Always hated games where you get up big, early.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You jump ahead big and your emotions and adrenaline run high. You can then go into a lull and the other team has a long time to claw back and it is hard to get back into the game.
I could agree with this if we didn't have such a pitiful bullpen. Once they start coming back, we don't have a way to stop them.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You jump ahead big and your emotions and adrenaline run high. You can then go into a lull and the other team has a long time to claw back and it is hard to get back into the game.
We don’t have a bullpen (that we properly use anyway) and we also don’t have much mental toughness.

I can appreciate your viewpoint Bruce but I mean I knew we’d probably lose as soon as it hit 6-1.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The part in parentheses is what gets me. We had Hardin available and we threw Ligon and Black? Hardin should've been option 1 in the 5th, then you can try Ligon/Black/Schuelke with an extremely quick hook, trying to get to Davis.
I like to think they were giving them one more chance. But with hosting on the line, seems like you’d go with your sure things.

While this team may be better suited for a #2 seed somewhere, hosting is hosting and that’s a feather in the cap Lemonis can use to keep his job.

Hell if I know what they were thinking.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
A few observations, from an armchair coach:

1) we think we are more talented than we are. we do not have to worry about the little things like base running, tagging runners through the slide, etc

2) we don't play hard when we don't have a good arm on the mound. we kinda just roll over and play dead

3) we are too cool to get hyped about a regular season game

I could be wrong but this is the way it looks to me

Reactions: BigBully and patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
A few observations, from an armchair coach:

1) we think we are more talented than we are. we do not have to worry about the little things like base running, tagging runners through the slide, etc

2) we don't play hard when we don't have a good arm on the mound. we kinda just roll over and play dead

3) we are too cool to get hyped about a regular season game

I could be wrong but this is the way it looks to me
You ain’t wrong about the general picture.

Thebulldogcountry1

Nov 6, 2022
There’s a lot of truth in this thread. It’s easy to tell who watches the games and who don’t. The ones who don’t will be here later to argue that “we did what we needed to do”

The others who watch see the lulls, lack of focus, mental mistakes, and lack of depth. It’s incredibly frustrating to watch this team squander opportunities. We should easily have a host locked, but we just give games away without a fight.

Oct 17, 2023
There’s a lot of truth in this thread. It’s easy to tell who watches the games and who don’t. The ones who don’t will be here later to argue that “we did what we needed to do”

The others who watch see the lulls, lack of focus, mental mistakes, and lack of depth. It’s incredibly frustrating to watch this team squander opportunities. We should easily have a host locked, but we just give games away without a fight.

As an example: Get thrown out stealing second. No wait, it was ball four. No wait, slid past the bag. Tagged out to end the inning.

• Haha
Reactions: onewoof and kired

DawgieDust

Nov 6, 2017

Yep. I'm amazed at being proud of winning 1 game. Hell, we should have swept them bastards. Leading in the 8th inning of the first game. And then up 6-1 in the 5th inning of the 3rd game. I'm not a big fan of losing but never will be happy with winning 1 out of 3 especially with the chance to win all 3 like we had this weekend. We failed 2 out 3 times when we had a great chance to put the game away is how I look at it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Going into Friday I would have been happy winning one but damn they let two get away that should not have gotten away. They could have swept. That just makes it hard.

Reactions: dgsmith15

3dawgnight

Aug 27, 2012
Sure seemed like this team was ‘okay’ with getting one. Might have missed it but I didn’t see a whole lot of emotion. Now, I’m not saying we should by throwing hissy fits but it looked like didn’t really give a damn.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
You see it at all levels of sports - if the losing team can ever shift that momentum, it's hard for the other team to get it back.

That started happening in the 3rd. We'd scored 1 run, had two guys in scoring position with 1 out, couldn't get a ball in play. Good opportunity to score more there, especially if we can get to Mershon & Jordan. Think we only got 3 or 4 more hits after that inning. And next inning Arkansas got things going offensively.

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
I like to think they were giving them one more chance. But with hosting on the line, seems like you’d go with your sure things.

While this team may be better suited for a #2 seed somewhere, hosting is hosting and that’s a feather in the cap Lemonis can use to keep his job.

Hell if I know what they were thinking.
There are no sure things