Arkansas's Baum-Walker is a decent little stadium...

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Baum reminds me of a smaller Autozone In Memphis. It's a very nice park that I'd list just behind Dudy Noble. Dudy Nobles outfield lounges make it better.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Probably even top 5 in the SEC. My stadium list:

1. Dude
2. Box
3. Listeria Ice Cream
4. Confeds
5. Hoggly Woggly

Hogs could even flip flop with the Johnnies. Honestly, they’re all pretty much interchangeable after number one.
It was a pioneering stadium when they built it. I was there to watch our 2000 team, #1 in the nation in fielding, boot the ball around the infield all weekend and get swept. Glad they got rid of that turf.

They are whiny little girls when it comes to bowing down to our stadium, though. Ours is several steps above.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think Baum is a comfortable number two behind the Dude. Founders park in Columbia is very nice. Florida and Kentucky’s new parks are both nice as well.

Swayze is fine but hurt by not having an open concourse.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It's wild that their top crowd in Hog history which isn't even inclusive of actual attendance would put them at #19 in NCAA history. Meanwhile, we own the Top 18 spots

These schools can spend all the money they want on fancy stadiums, but it will never make it the best place to play ball

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
It's wild that their top crowd in Hog history which isn't even inclusive of actual attendance would put them at #19 in NCAA history. Meanwhile, we own the Top 18 spots

Especially when they have 500k in close proximity and the state is united behind the razorbacks.

I believe there is a MiLB AA team there too. Or was.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I think Baum is a comfortable number two behind the Dude. Founders park in Columbia is very nice. Florida and Kentucky’s new parks are both nice as well.

Swayze is fine but hurt by not having an open concourse.
Swayze looks better on TV than it really is. Their outfield stuff is a LONG way from the fence, there are trash dumpsters between those "terraces" and the fence.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Especially when they have 500k in close proximity and the state is united behind the razorbacks.

I believe there is a MiLB AA team there too. Or was.
AR Travelers AA Cards team was in LR for years but I don't keep up with anything to do w/ MLB much anymore

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

1. Dude
2. Box
3. Listeria Ice Cream
4. Confeds
5. Hoggly Woggly

Hogs could even flip flop with the Johnnies. Honestly, they’re all pretty much interchangeable after number one.
Crazy that we have a better place than the Waltons built

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Swayze looks better on TV than it really is. Their outfield stuff is a LONG way from the fence, there are trash dumpsters between those "terraces" and the fence.
Exactly. Went there last year before the Hardy concert (Wallen no show). Wasn’t impressed at all. Outfield looks like ****.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014

1. Dude
2. Box
3. Listeria Ice Cream
4. Confeds
5. Hoggly Woggly

The Box supposedly will undergo major renovations. Sounds like they will spend as much as we did building the Dude from ground up. Not sure what else they can do, as that new Box is only a few years old. Guess they'll expand capacity in outfield. I notice most SEC stadiums sort of try to copy us in building up their own Left, Right, and CF lounges. UT is also about to spend some major renovation bucks.....they'll have to, to keep Vitello.

Last edited: