Arkansas game thread

TulsaAM

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2002
4,255
1,894
113
2 flags picked up against Arkansas. 2 first downs called back against TU.
Always going to be this in Arkansas. I still have a scar on my hear from when a Pig Fan threw a glass bottle at me the last time I went.
 

TulsaAM

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2002
4,255
1,894
113
Agree.
OC ain't giving Williams much of a chance.
But... Arkansas is just so much faster. Not sure what can be done - especially when you can't run the ball.
You scheme your offense for the quicker players across the ball. What I see out of this offense is one of two possibilities:

1) The coaching staff is stubborn and does not want to change what they think their strengths are. Saying I want to go deep to the press leads to the team "pressing" to do it even when it's not there.

2)The coaching staff is so overmatched, they are frozen and call the same group of plays out of the sane look.

I see elements of both here as Arkansas threatens to punch it in with 28 seconds left
 

TulsaAM

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2002
4,255
1,894
113
Thing is, that first half could have been worse. The defense stepped up several times. Yes, they gave up some big plays but that was going to happen.

The offense has been more disappointing than I expected.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drboobay and TU1NNJ

TulsaAM

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2002
4,255
1,894
113
Guess what? Our skill players are finding out what a defense that can tackle can do

And Williams is not doing well
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa leaves Arkansas with plenty to fix before North Texas