't pretend to know their strengths and weaknesses coming into the 2023 season. BUT, UNC is ranked 21st in the preseason AP poll and 20th in the preseason Coaches poll. They must be good at some phases of the game.to be nationally ranked coming into the season. If we beat them, we won't be beating a bad team. If we lose to them, we won't be losing to a college football doormat.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
This was pretty much my thought. If we lose to an ACC team with a trash defense, we should be concerned when we start playing real teams.
Will UNC's defense be trash this year? I know last year's was but the USC defense was garbage as well last year, does that mean it is going to be garbage again too? If USC can't run the ball or stop the run any better than last season all the commitment and attitude and Beamer's perceived love of USC isn't going to win many games. Rattler is the most Jekyll/Hyde qb I've ever seen and unless the OL is markedly better than last year, USC might be lucky to win 3 SEC games.

Reactions: Lurker123

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I totally agree losing to the holes would create doubt in everyone’s mind and can lead to another struggling season.

We can possibly lose every conference game this year, along with the taters and the holes. We could also have a chance to win every conference game (- uga), along with the taters and holes. Reality is likely somewhere in the middle. Should be interesting.

😁

Reactions: Tngamecock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I understand the sentiment regarding North Carolina. And I don't pretend to know their strengths and weaknesses coming into the 2023 season. BUT, UNC is ranked 21st in the preseason AP poll and 20th in the preseason Coaches poll. They must be good at some phases of the game.to be nationally ranked coming into the season. If we beat them, we won't be beating a bad team. If we lose to them, we won't be losing to a college football doormat.
some of those rankings are based on predicted, wins and losses. I dare say our schedule is very different than North Carolina. Plus, I don’t give a damn enough about UNC to go look at their schedule. I just know they play in the ACC, and up until this year, they didn’t normally play the taters.

It felt that way when I typed it😜