Alabama is beatable

civildawg88

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
2,745
1,399
102
I think we get handled pretty good Saturday. Not saying we are bad but our team is beat up pretty good. We really needed a bye week this week. The only chance we have is multiple turnovers for them, Holding their drives to FGs, and try to play ball control on offense. They have their own KT and better players at most positions
 

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,083
4,856
113
This is along the line of my thoughts, but I do think we have a chance, a good chance.
We do get the bye after this game, and then LSU. We need the break.

I meant to quote Civildawg88.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,440
31,657
113
We aren’t sniffing a victory over bama with the offensive line play I witnessed last night. And to make things worse, West isn’t that good of a blocker either.

I like our chances against Texas in Austin much better than our chances against Alabama in Starkville this weekend.

And I like our chances against Alabama in Starkville this weekend.

It don't matter what anybody 'believes,' K1 and the gang are going to come out balling.
I do too. I know Texas is #1 now, but that doesn’t look anywhere near a #1 team.
 

1msucub

Senior
Oct 3, 2004
2,187
752
113
They aren’t the Bama of old……we aren’t the MSU of recent.

But I don’t think we can keep them out of our backfield.
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,822
17,437
113
Goes without saying our offense has to execute at a high level, but I also think you need their young QB to get rattled on the road and for them to have just a general uneven performance like you’ve seen from them under DeBoer.

He’s lost some absolute stinkers since he’s been there so this wouldn’t even be close to his worst loss at Bama. But I think them being a 6 point favorite is perfectly justifiable. I think this is the best team they’ve had in the post-Saban era.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nugdawg

Villagedawg

All-Conference
Nov 16, 2005
2,499
2,586
113
A little bit of “Let’s Get Real” on MSU vs Alabama…

- 16 straight losses.

- Only twice in those 16 has the game ended with State within a TD on the scoreboard. Closest game was the “Believe” game in 2014, lost 25-20.

-We’ve lost to them 88 times, we’ve beaten them 17 times.

- Starting in 1958, we’ve played Bama 66 times. Our record is 7 wins and 59 losses. Of those 7 wins only twice have we beaten a “good” Alabama team (1996 and 1980).

Suffice to say, the mountain is tall, icy and the rocks are jagged.
yeah. Ain’t happening. Kamario was still on baby formula last time it happened.
 
Last edited:

lanceharbor7

Freshman
Feb 24, 2008
923
64
28
A little bit of “Let’s Get Real” on MSU vs Alabama…

- 16 straight losses.

- Only twice in those 16 has the game ended with State within a TD on the scoreboard. Closest game was the “Believe” game in 2014, lost 25-20.

-We’ve lost to them 88 times, we’ve beaten them 17 times.

- Starting in 1958, we’ve played Bama 66 times. Our record is 7 wins and 59 losses. Of those 7 wins only twice have we beaten a “good” Alabama team (1996 and 1980).

Suffice to say, the mountain is tall, icy and the rocks are jagged.
So you're saying there's a chance!!!!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: She Mate Me

Anon1774962825

Sophomore
Mar 31, 2026
120
137
43
Their opponents wins don't have anything to do with how good Alabama is though. They are more talented than us at nearly every position 2 deep. Our left tackle situation should be of great concern. Their QB is better than maybe anyone we see all year. I know we CAN win, but I think the stars will have to align for it to happen. I actually think we have a better shot at Texas because their offense tends to sputter.
We are better at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and corner. Other than that though ….
 

Bulldawg77

All-American
Dec 1, 2019
4,052
7,476
108
KD has been a strange fit for sure. But I do have hope more so than most on here. One of Alabama weakness this year is defense in the last two games against South Carolina and FSU the defense has given up 844 yds. Our offense is better than those two. Each year KD has had some head scratching losses in 24 lost at 6-6 Vandy and 6-6 OU and last year lost at 5-7 FSU.
This ain’t the Saban AL coming to town
 

bolddogge

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,166
1,385
113
A little bit of “Let’s Get Real” on MSU vs Alabama…

- 16 straight losses.

- Only twice in those 16 has the game ended with State within a TD on the scoreboard. Closest game was the “Believe” game in 2014, lost 25-20.

-We’ve lost to them 88 times, we’ve beaten them 17 times.

- Starting in 1958, we’ve played Bama 66 times. Our record is 7 wins and 59 losses. Of those 7 wins only twice have we beaten a “good” Alabama team (1996 and 1980).

Suffice to say, the mountain is tall, icy and the rocks are jagged.
1790604157528.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: She Mate Me

bolddogge

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,166
1,385
113
Our only shot is to win a shootout. And it's a tiny shot. I think we lose by multiple TDs.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF
 

Boosh

Junior
Sep 14, 2017
293
337
63
I believe it is possible. Today's alabama is not yesterday's alabama. Alabama is as beatable as they have ever been, except when they were between Stallings and Saban. The NIL has leveled the quality of players and depleted their 3 deep 5 stars at every position they had in Saban's days. My observation is their QB is a little slow on reads and will run rather than wait in the pocket. Their pass defense is a little shaky and they may be overly focused on that. They will try to handle all runs with their d-line to have enough defenders for the passing. State will have to break that first. Just my 2 cents. I do like the way last year's and this year's State teams come out and play with confidence regardless of the opponent. If the 2014 team would have done that, they would have beat them in Tuscaloosa.
 

615dawg

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2007
7,288
4,821
113
A little bit of “Let’s Get Real” on MSU vs Alabama…

- 16 straight losses.

- Only twice in those 16 has the game ended with State within a TD on the scoreboard. Closest game was the “Believe” game in 2014, lost 25-20.

-We’ve lost to them 88 times, we’ve beaten them 17 times.

- Starting in 1958, we’ve played Bama 66 times. Our record is 7 wins and 59 losses. Of those 7 wins only twice have we beaten a “good” Alabama team (1996 and 1980).

Suffice to say, the mountain is tall, icy and the rocks are jagged.
2014 was not the Believe game. That was 2012.

16 straight losses are mental. The 2008 Croom team has nothing to do with this team.
 

RiceDawg

Sophomore
Aug 13, 2017
335
117
43
I could see a 2022 Tennessee - Bama type of game. Both teams going score for score and coming down to whoever gets the ball last.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,243
14,767
113
2014 was not the Believe game. That was 2012.

16 straight losses are mental. The 2008 Croom team has nothing to do with this team.
You’re right. I was thinking the believe game was the year we were #1.

They all run together for me because if Alabama is good, which they always are in this latest streak, we consistently get our azzes handed to us.

It may be slightly mental considering the utter dominance, but it’s mainly that they always have significantly more talent than we do.

That’s no slight to our players, it’s just facts.

But, it is basically almost never (Dak) that we play them with a QB who has clear NFL prospects. Kamario has to have a very special game and we need Bama to not be at their best.
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,822
17,437
113
2014 was not the Believe game. That was 2012.

16 straight losses are mental. The 2008 Croom team has nothing to do with this team.

The number of guys on our team that have ever even played Bama has to be tiny. Lebby hasn’t coached against them since he was at Ole Miss in 2021. We haven’t played them in 3 years, I feel like the Bama PTSD is 100% for the fans. The players don’t know or don’t care.
 
Feb 25, 2017
174
250
63
The number of guys on our team that have ever even played Bama has to be tiny. Lebby hasn’t coached against them since he was at Ole Miss in 2021. We haven’t played them in 3 years, I feel like the Bama PTSD is 100% for the fans. The players don’t know or don’t care.
Agree. The question is which young QB is going to have more pressure on himself.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,183
4,375
113
Who do you guys beleive reads a defense and passes better, Russel or Simmons? I think Simmons does.

Alabama probably has a more talented team overall than Missouri but I think Russel can be easy to scheme against and will make some mistakes.

I think the game comes down to State OL v Bama DL. Can State protect KT to allow for the routes to develop? If State can protect, State will put up a lot of points.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,243
14,767
113
Who do you guys beleive reads a defense and passes better, Russel or Simmons? I think Simmons does.

My impression of Simmons Saturday was that he wasn’t reading much of anything, but that he’s a talented passer. I need to go back and watch some film though because in the heat of it I may have been too harsh.

When you throw as often as he did to one, albeit great, WR, it smells like you know where you’re going with the ball before the snap. And he threw into blanket coverage numerous times, we just couldn’t get a pick.

I haven’t watched enough of KR to judge him yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog and Maroon13

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,481
27,340
113
You think the officiating was bad the last two games, just wait till this Saturday. I’ve witnessed in person enough Bama vs MSU games to know officiating will definitely not be in our favor.
It's not like it was in the old days.

Some of y'all need to stop crying about the officials all the time. Or in this case, preemptively crying about the officials.

That's what Ole Miss fans do. Be better than that.
 

golferdog

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2024
1,324
1,080
113
Alabama beat an awful Florida State team by 2 touchdowns. They were tied with Kentucky at half time. They are not boat racing us.
They absolutely could boat race us, they are way more talented. If they play great and we are flat......it can get ugly. We're also good enough to pull the upset. I do expect us to play well and make it a close game though. Hoping for no injuries and a well played game by the good guys.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more