A&M baseball Friday night game thread

57stratdawg

Heisman
Dec 1, 2004
148,686
24,540
113
That was ball 4. Pretty surprising he got that call missing his spot too. It’s one thing if you drill the glove. It’s another to miss and still get the call.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Well lookie who we will leave the game up to in the bottom of the 9th? The bottom of the order after we had two guys in the 8th leave their bats on their shoulders for strike 3 on 3-2 counts. These guys are so inconsistent. Some make outs on the first pitch with two outs and runners on. And some look for walks with runners on and 2 outs. Perplexing to say the least. Never leave the decision up to the umpires in those situations.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,007
10,158
113
Yeah but blue hasn't given us a boderline call all night. After 8 innings I'm just pointing that out on a ball in on his arms.
 

rynodawg

Senior
May 29, 2007
1,170
418
83
Game changing bad call. Even if Cumbest strands everyone again, we might not get back to the top of the order now.
 

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,612
7,828
113
I don’t know if it was overthinking per se, but hand picking a .212 guy for that spot is questionable to say the least
 

MSUDawg25

Redshirt
Jan 21, 2010
2,088
1
38
Sure feels like it. But that’s easy to say that with the benefit of hindsight.
 

josebrown

All-Conference
Aug 4, 2008
3,235
1,381
113
Double-header tomorrow guys..Lemonis breaks it on radio. Made decision two minutes after game ended. Storm rolling in Sunday.
 

bolddogge

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,166
1,384
113
I drove from TN after work today and arrived at the game in middle of the 7th when we were down 7 - 3. As soon as I entered the stadium I hear the homer as it left the bat. I sure am tired and ready to hit the hay, but I'm glad they waited on me to start playing.
 

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
I drove from TN after work today and arrived at the game in middle of the 7th when we were down 7 - 3. As soon as I entered the stadium I hear the homer as it left the bat. I sure am tired and ready to hit the hay, but I'm glad they waited on me to start playing.

Today's game starts at 2:00 PM.

Make sure you're in your seat by 1:55 PM.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense