Amazed at how generous...........

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Hoover-Met stadium has been in giving up the long ball. Up until just a few years ago, only a handful of dingers were hit by all the teams combined in the whole tourney. Even the outfield does not look as deep and vast as it has been in years past. I could almost swear and wouldn't be surprised to find that the fences look to have been brought in some to produce more long ball offense. In fact, I would almost bet money on it. Even the current fences look flimsy and not as sturdy/permanent looking as they used to be. Cohen did the same thing at the Dude to produce more HRs for his small ball offense. I prefer bigger ballparks, that produce lower scoring games and lean on pitching and defense. Even TD Ameritrade looks smaller than it started off originally. I can almost tell that TD's power alley fences have been flattened out a bit over their original design. I guess people want more offense and pay to see more HRs.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Wait, so Cohen liked to play small ball, and his solution to make that an advantage for his team was bring the fences in? I don’t think you know what words mean.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's more than Hoover Met. We're in another live ball/bat era in college baseball. Saw where Montgomery has 24 home runs and that's only 4th or 5th in the SEC.

Oct 17, 2023
Hoover-Met stadium has been in giving up the long ball. Up until just a few years ago, only a handful of dingers were hit by all the teams combined in the whole tourney. Even the outfield does not look as deep and vast as it has been in years past. I could almost swear and wouldn't be surprised to find that the fences look to have been brought in some to produce more long ball offense. In fact, I would almost bet money on it. Even the current fences look flimsy and not as sturdy/permanent looking as they used to be. Cohen did the same thing at the Dude to produce more HRs for his small ball offense. I prefer bigger ballparks, that produce lower scoring games and lean on pitching and defense. Even TD Ameritrade looks smaller than it started off originally. I can almost tell that TD's power alley fences have been flattened out a bit over their original design. I guess people want more offense and pay to see more HRs.
Maybe some of it is because on average, the players are bigger and stronger. And most of them are Trying to hit a home run on every pitch or as someone said in a previous pitch trying to set an exit velocity record.

Reactions: leeinator

Latest posts